Mothering Forum banner

Feeling Emotional

619 views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  welsh 
#1 ·
Blargh.

I dont know what set me off but I am on the verge of tears. I have had bloody show since yesterday so I am hoping that labor is like...minutes or hours away. My husband wants to go to my parents pool (they're out of town) and I think I am going to send him off with my DD by himself. Maybe so I can cry and nest by myself. Boohoo.

Anyone else?

#2 ·
Yes, it's out of control. Only for the past couple days, but ugh. Two days ago I was crying and crying on my husband who told me, "You are having a freak out." I said, "Yes, I am having a freak out," laughed, and continued bawling.
I'm only 36 weeks but have had some mucous plug, pressure, and one short bout of contractions. Both my boys were 39-weekers and I hope I don't feel this on edge for 3 more weeks! I'm losing it!

#3 ·
i was hit by some sort of emotional tidal wave 2 or 3 days ago.
crazy, weepy stuff.

i think for me it has mostly centered on the changes coming for ds, and to our relationship.
scary. heavy. wonderful.

feeling this way is quite unfamiliar to me... much different than the emotions i had just before ds was born.

#4 ·
Good news is that DH and DD are off and I feel better already. I think I just need ALONE time. Maybe it will kick start actual labor instead of this toying around braxton hicks crap.

I always told myself I would enjoy the last couple weeks of pregnancy. But its been so hard. Its not that im uncomfortable. Im just emotionally out of it.

#5 ·
I hear ya! A week or so ago I posted 'I hate the world'. I'm not so much on the crying end of the spectrum as just overly fed up with everything, frustrated, and angry. I haven't had any signs of labor yet (and don't want to be early, despite wanting to be done). I think alone time really helps. I "locked" myself in our bedroom (despite having a curtain instead of a door) several evenings running and let myself just be alone and read. It helped a lot.

#6 ·
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And people keep calling to ask if I am still pregnant! I am not due until next week people! I feel more overdone in the emotions dept than the body/physical area. I just want to go back to bed and wait but I am cleaning my house and now sitting on the dang birth ball for the 1 millionth hour paying bills(and screwing around on here)

#9 ·
I'm sorry everyone is feeling this way but I'm so happy to hear I'm not alone! My emotions are running the gamut and they have no rhyme or reason! I go from terrified to sad to excited to angry in a matter of minutes some days! It's been going on for days. I'm not due til the 19th and with the exception of my oldest who was 6 weeks early (induced bc of pre-e) all my babes have been born right around their due date. Everyone I talk to looks at me like I'm about to pop any second and says not much longer now, huh?! It's getting on my nerves. It could be another 3 weeks for all we know! I'm 4cm and 50% but I was 5 cm for like 5 weeks before my youngest two made their appearance. Just wish everyone would chill out so I could!

#11 ·
That's me too. It was worse a week ago, when I spent the day incredibly anxious and depressed, worried that I was already set up for PPD and the baby isn't even here yet. Emotionally becoming a mother was very hard for me last time. I tend toward anxiety and depression and combined with the lack of sleep and the huge hormone shift and just the immensity of the changes I felt really overwhelmed for a long time. I'm trying to focus on taking one moment at a time and enjoy all these moments. For the most part it's working, we'll see... I really want to enjoy this time instead of spending it in a weepy fog.

#12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by flitters View Post
i think for me it has mostly centered on the changes coming for ds, and to our relationship.
scary. heavy. wonderful.
Me too.
I bought gifts for DS from the baby today and also a card for him to give the baby. (He and DH will shop together for a small gift for baby when she's born)
All it said on the front of the card was, 'To my Baby Sister' and inside 'Welcome to our family'
Well, I was sniffling back the tears in the store, I must have looked crazy!

#13 ·
I'm feeling sad today about losing our little threesome. I've been nothing but excited until now. It's probably because we let DD stay with my ILs tonight so my out of town SIL could spend more time with her, and my mother has been here visiting a lot and so we haven't had much normal family time lately, and time is running out! I know our new foursome is going to be great, but I can't help feeling a little sad about the changes. I've never handled change terribly well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.