Prodromal stuff and waiting for labour thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 193 Old 06-27-2010, 03:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, where are you at? What have you been experiencing as your body gets closer? How are you feeling emotionally?

I know a bunch of us are experiencing lots of early labour feelings and on and off cramping, contrax, etc. I thought a place where we can all share daily changes would be nice. I know that my family is getting tired of my daily updates that never lead to a baby being born.

For me, apart from lots of BH, i've had a few rounds of an hour or more of low uterine contrax, backache, cramping. Of course, it always goes away after an hour or so.
Baby is low and puts painful pressure on my cervix, but that's ok with me

A few mornings ago it was so severe, contrax were 3-5 minutes long and low down and painful, i was nauseous, i as in pain between contrax... ugh. And then, of course, it went away!
Later that day, went to Safeway and it started up again. i ended up in the bathroom there, moaning and trying to pee while i had contrax
I had a few tiny drops and smears of blood/pink in mucous the next day, and nothing since!

I notice that all my prodromal stuff picks up when i relax and put my feet up, done what needs doing.

Also, i've been sleeping so solidly for 4-4 hour stretches before waking up desperate to pee! And even though i'm tired all day and my feet keep swelling, i get this crazy energy burst each evening and get things cooked, backed, cleaned.. it's about time!

I called my midwife, since i didnt' want to drive 40min down to the appointment feeling like crap. She is so awesome, talked it all over with me and told me that i should rest and let it subside since it was so irregular and didnt' seem like real labour. Then she called me that night to check in and even offered to come up and give me a check-up at home if i was still feeling iffy. I'm so glad i have midwives this time

I'm *due* in 3 days but expect it will be at least 10 days... and my MW's have July3rd as my due date which can give me some extra wiggle room for going overdue.

Mom to Lizzy born May 2007 & expecting Baby#2 June/July 2010
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 193 Old 06-27-2010, 03:27 PM

I'm not due until the 8th but think I'll go early. I've been experiencing menstrual like cramping for several weeks now along with a feeling that the baby is trying to scratch his way out. More recently my belly has been tightening up for hours on end. Not sure if that's supposed to be BH or not, but it's definitely not contractions. Today I've had 3 bowel movements already, but I'm NOT ready for the baby to come yet. My midwife is out of town until tomorrow night and I'm not keen on birthing with her back up since I haven't met her yet. Othewise I'm really tired and want this pregnancy to over with so badly.

hide.gif Me 41, single mom to modifiedartist.gifdd 4/2001 and demon.gif ds 7/17/2010

#3 of 193 Old 06-27-2010, 05:18 PM

Physically I feel great except for the nocturnal bathroom breaks, some pressure when I walk alot and large bowel movements several times per day(sorry tmi!)!
Don't feel like I'm at the end at all considering I'm nearly 39 wks. MW on Friday said my body probably will wait for DH to get home which is a nice thought!

Emotionally, not so bad either.
I hate living in someone else's home (in-laws). Miss my soft sheets, my bedroom and fluffy towels and my big, strong DH.

I particularly hate the way things smell here. Is that weird?
It's not bad or dirty, just...it's not my home and I feel uprooted and less comfortable.

Strangely, I feel better at my Dad's house but he's not going to take care of the laundry and cooking like MIL does.
She even brought me breakfast in bed this morning and took care of DS

Hugs to you who are feeling crappy!

Emma - Welsh Wife to DH and Mummy to DS, Lloyd 13/08/07 and Cerys 15/07/10
Living in Russia
#4 of 193 Old 06-27-2010, 09:15 PM

Some very slight slight menstrual cramping here and just tons of BH's nothing consistent and only towards the front of my belly, just waiting waiting..... I am "due" the 2nd but I have a feeling I will still be pregnant for the 4th of July weekend.

Mama to Ella & Elisa, Wife to James
#5 of 193 Old 06-27-2010, 10:15 PM

I'm not due until the 17th so I *do* still have time but I just have been feeling like I'll go early. Dh thinks we'll have a baby before 4th of July but I'm not too sure. I'm experiencing off and on nights of contrax but then they peder out and have never been timeable. I'm ok with still being pregnant some days then others I'm done. More are ok and I just have to keep telling myself I can do this a bit longer. I'm never going to get to do this again so I will survive.

Aimee Blessed Momma to 4 amazing boys, P ~ 9 H ~ 7 J ~ 4 and B ~ 1.  Happily married to D Living my almost dream life on an urban homestead, hoping for our forever land to find us soon!

#6 of 193 Old 06-27-2010, 10:28 PM

I got nothin', not due until the 30th which feels soooooo far away and she's high, no contrax, no nothin', I don't want her to go early, but I want her to go early so I can stop PEEING!

I am jealous of all you ladies due soon.
#7 of 193 Old 06-27-2010, 10:57 PM

I'm due the 15th and I really don't feel much going on. I can't even find my cervix yet. I do have what seems like a lot of pelvic pressure to me but I'm not sure what a lot is since I never had any with my first. I also have a bit of pelvic pain but nothing unbearable. I expect to make it to 40 weeks and to have the baby between 40 and 41 so emotionally I'm fine. It really seems surreal that I'm even this far along, 38 weeks almost!!!!

Amy, Army wife living in S. Korea, mama to my inverted t c/s baby 04.05.08 and my VBAC with inverted t baby 07.24.10
#8 of 193 Old 06-27-2010, 11:15 PM

I am due the 12th. I have had more useful BHs. I feel them in my crotch and butt now so I hope they are doing something to my cervix. The BHs I have are sporadic at best.

Today was the first day I had some low period like cramps but then I had diarrhea and they went away. Sigh. I can't even tell were my guts end and my uterus begins. I started EPO orally a week ago and plan to start it vaginally in addition tomorrow. I see the Dr tomorrow too and I might let him do a VE to see if there is any progress.

~Heather, loving my DH and DS with my whole heart. Our newest addition DD July '10
#9 of 193 Old 06-27-2010, 11:40 PM

Due on 8th or 1st so I could go soon. Have had prodromal labor 3 times. It sucks and I've never had this before. Painful contractions every 2 minutes (I could not walk through contractions but I could still talk through them, so definitely not full blown active labor for me). The first day led to 1cm dilation so I was told I was indeed in labor. But then contractions slowed and then stopped. That was actually emotionally hard to first accept we were in labor and then to have it not happen. Since then I've had 2 other prodromal episodes, one lasting 4 hours and another lasting 18 hours! Since I know what complete active labor feels like and didn't want to get bent out of shape emotionally again, I spent those last 2 episodes just resting at home and expecting them to stop. I still sent my husband off to work and had my brother watch my kids (since I was incapacitated). I'm just planning that we'll hang on until the 8th and these prodromal episodes just need to be gotten through with rest and if things progress faster than that, then we're prepared too. Other than that, I have frequent and regular BH, but those don't hurt so I don't mind. Trying to enjoy the last few days with my 2 kids. My 3 1/2 yo told me he was afraid i wouldn't play with him anymore when baby came.

Mum to DD (5), DS (3), and Baby #3 due in July. Sharing this adventure with DH .
#10 of 193 Old 06-28-2010, 12:09 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Interesting to read this thread and hear where everyone is at.

I am due on the 16th. I've had lots of BH and cramping in my lower abs. Yesterday and today the sharp twinges at my cervix have started. I have definitely felt like I've had some ctxns on and off but I know it's not full on labour because for me, the ctxns always go into my back. I've had some VERY MILD tightening in my back at times with very strong BH, and sometimes they take my breath away. I just feel like my body is preparing like crazy. Also (sorry TMI) loose stools and watery CM. I feel READY to have this baby but the odd time I still have moments when I feel okay. Since I'm not miserable 24/7 I figure it's not time yet.

We've gotten to the point now where I'm waddling, lumbering along, and puffing and panting. We were out shopping today, dh was strolling, pushing the kids in a shopping cart, I'm waaay behind them shouting, "WHY ARE YOU RUNNING?" He was definitely not running, just walking at a normal pace.

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#11 of 193 Old 06-28-2010, 12:15 AM

I'm here too. I'm due tomorrow, and the NP and I were sure I'd have gone into labor a few days ago As of Thursday baby was all the way down, in position, I was having irregular contrax that were painful and keeping me awake...and nothing. Crampy, can't cross my legs because his head is RIGHT there, the whole bit. At least I got a really good night's sleep last night, DS stayed at my MIL's, I didn't have any contractions, and I was able to sleep in this morning!

Sigh. Today I started trying to get him to come out--tried sex (which I was very nervous about because I've been so sore, but it went fine thankfully), nipple stim, spicy food, and overdoing it cleaning. Nothing. I'm not trying the "big" stuff like castor oil unless I'm close to being induced, and my OB gives me two weeks so I have some time. DS was born on his due date, so maybe tomorrow will be my day? I'm not feeling like this is it though--I'm thinking at least a couple more days.

Mom to Liz (14) and Dillon (3) and Mitchell FINALLY born 7/11/10!
#12 of 193 Old 06-28-2010, 12:39 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I'm no due til the end of the month, but I have been having cervix pinches, cramping, and strong BH that come with surges of nausea and hot flashes. I'm good to go for a HB on Wed, but my girls are going out of town 7/2-7/10 so I want to wait until they get back. My cervix is super soft, a loose 2cm, and reachable, but still fairly high. I am very much over the constant contrx. I am hoping for a mid July baby...

Larissa, mom to my 3 girls (07/10), (05/02), and (09/98)
#13 of 193 Old 06-28-2010, 12:47 AM

Ovulation has me due 7/16, first US 7/23. I've had a ton of BH, they are usually painless, but often take my breath away just from how the muscles seem to constrict my lungs... if that makes any sense.

The midwife did an exam last week to check for position (she wasn't sure if it was head or butt, but internally head is definitely down and what she thought was a breech butt was actually shoulders!) and I was 1cm dilated and almost 100% effaced.

I have painful BH at night when I wake up having to pee really bad. I've been trying to walk and sit on my birth ball to help get baby situated.

This is my first so I really have no idea what's going on. Definitely feeling pressure on my cervix, though. DH and I both think she'll come early. He starts a new job on the 12th. Oy.

Darla dishes.gif Jimguitar.gif Wrenflower.gif Papahat.gif Grandma dog2.gifNana Anne jumpers.gif & the Great Cosmic Mimi om.gif
3 houses - 2 blocks in the old neighborhood = 1 eclectic/traditional tribe!
#14 of 193 Old 06-28-2010, 01:48 AM

Sigh. I'm here too. EDD July 1st.

My doc had us convinced that baby would come this weekend- he wouldn't even make my regular appointment for Wednesday after checking me last time. He still has 3 days to be right- but I'm not so convinced now.
Lost my mucous plug and had lots of spotting and intermittent contractions starting Friday that got into a regular pattern on Saturday then stopped. Both DH and I got all worked up and I wasted a lot of energy trying to "walk the baby out" as they say, and get the contractions up and running. Yesterday I just decided to take it really easy and still had two episodes of semi-regular contractions with some cramping and awful pangs in my cervix and a couple of awful shooting pains down my thighs. More spotting too.

I think I've found the trick to make it all go away for me- hot baths and showers. I took a bath after a few hours yesterday when I was convinced things were going nowhere as usual and then slept for a blissful 5 hours. Got up and started puttering around, but mostly relaxing and things started again late at night so I took a shower- stopped it in it tracks. I'm in tons of pain when I have to get up at night to pee too. I don't know if it's because my tiny but full bladder is just adding to all the pressure or what, but it's horrible. And it happens every few hours at night, sometimes I think that is what is starting the episodes of contractions, but it's hard to tell. I wake up in pain while having all these dreams that I'm in labour...it's confusing and tiring.

I was so gung-ho about all of it the first couple of days - "bring it on" and whatnot... now I'm pretty frustrated and I don't think I'll believe I'm in actual labour until I can see the darn head poking out. I think DH will need a bunch of conclusive evidence too at this point. I also made the mistake of emailing a bunch of people on Friday saying that I thought the baby was coming on the weekend... so now everyone is asking where the baby is and what's goig on... constantly. Argggghhhhhhhhhh.....
On a more positive note- this has given me ample opportunity to practice my relaxation and coping techniques and even though I know actual labour will likely be way more intense, I feel more confident about handling it now.

Me dreads.gif 32, loving him fuzmalesling.gif33, more each day. Rad boy, jog.gif 7/12/10 & Cool gal baby.gif  4/28/13

I'm a biracial, atheist, humanist, pacifist, anarchist, bibliophile, and educator. Rainbow.gifgd.gifwinner.jpgnocirc.gif

#15 of 193 Old 06-28-2010, 02:11 AM

Yep, I am here too. I've been avoiding this thread though because I am just so impatient about all this prodromal crap that I have nothing good to say about it. But when it's actually this uncomfortable, how are we supposed to be thrilled or even excited! Prodromal labour is telling me lies lies lies! I don't believe it!!

I have an irritable uterus. At about 20 weeks I started getting ctx every 3-10 minutes all day long. So I get a ton of BH. My baby dropped a while ago and I can reach her head when my fingers are just two knuckles in, sorry tmi. There is a ton of pressure and pinching. My cervix is butter soft and stretchy and about 4cm, 90% effaced...tons of watery CM...

I can mostly ignore all that stuff and carry on without getting excited about a maybe soon baby.

(TMI) But, last monday I decided to dtd with dp to see if we could get things started. Havn't done this in a long time because my uterus goes crazy. But I thought it might be worth it if labour could start. What a disaster! The sex was fine. But about 15 minutes afterward, the contractions started. it was about midnight. The ctx were every 2-3 minutes apart and lasting over a minute each and very strong. And just as painful as when I was in labour with dd1.

We filled the tub, I was moaning involuntarily, I *needed* dear partner to press on my back for counter pressure...it was almost exactly like dd1's birth. The only difference is that between contractions, I was still alert and present. After a few hours dp literally begged me to call the midwives. But I knew there was no imminent birth and I was worried labour would stall given that it was 'stimulated' labour. Well, by 9am things started to piddle out. And now I am still pregnant.

So that 'false labour' episode was longer than dd1's birth. And just as painful.WTF!!! I am still feeling emotionally scared by it! Well, that may be an exaggeration but seriously, what was that all about?!! I feel shell shocked and like a dear in head lights. I did not need that reminder of what labour is like right before I have to run the 'marathon' of birth again!Sigh.

Who knows, maybe I will be blessed with a highly efficient birth when the time actually comes.

SAHM to DD 03/08 & DD 06/10 made with love with my DP

#16 of 193 Old 06-28-2010, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expat-mama View Post
My doc had us convinced that baby would come this weekend- he wouldn't even make my regular appointment for Wednesday after checking me last time. He still has 3 days to be right- but I'm not so convinced now.
That is just not fair!! Giving out false hope like it was halloween candy!! Boo Dr.!! But here's hoping he was right!

Quote:
I think I've found the trick to make it all go away for me- hot baths and showers.
Yes, If you're not against it, a glass of wine and a bath is typically a good remedy for 'false' labour. If it's real labour, nothing will touch it. Some people also swear by gravol.

Quote:
I don't think I'll believe I'm in actual labour until I can see the darn head poking out.
Same here. Really. I am worried I might not call anyone until it's really truly go time. Ah well, it just so happens that my midwife is nearly my next door neighbour. Not that I should count on her being home when I call!

#17 of 193 Old 06-28-2010, 02:25 AM

I hope things happen for you mamas soon!

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#18 of 193 Old 06-28-2010, 11:49 AM

I agree, that false hope is the worst. I wish the nurse practitioner hadn't said that, she prefaced it with "well, you never know what a baby will do BUT" and she did make my appointment for Wednesday, but we were ready to go, you know?

Expat mama, I'm the same boat with peeing--when I have the tiniest bit of liquid in my bladder it makes my stomach HURT, and feels like a contraction a little bit. Then I squeeze out a tiny trickle, and it's all fine again.

I don't want to try walking the baby out or any of that because I'm worried that I'll wear myself out--I keep thinking I need all my energy for labor, right?

Mom to Liz (14) and Dillon (3) and Mitchell FINALLY born 7/11/10!
#19 of 193 Old 06-28-2010, 01:28 PM

I'm still here too....And willing to do nearly ANYTHING short of jumping on a trampoline to get things moving!!

Friday night I took benedryl which chilled things out for a few hours. Last night I tried 6oz of a really yummy beer, that worked VERY nicely. Very full of nesting energy and busyness today.

I had prodromal labor once before, in my 2nd pregnancy (also the only time I have had PTL before this pregnancy) He was my biggest kiddo....(and mellowest too...hummm ) I am thinking for me it may really be a function of my body positioning a bigger baby body and head, and doing it in such a way as to not stress out the little-one.

House is done for now. Off to the mountains for another hike. It may tire me out but I LOVE hiking and have done so little in the past nearly 2 years because of my pregnancies, losses, and recoveries. Sometimes feeding the soul and resting the spirit is as important or more so than the body YK?
Soon, right?!?!? SOON!!!

DH&Me  Christ follower, homeschooler, gardener, (insert lots of additional crunchiness here) chicken mama, & occasionally blogger. intactlact.gifMama of  boys 9,7,3.5,&11months....& SURPRISE jaw2.gif  expecting a BOY in November!  7 sweet-babes gone too soon.

#20 of 193 Old 06-28-2010, 03:43 PM

I'm due July 12th and I'm feeling strong BHs and a lot of pressure around the perineum area that gets more intense when I'm standing or walking. The baby has been low for a long time but the head is still floating...no where near being in the "locked and loaded" position. I also have really strong pains when sitting on the toilet...especially when I have to pee. I feel good when sitting or laying down, so I've been doing less of that unless I really feel tired. Shopping is a nightmare....just walking the length of the store and up and down aisles is enough to make me want to stop and just sit down forever!!! lol. I'm definitely waddling. The baby kicks hard and sometimes that brings on the crampies. I have preggo insomnia...just lay there wanting to sleep but can't.

More absentmindedness and clumsiness going on. Appetite starting to decrease a little. I don't know what my cervix is doing because I don't get checked until I past a due date. I was late with my other two so I have it set in my mind to be late this time too. <sigh> It would be nice to not be sooo late though. My first was a week past and my second was 12 days past, induced with castor oil. It would be nice to get this over with!!! We're all almost there ladies!!!

homeschooling, breastfeeding, cosleeping mama to ds1(7), ds2(3) and dd(3 months)
#21 of 193 Old 06-28-2010, 03:44 PM

I just posted in the weekly chat thread, but I thought I'd put a word of encouragement in here. I just had a midwife appointment and after all this crazy prodromal stuff, I am sitting pretty at 6-7cm 95%effaced and baby is +1 station. So my body has been working on things! Woo.

I hope that all the cramping and pinching and contracting has done something for you too if you've had to put up with the on and off 'false' labour stuff.

Come on OUT babies!! (if you are in fact cooked!)

#22 of 193 Old 06-28-2010, 03:46 PM - Thread Starter

I'm so sympathetic!
mamakaikai that is awful that you were up all night!

expat-mama just remember it's not a waste of time walking the baby out, you're getting work done on it even if it doesn't end in real labour.

So this is weird- last night i was going over my music list for labour, and decided to have a nice hot bath while i listened to it. I was having some cramps and contrax, of course, lol and DH was home so he could take Lizzy down to the playroom so i could be alone.

So i'm in the bath, have my MamaGoddess OIl (smells soooo relaxing) comfortably propped up with a towel, in the dark, with my meditation music.
I remembered how before transition with DD i was able to nearly stop the pain of contrax by pushing the pain/energy down to my cervix and visualizing it opening.

So i did that, not that i was even really in pain, but just practicing- but it made me start getting strong contrax and here is the WEIRDEST thing, a few times i involuntarily had to push! Awful! It's like a gag reflex. Now, i know my cervix is high and posterior, but a lot was going on down there. (I never had any urge to push with DD, i lied and said i did so i could speed things up since i was being threatened with a c-sec, and it was directed pushing for hours and hours.)

I got out of the bath because, honestly, i didn't want the pushing reflex thing anymore. I guess my body remembers doing it last time and was just doing it on it's own, i couldn't stop it! I don't know if it's harmful, it didn't seem right, I mean, it was as intense as when i was pushing out DD.

Had a great sleep and this morning, normal BH and a bit of spotting.

Mom to Lizzy born May 2007 & expecting Baby#2 June/July 2010
#23 of 193 Old 06-28-2010, 04:39 PM

megviolet - wow, really crazy with the pushing urge!

I saw my mw's backup today and she checked my cervix for me. It's still high, but it's soft, effacing somewhat and 1 cm open already. Baby's head is also really well engaged - no idea what station though. All I can say is YEAH!!!!! and keep going. I really like not having to do anything while my body just does it's thing. Of course, I wish I could sleep. But if this means an easier, faster labor then I'm happy to oblige.

hide.gif Me 41, single mom to modifiedartist.gifdd 4/2001 and demon.gif ds 7/17/2010

#24 of 193 Old 06-28-2010, 08:03 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I'm so glad all these experiences are being posted! I had a very short bout of cramping the other night down low (very short, like a minute or 2). DP said 'is that normal' and I replied, I think so lol I like reading all of these and getting an idea of what I might expect (due the 20th) so I'm not taken by surprise. Bring on the wine!

As for me, still just tired, no nesting energy here! Baby is pretty active, a LOT of stretching. Starting to feel *something* in my hips/pelvic area, I suppose it could be called pressure. It feels somewhat sore when I walk. Walking 2 blocks from work to the store and 2 blocks back this afternoon made me pretty tired! Appetite seems to have decreased slightly, but that could be the heat. Physically I'm done (I'm a baby lol) but in every other way - please please baby don't come early! Of course, my EDD is based on my last period, so can't be sure how accurate that is, though the MW says I'm measuring right on target.

Loving mama to Aden (8/5/2010) and DSD (15).
#25 of 193 Old 06-28-2010, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakaikai View Post
I just posted in the weekly chat thread, but I thought I'd put a word of encouragement in here. I just had a midwife appointment and after all this crazy prodromal stuff, I am sitting pretty at 6-7cm 95%effaced and baby is +1 station. So my body has been working on things! Woo.

I hope that all the cramping and pinching and contracting has done something for you too if you've had to put up with the on and off 'false' labour stuff.

Come on OUT babies!! (if you are in fact cooked!)
WOW on the progress!! Look out when that baby does decide to come. He/she is just gonna fly outta there. Now you are probably wondering what the hold up is!

I haven't been checked since my 36wk check-up, and I was 3cm 50% effaced. (38+1 today) I know I have someone's head really low because of all the rectal pressure. At 36wk c/u I had gained only a pound from the week before (I usually do 3-5 ), and then last week I lost a pound, so I know I have entered the end of things. Also, TMI, I am having frequent BMs, which I tend to get a week or so before things take off.
Thankfully (and *knock on wood*), I haven't had that pesky prodromal stuff. I get BH's that are pretty intense now and then, but that's all. The only wacky thing is when my body is like this, it tends to just slam me into labor out of the blue. Suddenly I'll go from no ctrx to ctrx 5mins apart and intense and quickly progress. Or my water will break and on come the ctrx. Then about 2 hrs later, baby (or babies this time!). Of course, I could have a curveball and who knows how it will all go down. These babies seem so comfortable in there, they will probably just hang out until they are evicted on July 5th, when I am scheduled to be induced.
#26 of 193 Old 06-29-2010, 01:37 AM

Oh it's so nice to see others in the same boat... I'm not due until the 9th, but the other night had contrax that went from 10-5-3 minutes apart, and stayed that way for several hours. They were painful enough that I was unable to walk with them... Thought for sure it was time - was 2 cm and 60% effaced, but then 2 hours later, at 6:30am, they stopped... Now I'm just frustrated. I made dw come home from a party she had been looking forward to, because I thought for sure it was time. We woke up MIL and dropped ds off. And all for nothing. I told her, next time, we wait until either my water breaks, or I can feel/see the head!!!
Every evening, I have another episode of contrax, not painful like the other night, but uncomfortable. And nothing. Now I don't have any patience - I just want her OUT, so I can hold her!!!

Erika, mama to Sawyer 6/04 joy.gifand Gracie 7/10energy.gif  :, dw Amy:

treehugger.gifsaynovax.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed2.gifRainbow.gif

#27 of 193 Old 06-29-2010, 02:39 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Groan grumble complain.

I am definitely feeling early labour type stuff right now. I can't sleep. The cramping and discomfort is too great. Just when I doze off then something wakes me again and bugs me. BH are intense. Lots of cramps. Lots of yuckyness. But things are irregular so I know it's prodromal. Groan grumble complain.

Go away so I can get some sleep please! Tomorrow I have to see my pill lady and therapist, I have errands to run. I can't lie in bed napping all day!

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#28 of 193 Old 06-29-2010, 03:01 AM

Wow MamaKaiKai!!! It sounds like baby is well on its way OUT!
I'm hoping to hear some good news tomorrow at my appt. Yes, that's right- the appointment that was not even scheduled because the doc said this baby was coming WELL before Wednesday. I'm just going to show up at my usual time. I'm thinking of asking him to do a stretch and sweep, maybe that will help things along. I just want this baby out before my mom gets here on Saturday.

Overall I'm doing much better with everything lately. Still getting some contractions and definitely still some cramping, but weirdly they seem to be less frequent AND less intense than they were over the weekend, maybe because I've been tempering them with hot showers and baths . I honestly don't know whether to be happy or upset about that. I'm going to choose to think positive and be relieved that I'm getting a break.

Here's hoping we'll soon see some babies emerging from all this drama!
Hang in there mamas, it won't be long...

Me dreads.gif 32, loving him fuzmalesling.gif33, more each day. Rad boy, jog.gif 7/12/10 & Cool gal baby.gif  4/28/13

I'm a biracial, atheist, humanist, pacifist, anarchist, bibliophile, and educator. Rainbow.gifgd.gifwinner.jpgnocirc.gif

#29 of 193 Old 06-29-2010, 04:25 AM

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Having some "real" contrax!! They're not super-regular (4-7 min apart) right now, but are definitely the "real thing" vs. the Braxton-Hix that I've been having a lot of recently. These actually started with somewhat-regular (again 5-10 min apart) Brax-Hix (not really painful) while I was vegging infront of the TV this evening, but I had a kinda feeling. Then I woke just before 2 with these. I'm waiting to call anyone since it's such an odd hour, and traditionally I have really long labors.

Maybe this is it!! Maybe this babe will break the cycle of 2 weeks late!! They do say for the third one all bets are off. Here's hoping!

Wife to since '98; Homeschooling, just completed my doctorate & becoming crunchier by the day; Mom to DSs: 06/10,12/05, & 1/99 & 1 on the way (3/15)
#30 of 193 Old 06-29-2010, 04:54 AM

I got woken up too...Regular intense ctx at 7 min apart with tons of cervical stretch sensations...but still not convinced yet. Not wanting to encourage it and wear my self out only to have it stop come morning, but they are definately too intense to sleep through/between.

DH&Me  Christ follower, homeschooler, gardener, (insert lots of additional crunchiness here) chicken mama, & occasionally blogger. intactlact.gifMama of  boys 9,7,3.5,&11months....& SURPRISE jaw2.gif  expecting a BOY in November!  7 sweet-babes gone too soon.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page