Prodromal stuff and waiting for labour thread - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 193 Old 07-12-2010, 07:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Umm....gasoholics anonymous riiiiiiight here

Last night I just about knocked out my husband with my nuclear bombs...I almost felt bad. Except REALLY??? He's the culprit 99% of the time so I figure it's fair payback

GOOD moms let their kids lick the beaters. GREAT moms turn off the mixer first!
Humanist Woman Wife , & Friend Plus Mama to 6 (3 mos, 2, 9, 13, 17, 20)
#122 of 193 Old 07-12-2010, 08:06 PM

I have a kind of informal IBS diagnosis, and I've actually been LESS gassy than usual (and what's been there has been loud, but relatively inoffensive). I've also had somewhat loose stools (but again, much better than normal!) for most of the pregnancy (even with iron supplements), so I don't think "clearing out" will be an indicator for me. (I am also nearly non-emetic--once since I was 16, and that was from a particularly virulent stomach flu. I did not throw up at all during this pregnancy, though there were 2 months or so where I constantly felt like I was going to.) It's one of the few symptoms I've not had, and I am not complaining.

Now, the reflux, on the other hand...

ProtoLawyer (the now-actual lawyer, this isn't legal advice,  please don't take legal advice from some anonymous yahoo on the Internet)
Spouse (the political geek) * Stepdaughter (the artist) * and introducing...the Baby (um, he's a baby? He likes shiny things).
#123 of 193 Old 07-12-2010, 08:44 PM - Thread Starter

Interesting turn to the conversation here LOL
My bowels have been about the same as always. With DD i pooped non stop during the first half of labour, so i'm expecting that again i guess.

My appointment with MW is tomorrow... i really think i'm going to get a membrane sweep... i'm 42 weeks tomorrow so i feel like i've waited long enough to justify maybe a little help. I don't know for sure though.
It's not that invasive i guess, and it can only help, and it won't do a lot if i'm not ready anyway.

I feel apprehensive because i wanted to just go into labour on my own this time. Maybe if i wait until 43 weeks it will happen, but maybe not. I don't totally mind going overdue, but it's hard to fight feelings of it not being normal I'll talk to my MW tomorrow. I think i'm more impatient this time, and there's no real reason for it. I actually feel pretty good.

Maybe baby won't be born yet when the inlaws stay friday night LOL.

Symptoms the same, sometimes for a few hours i'll almost dare to hope that it's labour, yet it never is

Baby is still backing out f my pelvis all the time. When it's low, stuff picks up quickly, lots of productive cervical stuff happens.. and then it backs out and starts twisting and changing sides. I need to trust that the baby knows the right position and is working on it. It's usually on the right with it's head on or beside my right hip

A vent: feel free to skip this LOL
My family is stressing me out. It's just bad timing for other people to be going through crap and sorry for being selfish but i'm the wrong person to phone crying to, i just don't have the capacity to deal with other ppl's stress right now (and esp when it's the same issues and stresses i've heard about for like 15 years) my dad is mentally ill and my mom and younger sibling suffer. They are broke, they go to the foodbank, etc. I help as much as i can, i just need a break right now. I feel burdened and i don't want it to spill over and make me feel negatively about having my mom at the birth, because we are really close and i need her.... ugh.
Ok done.

Anyway, it can't be long now... we'll all have our little sweet babies in our arms soon

Mom to Lizzy born May 2007 & expecting Baby#2 June/July 2010
#124 of 193 Old 07-12-2010, 10:32 PM
MJB

6 hours of contractions with nothing to show for it. I'm only 37 weeks but dang, this needs to go somewhere or stop!
#125 of 193 Old 07-13-2010, 01:42 AM

Early morning wake up calls with major cramping again. *sigh* I see my mw again today and get another CTG (or I guess you all call it an NST). I don't think I'm having contractions - they just feel like cramps, but all over and very intense.

hide.gif Me 41, single mom to modifiedartist.gifdd 4/2001 and demon.gif ds 7/17/2010

#126 of 193 Old 07-13-2010, 08:25 AM

Terrilein -
Same thing here. Actually got out of bed this morning because they were so uncomfortable I couldn't sleep anymore. Figured, if I get up and they stop, I'll be more comfortable. If they don't - it's finally time! They stopped, mostly. I'm scheduled to be induced tomorrow anyway - really wanted to avoid that, but she's already seeming big, and ds was 9.9, leaving me with tears that never healed quite right, and could easily cause a lot more damage with another vaginal birth. I'd rather be induced now, and try for a vaginal birth, then wait another week or two and go in for a c-section...
Good luck - I hope it happens soon for you!

Erika, mama to Sawyer 6/04 joy.gifand Gracie 7/10energy.gif  :, dw Amy:

treehugger.gifsaynovax.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed2.gifRainbow.gif

#127 of 193 Old 07-13-2010, 03:59 PM

I will be 42 weeks this thursday...... hope I am not still pregnant by then but if I am I have my next MW appt on Friday. I went in yesterday and I was 3.5 cm dilated, irregular ctx, had an NST and everything looks normal and fine. I did let her do a sweep a "gentle" sweep lol which I debate really did anything at all because I have had no bleeding or spotting or any increase in ctx.

so still waiting patiently......

Mama to Ella & Elisa, Wife to James
#128 of 193 Old 07-13-2010, 04:22 PM - Thread Starter

Very strong very real contractions here since sometime around 5am this morning.... BUT they are about 15 minutes apart and only last less than a minute.
Pinkish discharge, kind of eggwhitey. Non stop cramps like bad menstrual cramps. Backache. Slightly nauseous and have had several bowel movements already today.

Labour vibes please!!
I'm 42 wks today.

MW appointment this evening, i think i will get cervix checked (maybe) and then a stretch (maybe).

MoonMama Good luck to you, i hope things pick up for you today so that either you are super ready by the time induction starts, or don't need it at all. You're in my prayers!

Mom to Lizzy born May 2007 & expecting Baby#2 June/July 2010
#129 of 193 Old 07-13-2010, 04:58 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oooh megviolet, this sounds promising!

To all those that need it,

I'm starting to feel a shift, a change. Nausea, loose stools, cramps, BH that are feeling more like contractions. Nothing regular. Even just moodwise I feel like this could be it. Something is shifting/changing. Who knows. We'll see.

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#130 of 193 Old 07-13-2010, 06:18 PM

megviolet -- it sounds like you're on your way! fingers crossed!

And good luck to you, too, Surfacing!

Amy (34): mommy to DD1 (11/07) and DD2 (7/10), wife, wohm, and wannabe suburban homesteader.
#131 of 193 Old 07-13-2010, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyKT View Post
And good luck to you, too, Surfacing!
Thanks! But who knows....?

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#132 of 193 Old 07-13-2010, 07:34 PM

So, I'm well aware that stress has a tendency to prevent and stall labor but how can I stay calm when every few days I have a bout of 12 hour contractions that peter out?! I hate that I feel so anxious.... I'm completely preoccupied with thoughts of being with my baby and for this long, uncomfortable journey to finally be over. I'm due in 5 days.

This morning I woke with contractions at 6:30am and deciced to walk through them, instead of going back to sleep. I walked for about an hour and a half, then came back for a 45 min shower. Contractions picked up with the walk and continued through shower. I was exhausted enough to lie back down and sleep between contractions. I woke with them 6 min apart, regular and uncomfortable. They continued for a couple hours, six minutes apart - not increasing in intensity or frequency.. then almost suddenly petered out again.

So, naturally, I went to the drug store for an enema and EPO! haha I tried the castor oil about 10 years ago and still haven't recovered from my traumatic experience! However, it seems to have worked beautifully for expatmama. I'm desperately trying to stay calm.... but so very irritable and lacking patience for anyone else's complaints these days.
#133 of 193 Old 07-13-2010, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megviolet View Post
A vent: feel free to skip this LOL
My family is stressing me out. It's just bad timing for other people to be going through crap and sorry for being selfish but i'm the wrong person to phone crying to, i just don't have the capacity to deal with other ppl's stress right now (and esp when it's the same issues and stresses i've heard about for like 15 years) my dad is mentally ill and my mom and younger sibling suffer. They are broke, they go to the foodbank, etc. I help as much as i can, i just need a break right now. I feel burdened and i don't want it to spill over and make me feel negatively about having my mom at the birth, because we are really close and i need her.... ugh.
Ok done.

Anyway, it can't be long now... we'll all have our little sweet babies in our arms soon
ITA. I can't believe people even think that dh and I should be emotionally available for anyone except our little unit right now. Big reason why we haven't been in contact with the MIL. It's like she has become MORE needy if possible as we get closer to the due date and I'm just like get off my back already can't you see I'm pre-occupied? I think you're totally justified in backing away and saving your energy for yourself right now.

On the prodromal note: I've had like NO action here. A little cramping last night, some strong bh's but that's it.

Happy and in love with my family!
#134 of 193 Old 07-14-2010, 02:51 AM

So just how long are/were your contractions??? I keep getting cramps that go on for minutes at a time. That's not normal for contractions though, right???

ETA: My mw suggested I get some castor oil and that we might want to try that in the coming days. Anybody want to share your castor oil cocktail recipe with me?

hide.gif Me 41, single mom to modifiedartist.gifdd 4/2001 and demon.gif ds 7/17/2010

#135 of 193 Old 07-14-2010, 09:06 AM

SO last night I was so excited about loosing my mucous plug and having a bloody show!! I don't remember that with DD and my ctx started coming pretty regular soon after, so I went to bed thinking I would be in active labor by morning but now nothing...... I did lose more of my plug though this morning so something must be happening. I am planning on doing lots of walking today.

Mama to Ella & Elisa, Wife to James
#136 of 193 Old 07-14-2010, 09:16 AM

To those of you who keep having stalled out labor, I cannot stress how much chiropractic (gentle manipulation, no spine cracking, etc) and accupressure/accupuncture helped me!! I started labor at the mid-line of 42 weeks (going into 43 weeks) and would labor for a long time and then *poof*...nothing. I got adjusted and accupuncture and then accupressure balls taped to the "labor" spots above my ankles and I hit full blown labor within 2 hours of that. My 3rd child was born at 43 weeks to the day.

So, if you keep having the stall issue...I would definitely recommend looking into the above.

Sending positive vibes to everyone.
#137 of 193 Old 07-14-2010, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craft_media_hero View Post

On the prodromal note: I've had like NO action here. A little cramping last night, some strong bh's but that's it.
I would like to retract this statement. Yesterday my belly was hard ALL DAY LONG, like one giant long bh ctx with little breaks of soft belly in between.

Also lots of *ahem* clearing out the bowels. Some more menstrual-type cramp feelings during the more intense bh's.

This morning I got up at 4am and started dusting wth? Really weird. I've been nesting hard all morning.

I think we're going to blow up the tub today and maybe fill halfway with cold? So it won't take so long to fill up. And probably pick up snacks and stuff.

Still no mucus/show. In fact---this is weird to me---I seem to be less mucuos-y than before, like I've kinda dried up a bit? What's up with that?

For a while the indigestion backed off and I was taking that as a sign that the babe had dropped further, but the heartburn is back with a vengeance this am.

Anyways, maybe we're closer than I thought! I hope so. I really don't want to go to work Thursday

ETA--keeping my fingers crossed for all you mommas who are so close! Any minute now, your babies will make their first appearance!

Happy and in love with my family!
#138 of 193 Old 07-14-2010, 10:31 AM

As long as my mw isn't attending a birth tonight, I'll be taking the castor oil cocktail tomorrow morning and will hopefully have the baby sometime tomorrow night! Can I tell you how nervous I am???? I haven't touched my hypnobabies in what seems like weeks now due to the heat. Ack!

#139 of 193 Old 07-14-2010, 11:56 AM

Terrilien, good luck with the castor oil! I'm only 40+2, but I'm not sure if I would be that brave even further along!

CraftMediaHero, I'm having some of the same stuff going on - long Braxton Hicks, that seem to last for several hours - but they are in the afternoons/evenings, so it's probably just combination of fatigue & not drinking enough for me. And ditto on the less discharge - weird, eh?

If pressed, I would have to say, I Got Nuthin' Going On. I have had off & on menstrual-ish cramps over the past couple of weeks, but clearly nothing productive. I can't tell where my cervix is. I honestly can't nest any more - I've been having crazy nesting urges at weird times of night for the past month.

I guess I should be grateful that I'm not experiencing prodromal labor, right?

I scheduled a massage for Friday morning, and plan to go to yoga tomorrow night. Pamper me-self!
#140 of 193 Old 07-14-2010, 02:08 PM

Moody and want to be alone. Hard uterus. Few crampy contractions. Always have soft stools since about 34 weeks so that is nothing to write home about. My changes are more mental, I feel a little lumpy and dream about hiding on a cloud far from everyone else. Took a walk last night and I swear I just had a 15 minute long contraction lol. Tried to have sex and instead got stabbed in the wrong spot for my trouble. Not much longer now. right?

carlie~33 DP~40 mom to Cadan Riley 7/22/04, Kailin Naiya 8/05/06,, Ronen Blake12/13/08 , Rosen Blythe 7/26/10.
#141 of 193 Old 07-15-2010, 05:16 AM

So, the temperature dropped dramatically after a really good thunderstorm last night and I managed to sleep a ton! Yeah! I had talked with my mw yesterday after the doc visit and I was instructed to take the castor oil cocktail if she didn't text me to say she was attending another birth. So here I am at 10:20 am and have finally managed to choke down the brew. I had to drink it in two rounds because it was so nasty. Right after the first round I got a big ole cramp. Now I feel fine. My book says it can take 2-6 hours for the castor oil to do anything. I only took 30 ml since I've been so crampy and hope that it will be enough to get things going.

DP is making pancakes for breakfast. Afterwards we'll make the bed. I think I'll pop in the shower then and just wait!

#142 of 193 Old 07-15-2010, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela512 View Post
To those of you who keep having stalled out labor, I cannot stress how much chiropractic (gentle manipulation, no spine cracking, etc) and accupressure/accupuncture helped me!!
I've been going to the chiro regularly during this pregnancy and cannot believe what a difference it has made to my overall physical comfort and pelvic comfort this pregnancy. Haven't tried accupuncture but good to keep in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottbabies View Post
SO last night I was so excited about loosing my mucous plug and having a bloody show!! I don't remember that with DD and my ctx started coming pretty regular soon after, so I went to bed thinking I would be in active labor by morning but now nothing...... I did lose more of my plug though this morning so something must be happening. I am planning on doing lots of walking today.
Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carliec76 View Post
Tried to have sex and instead got stabbed in the wrong spot for my trouble.
Ouch!

CMH - I've had some periods where there's been less/no mucous and then a couple of days later HELLO someone has sneezed in my panties again. Maybe it's just your body gearing up for the next round. Either way, things sound like they are progressing. Did you ever get in to your tub?

Terrilein - Got my fingers crossed for you - I hope the castor oil works.

AFM - more sharp cramps at cervix, a lot more now, pain in my inner thighs like menstrual cramps, mucous, no blood. Grumble. Dh and I are going to take a walk again today. It's my sister's birthday and one day before my due date. I would love to have this baby today. But it's out of my hands.... for me too!

to everyone!

#143 of 193 Old 07-15-2010, 03:33 PM

*sigh* Just got back from seeing my midwife. Still no changes in my cervix. But then at that point I'd only had contractions for approx. 2 hours, and they're very light and easy ones. She's not calling it real labor yet. I'm betting they'll evolve into active labor eventually (after 30 hours) like they did with dd. I just hope it happens a hell of a lot faster. I really thought I'd have a baby in my arms tonight. Now it's looking more like it'll be sometime tomorrow. I think I'll try using my milk pump for a bit of stimulation. Anyone ever done that? Or is it really better to tweak your nipples?

#144 of 193 Old 07-15-2010, 04:32 PM

sounds like a lot of you ladies are moving along towards the final goal :-). I had my appt today, 2 cms and 50% effaced, very soft, but besides a few contractions over the last few days, there's nothing much going on. I am 38 weeks tomorrow, so I know I have plent of time, but #2 was born at 38 weeks, so it does make me wish for an early bird again.

Dr knows we have two other children, so she offered me an induction again around the 26th (4 days before my due date) and though last time I was not tempted at all, this time, I was like, hmmmmmmmm, it would be convenient since then my mil could come and watch the kids since my own mother bailed out of our original plans and isn't arriving until the 30th.

I am so anti induction, but the thought of going into labor and having to wait 2 hours until someone could get here makes me nervous, my daughter was 3 hours start to finish.....at least I have another week to decide...sigh.

Sending labor vibes to everyone who has the start of some action
#145 of 193 Old 07-15-2010, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrilein View Post
*sigh* Just got back from seeing my midwife. Still no changes in my cervix. But then at that point I'd only had contractions for approx. 2 hours, and they're very light and easy ones. She's not calling it real labor yet. I'm betting they'll evolve into active labor eventually (after 30 hours) like they did with dd. I just hope it happens a hell of a lot faster. I really thought I'd have a baby in my arms tonight. Now it's looking more like it'll be sometime tomorrow. I think I'll try using my milk pump for a bit of stimulation. Anyone ever done that? Or is it really better to tweak your nipples?
Easy, pretty labor vibes to you! I know the waiting is wicked awful, but I hope you're able to get some good rest before the action starts. It's night time where you are, right?

Amy (34): mommy to DD1 (11/07) and DD2 (7/10), wife, wohm, and wannabe suburban homesteader.
#146 of 193 Old 07-15-2010, 06:29 PM

Terri I was just reading that even massaging your breasts with a warm wet washcloth for 1 hour (!?!?) is recommended for breast/nipple stimulation, but to ease off it it causes ctxns for more than 60 seconds. But either the pump or self-tweaking could also work. Try and see what you prefer?

My sharp cervix cramps and uterus tightening have picked up today. It's feeling like it's moving in the right direction. Turns out my MW is not going out of town afterall and will do a home visit tomorrow with us. Yay! I will be 40 weeks. I'm getting so tired of people asking when the baby is coming. Hang in there, all!

#147 of 193 Old 07-15-2010, 06:35 PM

Can I join the club?? I'm only 38 weeks and I swore that I wouldn't be impatient this time as DS was born with an induction at 42w1d. But, last night we had a huge thunderstorm with tornado warnings and I just felt like something was going to happen. I was having a ton of BH like contractions, but they were getting stronger and more regular and were hurting like bad AF cramps. Today I've had a major low bachache. DH adjusted me this morning, which helped a little. I have not been checked at all and won't be as I am GBS+ and not getting abx. I do feel really bulgy down there if you know what I mean. Forgive the dumb question, but could that be my cervix I am feeling? I've also been having a lot of stabbing in my cervix for a few weeks now.

I am sending labor vibes to all of you!!

Angel, teaches Psych, married to Martin, chiropractor since 06/25/05 , Mama to DS, Quinn 7/11/07 and DD, Eliza 8/2/10 :
#148 of 193 Old 07-15-2010, 06:47 PM

Well, so much for castor oil. My contractions have all but stopped. Bummer.

#149 of 193 Old 07-15-2010, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrilein View Post
Well, so much for castor oil. My contractions have all but stopped. Bummer.
That sucks! I used castor oil with DS and it didn't work for me either. Good luck to you!

Angel, teaches Psych, married to Martin, chiropractor since 06/25/05 , Mama to DS, Quinn 7/11/07 and DD, Eliza 8/2/10 :
#150 of 193 Old 07-15-2010, 08:34 PM

Bummer Terrilein!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page