Impatient & Restless... Irritable? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-09-2010, 04:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had my mebranes swept Tues. afternoon; it was a little uncomfortable. My midwife said my cervix was VERY soft, but still far back. I am 40w+4d. I started drinking RRL tea, & taking EPO (orally & vag).

Since then, I've been experiencing some fairly strong cramping, some moderately strong contractions, but nothing regular or close together. I'm still not in labor... and I'm getting VERY restless & impatient... maybe even irritable?

I've got another appt in the am, for an AFI & weight estimation, followed by an NST. I'm guessing she'll do another VE to see if there's been any progress? I'm just soooo ready... I don't know what else to do!

Happily-married, bfinfant.gifing, cd.gifing mother-of-FIVE (G18, G16, B9, B2, Bnb) Supermom!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2010, 06:29 AM

I'm very irritable even when I'm not restless and impatient!!! I'd say catch a few zzzz's and some sun while you can and try out that Oreo Milkshake recipe that Theoretica posted. Your baby WILL come, I promise!

hide.gif Me 41, single mom to modifiedartist.gifdd 4/2001 and demon.gif ds 7/17/2010

Old 07-09-2010, 12:50 PM

Ugh. I'm irritable 24/7 right now. This is probably the only summer I'll ever get to have off from work, and it's so hot and humid that we can't really enjoy being outside at all - even in the evening. We've only been to the beach once so far, which is a record for us by far, and dw is using our main car, because hers is having issues, so we are stuck home... Now my Dr. has set induction date for next Wednesday, because ds#1 was so big at 42.5 weeks, and this baby is showing to be on the large side too...
Sorry for the vent - misery loves company I guess!!!
I just want this baby out and I want to enjoy my summer!!!

Erika, mama to Sawyer 6/04 joy.gifand Gracie 7/10energy.gif  :, dw Amy:

treehugger.gifsaynovax.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed2.gifRainbow.gif

Old 07-09-2010, 04:31 PM

I hear you, ladies! 40 w 5 d today and while I have felt pretty patient and zen up until now, I can only describe myself as irritable and impatient at best today. Don't want to go anywhere because it is too hot and people gasp when they see they I am still walking around with a baby inside of me and not in my arms...so tired of the comments, over and over again!

I actually went in to see my doula today and got a massage...she played with the pressure points, so we will see...hang in there, everyone!! Praying for baby vibes...and SOON!!!!
Old 07-09-2010, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelovelaugh View Post
I hear you, ladies! 40 w 5 d today and while I have felt pretty patient and zen up until now, I can only describe myself as irritable and impatient at best today. Don't want to go anywhere because it is too hot and people gasp when they see they I am still walking around with a baby inside of me and not in my arms...so tired of the comments, over and over again!

I actually went in to see my doula today and got a massage...she played with the pressure points, so we will see...hang in there, everyone!! Praying for baby vibes...and SOON!!!!
Me too... i've been dealing just fine, but the heat and then all the "how long will they *let* you be pregnant" comments when i was out and about yesterday put me over the edge.
Feeling a bit better after meditating and praying last night.

Baby will come when it's ready.
It's our society that says we are 'overdue'.
Nature knows best.
I trust my body.
I put it in God's hands.

But still, i'm done with this LOL!

Mom to Lizzy born May 2007 & expecting Baby#2 June/July 2010
Old 07-10-2010, 12:38 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Happeesupermom it's hard to wait, isn't it?

I've been having signs too that just tease me but baby is not here yet.

Definitely impatient, restless and irritable too.

Dh has a bite taken out of his backside and I have fibres from his shorts in my teeth

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
Old 07-10-2010, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter

I know!!!! I'm 40+6 today! Had my cervix swept again yesterday. Still nothing consistent going on!

My midwife is saying Baby is getting bigger & doesn't feel comfortable letting me go past Mon. or Tues. without transfering me out of care to a hospital with another midwife... That just makes me nervous! I don't want a hospital birth! I want to have this baby NOW!!! And now I'm also getting nervous about Baby being TOO big for me to birth naturally!

And the COMMENTS! EVERYWHERE I go! Ugh!!! Why can't people just keep their rude thoughts & comments to themselves!?!

"Are you sure it's JUST one?"
"You're SOOOO BIG!"
"You're FAT!"
"You look like you're going to POP!"

As if I need their stupid comments to make me feel worse about myself right now! UGH!!!

Happily-married, bfinfant.gifing, cd.gifing mother-of-FIVE (G18, G16, B9, B2, Bnb) Supermom!
Old 07-10-2010, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happeesupermom View Post
I know!!!! I'm 40+6 today! Had my cervix swept again yesterday. Still nothing consistent going on!

My midwife is saying Baby is getting bigger & doesn't feel comfortable letting me go past Mon. or Tues. without transfering me out of care to a hospital with another midwife... That just makes me nervous! I don't want a hospital birth! I want to have this baby NOW!!! And now I'm also getting nervous about Baby being TOO big for me to birth naturally!

And the COMMENTS! EVERYWHERE I go! Ugh!!! Why can't people just keep their rude thoughts & comments to themselves!?!

"Are you sure it's JUST one?"
"You're SOOOO BIG!"
"You're FAT!"
"You look like you're going to POP!"

As if I need their stupid comments to make me feel worse about myself right now! UGH!!!
Really? Your Midwife is worried about your birthing a big baby when you're a Mom of 4 already? Nice vote of confidence
Trust yourself and your body Mama

Emma - Welsh Wife to DH and Mummy to DS, Lloyd 13/08/07 and Cerys 15/07/10
Living in Russia
Old 07-11-2010, 10:36 PM

You can sweep your own membranes, if you can reach them. My MW said that you can do it up to 4 times a day, and it actually helps your body produce prostaglandins.

good luck!

User Tag List