How to turn a posterior baby? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-27-2010, 08:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So my midwife thinks my baby is posterior (sunny side up). She said to do child's pose and cat/cow to try to get lil one to turn but I don't think it's working. (I'm 37w6d). I think baby can flip but always seems to go back to this position.

Any tips on flipping baby? What happens if baby stays this way? Google said LONG labor and LONG pushing....no no no!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2010, 09:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Did Google direct you to spinningbabies.com? Lots of good tricks there! Hope baby flips AND stays!

Loads of blessings, and learning on the job.
run.gif 

Old 06-27-2010, 09:21 PM

I also would suggest spinningbabies.

My babe has a tendency to be op as well. Half of my labour with dd1 she was op. I knew the exact moment that she turned, because it stopped being so painful right then and I didn't make a sound after she turned. I had been very noisy through the back labour. Here's the thing though: labour was still perfectly manageable, and she eventually turned. My labour was about 6-7 hours and I only pushed for 30 minutes. So don't worry too much. In the meantime, try and spend some time on hands and knees with you belly hanging down. I do this at least 2x a day for 15mins. Particularly helpful when baby is already awake and moving around. Most babies even if op when labour starts will navigate the pelvis and turn into a good position to be born.

SAHM to DD 03/08 & DD 06/10 made with love with my DP

Old 06-27-2010, 10:49 PM

Like the others said, spinning babies, hands and knees (clean your floors this way!), rebozo, forward leaning inversions off your couch, pelvic floor release, chiropractic adjustment, pelvic tilts/rocking 3 x per day. I have an OP babe as well. It gets OA sometimes but usually just hangs out ROP or ROT. I'm doing all the work and just leaving the rest up to baby

Amy, Army wife living in S. Korea, mama to my inverted t c/s baby 04.05.08 and my VBAC with inverted t baby 07.24.10
Old 06-28-2010, 12:18 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lots of good advice here!

http://www.spinningbabies.com = great resource

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
Old 06-28-2010, 08:25 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks!
Old 06-28-2010, 10:56 AM

Also, the doctors & midwives at our practice (we call them midwives in doctor's clothing!) have reiterated that most head-down babies don't choose their position until labor begins - that they still spin & turn from side to side, front to back, until labor starts.

User Tag List