Mothering Forum banner

Tick... Tock... Tick... Tock.....

843 views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  jeannineb 
#1 ·
Wow, I didn't think I would be this impatient. I am barely 40 weeks, and still feeling great, yet I am still starting to get antsy! I'm ready to meet my baby! I swear there is something psychological about getting to your due date. Nothing else is different, I feel alright, not miserable by any means, and no other reason to have this baby come now. Why was I happy being pregnant a few days ago, and now I'm not? I just want my baby!

Anyone else there too?

#3 ·
Ugh, you have no idea. 41+1 here. Seriously... give yourself another week or two, and THEN see how impatient you are.

#5 ·
Im feeling quite ready aswell. 39 weeks today, and I want to post an eviction notice for this little (although it doesn't feel so little). sucks too when your midwife checks you and says at 37 weeks that you are 2-4 cm and 70% effaced and 0 station....I feel like I am sitting on this kid's head! this heat is killing me too. Sorry for the rant and rave, but this is my 4th night of insomnia..can't sleep at all, and just want to start labor.

#6 ·
40w6d here. Not at all impatient about needing to be un-pregnant, but VERY eager to go into labor before my scheduled repeat c-section. Even going into labor the day before is fine by me. Baby can bake as long as it wishes, as long as my body gets it together before the eviction.

I know where you're coming from, though! This just happens to be an easy pregnancy for me--few complaints, and I'm enjoying this private time with the babe on the inside.

#7 ·
With my first, I wasn't impatient, and she was born at 39+5. With this one, I've been READY for the last week! Of course, in the end I'm just as glad it hasn't come yet b/c we are in the longest stretch of heat wave we've had in 10 years...and we don't have A/C because we just don't get weather like this often! So I'm glad not to be trying to keep a newborn cool in 90+degree temps.

But I'm still impatient underneath it all!

#8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by BreakfastyMichele View Post
I'm enjoying this private time with the babe on the inside.
this is me too! I'm ready to meet this little person but not ready to share him/her yet!

#9 ·

Me too! 40w1d here, lots of little cramps and BH and nothing else, not even a mucus plug. My midwife came over yesterday and baby has still not engaged at all. S/he is also in a pretty weird position. I'm so very impatient-- but at the same time i'm worried that the position is bad and it will make labor harder. (Maybe anxiety prevents labor from setting in?)

Anyone else get very strong BH that result in a crazy lopsided uterus? Mine gets these knobs on it-- sometimes i know it's a butt or some feet sticking out and sometimes i suspect it's my anterior placenta. Or maybe it's baby sitting crosslegged and they are two knees sticking out?

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Natanya View Post
Im feeling quite ready aswell. 39 weeks today, and I want to post an eviction notice for this little (although it doesn't feel so little). sucks too when your midwife checks you and says at 37 weeks that you are 2-4 cm and 70% effaced and 0 station....I feel like I am sitting on this kid's head! this heat is killing me too. Sorry for the rant and rave, but this is my 4th night of insomnia..can't sleep at all, and just want to start labor.
Is this your first baby Natanya?

#11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
Is this your first baby Natanya?
No this is my second. I have a son...will turn 4 in August. Feeling a little better about things today. Feel lots more pressure and lots of mini contractions. Funny that I am a midwife myself but don't know how to take my own advice lately. See my belly pic I posted last night.

#12 ·
I have tried twice to see your belly pic and FB doesn't allow it for some reason. Will try again.

Is your son going to be home for your birth?

About being a MW and not taking your own advice.... I remember my MW telling me she "had all the resources" but was unable to nurse without serious pain for the first 2 mos. Sometimes even if you take all your own advice or the proper advice, it doesn't always work magic.

Yes, be gentle with yourself....

#14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
I have tried twice to see your belly pic and FB doesn't allow it for some reason. Will try again.

Is your son going to be home for your birth?

About being a MW and not taking your own advice.... I remember my MW telling me she "had all the resources" but was unable to nurse without serious pain for the first 2 mos. Sometimes even if you take all your own advice or the proper advice, it doesn't always work magic.

Yes, be gentle with yourself....
thanks "surfacing"...This due date club has been a godsend at this stage in my pregnancy. I would love my son to be at my homebirth. He's been to about 4 births already...granted he was much younger and it wasn't me in labor. He is also sooo clingy lately.
Are you going to have your other two at your birth?

#15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by expat-mama View Post
Ugh, you have no idea. 41+1 here. Seriously... give yourself another week or two, and THEN see how impatient you are.

Yes, this. We have the same EDD Expat-mama, and I am dying over here! Feeling crabby, impatient, HUGE and top it off with a big dose if pressure to induce. I don't know how much more of this I can take. I am at the end of my (short) rope.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.