Mothering Forum banner

Which EDD do you use?

1K views 22 replies 19 participants last post by  BreakfastyMichele 
#1 ·
I was just wondering what you all are using for your due date. I know exactly when conception took place so I had the 5th as a dd, (which means I am overdue!) but then on the U/S they gave me the 10th, which is what my OB goes by. I've basically been using that one or just telling people sometime between the 5th and 10th. Since my dd was 15 days after my EDD who knows? I can be due the entire month of July!

So which do you use? (if you have more than one)

See less See more
#2 ·
I also know when I conceived and my EDD was July 2nd but if sperm can live for 5 days then I'm covered till the 7th.
A 7wk u/s gave me the 6th which is what I'm using as it gives me a few extra days before fighting induction.

#4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ArtsyHeartsy View Post
I was just wondering what you all are using for your due date. I know exactly when conception took place so I had the 5th as a dd, (which means I am overdue!) but then on the U/S they gave me the 10th, which is what my OB goes by. I've basically been using that one or just telling people sometime between the 5th and 10th. Since my dd was 15 days after my EDD who knows? I can be due the entire month of July!

So which do you use? (if you have more than one)
Funny, my LMP due date is the 10th, but my ultrsound due date from 10 weeks is the 5th. I've been using the 10th just so I don't get so many "have you had that baby yet" questions. I figure it will give me a few more days peace anyway.

#5 ·
The last time I stubbornly insisted on going by conception although the early ultrasound date was a few days later. That was a ticket for heartbreak. This time I'm going by the later date (by two days), which happens to be by my conception date.

#7 ·
This is my first pregnancy where my records for LMP/ovulation/conception were exactly reflected in the ultrasound at 6w2d. All indicators said July 27 (ds3s b'day!) But I have been telling people any day for a while now...
As of today--- fundal measurment is 45cm an ultrasound estimates 10lbs even, and maternity clothes which fit me through 3 other pregnancies don't come close to fitting (even though I weigh LESS)

#8 ·
I ovulated 21 days into my cycle and there was only one time we DTD because hubs went out of town so I know exactly when I conceived. That date is a week later than the LMP date but doc uses the conception date so we agreed that the 15th was the EDD. He did do a 6 week u/s to confirm it was a viable pregnancy since I was looking to go back to the States to VBAC and it was spot on with the conception date too. I am so glad, I needed that full week. He has a 43 week comfort level but still, providers seem to get squirrely about VBACs and EDDs, I just wanted the extra assurance.

#9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by welsh View Post
I also know when I conceived and my EDD was July 2nd but if sperm can live for 5 days then I'm covered till the 7th.
A 7wk u/s gave me the 6th which is what I'm using as it gives me a few extra days before fighting induction.
Apparently we have super sperm. We DTD just before my husband left for the field for a month. I got a positive on an ovulation test FIVE DAYS LATER. That means that I was going to ovulate in 12-24 hours of that positive result so those spermies hung around for 5.5-6 days. I was in no way thinking that I could possibly have gotten pregnant but for some reason a couple of weeks later I bought a test and took it on a whim and it was +. I called hubs and told him and he was like "HOW???" Heheh, this is why I think this baby is a girl, girl sperm live longer!

#10 ·
My EDD, based on conception/ovulation and all that (the one fertiltiy friend agrees with me on lol) is June 29th. The EDD from my 18wk ultrasound is June 30th, i had a 2nd u/s at 33 weeks that gave me June 28th. The EDD thta my midwives are going by is July 3rd.... since i often had long cycles...
I'm fine agreeing with the later date so i dont' have as much stress about being post dates, although my MW's are lovely and i don't foreseee an issue... it would still make me not technically eligible for a home birth if i hit 42 weeks

#11 ·
I'm using the due date from a couple early ultrasounds.

I thought I ovulated late for me (judging from EWCM only) - about 19 days into my cycle instead of the usual 15 or so. I told our original OB this story and how we didn't even have sex at all after the day I thought I ovulated. She did 2 ultrasounds 10 days apart. Based on those early ultrasounds, she moved the due date back an additional 5 days.

I'm not sure exactly what happened in my body that month that we conceived, but we've been going with the EDD based on the 2 early ultrasounds.

#13 ·
I'm using LMP. It's all I've got--and it's not very good from there, as it was the "period" resulting from stopping the Pill. I never re-established my cycle and was not tracking anything. LMP October 12, (got married October 24, and I'd like to think we conceived on our wedding night), BFP November 19 after maybe 7-10 days of symptoms I mistook for PMS/hormones figuring themselves out/denial/whatever.

I didn't go for an early ultrasound. My 19-week anatomy scan showed the fetus properly sized for expected gestational age (though by 19 weeks, sizing's not all that accurate).

#14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ProtoLawyer View Post
I'm using LMP. It's all I've got--and it's not very good from there, as it was the "period" resulting from stopping the Pill. I never re-established my cycle and was not tracking anything.
LOL same here. Also, we DTD only once due to months of sickness being passed back and forth between all family members. Needless to say we were surprised that at 36 and 15 years of being on the pill it happened so fast! So, we've gone with July 20 the whole time and all measurements agree.

#16 ·
I have no idea which to go buy maybe you mamas can help shed some light. I am unsure of the first day of my last period but I KNOW it was sometime in the last week/week and a half of Sept because I ordered a whole stash of custom mama cloth the first week of Oct from a co op hoping they would be here before my next period, instead I got a positive pregnancy test lol. So I "guessed" Sept 25th which would have made my EDD July 2nd I believe. Well I had one U/S but waited until the 3rd trimester about 33 weeks along to have it and the U/S tech gave me July 13th as an EDD based on "size" but I think that this baby is just going to be small like DD1 was.

I have been having prodromal labor like no other the past 2 1/2 weeks but nothing consistent...... what would ya'll use as an EDD lol the midwives at the practice I am seeing tell me sometime between the 2nd and the 11th?.......I had to cancel my appt for tomorrow and they are booked till the 14th but if I am still preggo by the 11th ya think I should call and go in as a walk in wait all day?.....

sorry to hijack but this thread got me thinking.........

#17 ·
My first OB/Gyn wanted to use my LMP and didn't even bother asking me about my length cycle so, of course, his EDD was off. We had a tiff and ended up swithcing OB/Gyns. The new one asked at the second U/S if I had my dates right. The baby was measuring too large. I told that I did, but the last OB/Gyn didn't I calculated 7.7. as my date. The new OB/Gyn came up with July 8 based on my dates and the U/S. So my EDD is basically my ovulation date now.

#20 ·
My due dates were as follows:

LMP - July 8th
FF - July 16th
Dating US - July 10th

Midwives used the 16th, I tended to tell people the 2nd week of July.

She came on her own on the 5th. Covered in luango, but chubby (nearly 3lbs heavier then my first) with long nails.

#21 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamakaikai View Post
Cool! Now I am curious to know if your babe is a girl!!

ME TOO!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by welsh View Post
Interesting! We're having a girl this time!

I know, I was thinking that you must have had some super girl spermies too since you said if they lived 5 days you were covered

#22 ·
Wow! Am I the only one whose early ultrasound showed a date EARLIER than FF? According to opks, my due date should be no earlier than 7/21, but my early ultrasound (and subsequent ultrasounds) have all pointed towards a 7/17 due date. My midwives said that I can think whatever I want, but that the hospital would forevermore go by the 7/17 due date. So that's what I've been using... even though I'm skeptical.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.