Mothering Forum banner

WAYYY wayyy TMI so dont read if get easily grossed out

759 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  flitters 
#1 ·
I had my baby 10 days ago. I did have her oh natural but needed 2 stitches
My PP bleeding as been almost non existant since the 5th day or so.. just occassional old stuff...
well today I stood up and ALOT of orangey discharge came pouring out. what is this?? do I have an infection? anyone experience this before ? I dont feel like its yeast or anything but Im alittle worried......of course my Drs office is closed for the day

See less See more
#2 ·
I seem to remember that my pp bleeding went from red to orangish to yellowish, and it was normal. That was nearly three years ago, so my memory isn't solid, but I did a web search and found that others do experience that, too.

#3 ·
As long as you don't have any INTENSE itching or an infected smell (you'll know it when you smell it) it's probably normal.

My PP bleeding went from red to brown to orange to yellow to yellow-green and THEN it stopped. It was totally gross.

#7 ·
I remember with my first I only actually bled after birth for a couple days. Then I had at least a week of orangey watery fluid slowly but consistently draining out of me. Nothing as sudden as what you described, but similar sounding otherwise. Definitely didn't smell or feel wrong... just like - I don't know - birth I guess.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.