*~* July 11 - 17 Weekly Chat Thread *~* - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 73 Old 07-16-2010, 01:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, just got back from the mw. At one point in the NST baby's heart plummeted right after a contraction. We're off to the hospital now for other tests and will probably end up birthing there. Good luck to everyone still waiting and see you all later.

hide.gif Me 41, single mom to modifiedartist.gifdd 4/2001 and demon.gif ds 7/17/2010

#62 of 73 Old 07-16-2010, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Terrilein - Did they think it was cord compression making his heartrate drop? How exciting that you'll be holding your little one in just a little while! Healthy vibes to you and your baby.

Theoretica - I AGREE! Thanks.

Hapi2help - My goodness, you went through some serious physical trauma. I hope you have good support to help you heal and deal with this challenging early postpartum. It's not surprising that you're still processing, it will take time. Congratulations on your little girl and come talk with us when you feel like you need an ear.

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#63 of 73 Old 07-16-2010, 11:58 PM

Surfacing........happy due date! Glad your dh is being sweet to you.....makes things a lot easier.

Theoretica.......sorry you are having a hard time........had a day like that myself yesterday.

Terilein......best wishes to you.

hapi2help.......congratuations on your little girl and all the best with your recovery, take care.

I am enjoying a nice break tonight. I had a rough night last night and my mom volunteered to take DD to give me a rest. DD and I had a busy day yesterday....playdate at the spray park, trip to the farmer's market....which left us both tired and grumpy. She refused to sleep last night, dh was working and I was so tired and upset........I yelled at her to just be quiet and go to sleep....... then bawled because I felt awful for losing my patience with her. She's usually such a good sleeper but it's been a real struggle lately.......she's clearly tired but stays up so late at night.....which obviously makes her pretty grouchy (and me too). Anyway, my mom was headed to the farm for the weekend and offered to take DD with her. There are new baby sheep, horses and pigs so I think she's going to have a blast. Of course I'm dealing with mommy guilt because if I go into labour I'll have given up my last weekend with her. At the same time I am planning a day of reading and sleeping tomorrow.......and baking chocolate chip cookies.

Lana: Mama to Mya Oct/2007 and Ainsley July/2010
#64 of 73 Old 07-17-2010, 01:29 AM

I'm feeling better today, DH and I patched things up a bit and I'm much less hormonal, which is awesome for eVERYONE Thanks so much for all the support ladies, it's so much appreciated!

I think there's so many of us ready to pop any moment now...it's getting so exciting! Is everyone ready who hasn't had their baby yet? Any other homebirthing mamas still waiting?

GOOD moms let their kids lick the beaters. GREAT moms turn off the mixer first!
Humanist Woman Wife , & Friend Plus Mama to 6 (3 mos, 2, 9, 13, 17, 20)
#65 of 73 Old 07-17-2010, 01:39 AM

Me! I'm homebirthing and waiting...and although I'm not feeling any contractions or much crampiness, my cervix is changing. I was excited to report that my cervix is almost entire effaced at the dinner table tonight. Dh was like "is this appropriate table talk Jenny?" Um, YES! It's exciting! So my body is doing good work without it even bothering me, which is great. Who knows how long it'll take to dilate and when labor will be activated?! I am super duper duper ready- the TO DO stuff is all done. So now we're just doing fun stuff! Hung at the pool with my daughter today. We are making a belly cast tomorrow and taking romantic pregnancy pics in the yard in white nightgown and pics with kids and belly.

Hooray for being due and ready and not stressed!!

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

#66 of 73 Old 07-17-2010, 02:13 AM

That's great Jenny! DH took the kids to the pool tonight too, I hung out for an hour or so. We're up late finishing the 'get ready' basket just because things seem to be gently moving in that direction. Tomorrow's insanely busy for us, so of course that'll be when we kick into labor LOLOL

GOOD moms let their kids lick the beaters. GREAT moms turn off the mixer first!
Humanist Woman Wife , & Friend Plus Mama to 6 (3 mos, 2, 9, 13, 17, 20)
#67 of 73 Old 07-17-2010, 03:06 AM - Thread Starter

Sounds lovely Jenny!! And glad to hear the tide is turning, Theoretica.

I'm another homebirthing Mama. My due date was yesterday. I'm pretty grumpy right now with all this pressure to HAVE THE BABY ALREADY. You know, my body does excellent work, everybody just bugger off, and leave me and baby to ripen this final bit. It's very distracting from the kind of mindset I want to have.

Grumble.

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#68 of 73 Old 07-17-2010, 09:42 AM

Terrilein - I'll be thinking of you and your baby boy and hoping everything goes well!

I feel really guilty about dropping out of these discussions lately after participating so heavily and relying on you ladies for so much support! I miss hearing about what's going on too! But wow... I knew newborns were a handful but WOW! It's amazing and wonderful and tiring and neverending, isn't it?
Anyway, I just wanted to say that I've been dropping in to read what's going on in our DDC every now and then, and I'm constantly wondering about all you ladies and your babes, but I usually don't have my hands free to respond. I'm wishing everyone well and once I get more into the swing of things (or learn to type with one hand or something) I hope to chat more!

Me dreads.gif 32, loving him fuzmalesling.gif33, more each day. Rad boy, jog.gif 7/12/10 & Cool gal baby.gif  4/28/13

I'm a biracial, atheist, humanist, pacifist, anarchist, bibliophile, and educator. Rainbow.gifgd.gifwinner.jpgnocirc.gif

#69 of 73 Old 07-17-2010, 10:37 AM - Thread Starter

Expat-Mama what you are experiencing is TOTALLY NORMAL! No, you DON'T have time like you used to. It's NOT a surprise that you're not on here like you were before. I think I can speak for anyone whose had a baby before and say we KNOW you're not trying to snub, and yes newborns are a ton of work. You hardly have time to pee and eat and shower in the early days. It will get better as time goes on, but may take a lot longer than you think. It's time-consuming to feed, diaper, change, rock a baby, get them to sleep.

So not to worry! Just come talk when you can, otherwise lurk as you can.

#70 of 73 Old 07-17-2010, 05:16 PM

hapi2help, so sorry to hear about your traumatic experience, I hope you are getting the support you need to heal up and recover. I'm glad to hear your baby girl is doing well.

Terrilein, I hope things went well, have my fingers crossed for you.

lrgs, glad to hear you got a bit of a break for yourself.

Theoretica, that's great that you and your DH were able to make up and you're doing better.

Jenny, that must be nice to feel ready and relaxed.

expat-mama, no need to feel guilty, we don't expect you to have the free time like you did before. Just concentrate on taking care of yourself and your babe and bonding.

AFM, still fighting off this cold but I think I am on the mend, lymph nodes are less tender now. Getting more sleep and spending quality time with my neti pot have been helping. I ended up using an extra pillow (yes, I apparently didn't have enough pillows already) to prop up my head so I could breathe at night, it worked great for the breathing, but put the rest of me out of alignment so everything is much more sore now. Resting today after a bit of running around yesterday.

Had my ultrasound yesterday. Good news is that heartbeat, blood flow, and fluid all still look great. Bad news is that he is measuring even more behind now, boo. I feel like he is healthy, just on the small side and really squished in there, but I'm worried they might use this as an excuse to push induction or something. We'll see what they say next week. He was doing great on growth until he he started filling up my belly, maybe I am just difficult to stretch out. I did also notice (reading the screen backwards with a mirror) that between the tech and the radiologist, they got wildly different results on 4 separate measurements of femur length, anywhere from 15% to 71% (!) Seems like it would be hard to get it accurate if you don't know the angle it is at.

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#71 of 73 Old 07-17-2010, 11:48 PM - Thread Starter

Somegirl99 Glad to hear the neti pot is helping, I hope you are physically more comfortable soon. Keep us posted with the recommendations around your baby after the ultrasound.

As a side note, for a laugh: have you girls seen these?

"She Gotta Bump"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiPxXU02xOQ

A spoof on Beyonce's "All The Single Ladies" -- called "All the Pregnant Ladies"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4xUSjftm04

#72 of 73 Old 07-18-2010, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expat-mama View Post
Terrilein - I'll be thinking of you and your baby boy and hoping everything goes well!

I feel really guilty about dropping out of these discussions lately after participating so heavily and relying on you ladies for so much support! I miss hearing about what's going on too! But wow... I knew newborns were a handful but WOW! It's amazing and wonderful and tiring and neverending, isn't it?
Anyway, I just wanted to say that I've been dropping in to read what's going on in our DDC every now and then, and I'm constantly wondering about all you ladies and your babes, but I usually don't have my hands free to respond. I'm wishing everyone well and once I get more into the swing of things (or learn to type with one hand or something) I hope to chat more!
Same over here!!! nak

Emma - Welsh Wife to DH and Mummy to DS, Lloyd 13/08/07 and Cerys 15/07/10
Living in Russia
#73 of 73 Old 07-18-2010, 01:40 AM - Thread Starter

New week's chat thread for July 18 - 24:
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...2#post15635472

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page