*~* July 11 - 17 Weekly Chat Thread *~* - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 73 Old 07-11-2010, 05:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good morning Mamas,

Here we are at the start of a new week. Who else is due this week?

ETA - previous chat thread:
http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1240243

Amynf1 - garlic and hemorrhoids -- I read also that a slice of raw potato can do a similar job. Never tried it though.

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#2 of 73 Old 07-11-2010, 05:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I'm overdue, but I'm not in a hurry to have the baby in this heat. We visited friends yesterday - took the one swimming with us - and they have a mobile AC unit that we took a look at. After dropping my friend off after our swim we went to go get one, but they were sold out. We checked out another shop and they were sold out, too. So today I'm suffering again - bad headache, upset stomache and just SWEATING profusely. That means I'm running around only in my underwear and I'm getting leered out by DP. No, I'm NOT interested in sex.

And to make things worse, I can't access or post on MDC in my usual browser, Firefox. Something is totally wonky here and now I have to put up with IE. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

And expat-mama - I sure hope you had your baby!

hide.gif Me 41, single mom to modifiedartist.gifdd 4/2001 and demon.gif ds 7/17/2010

#3 of 73 Old 07-11-2010, 07:09 AM

the whole potato and garlic thing is just skeezing me out a bit! I don't know why, especially if it actually works but I guess it's the idea of putting anything up there in this condition. blaghgh

ANYWAY!

Yes, expat-mama, hope you are/have had your baby!!!!

Terrilein: I hope you get some relief from the heat. The heat makes me extremely irritable. We had our landlord install a unit in our room. Korean's are big on a/c either but there is no way I can handle 85 degrees and 90% humidity.

Amy, Army wife living in S. Korea, mama to my inverted t c/s baby 04.05.08 and my VBAC with inverted t baby 07.24.10
#4 of 73 Old 07-11-2010, 07:22 AM

Quote:
there is no way I can handle 85 degrees and 90% humidity.
I would be wanting AC too! Wow. I have always lived in dry climates, I can't even imagine. Hope you all get some relief-from the heat AND the hemis.

I've been up most of the night. I am going on day 4 (I think) of pre-labor contractions around the clock. I think it's turning into the real deal now. I tried to take a warm bath and some wine before bed in hopes of resting up tonight but that didn't work. I think that baby is posterior and doesn't seem to want to turn despite my best efforts.

Becky- Wife to DH, Mama to "Nani" (July '08) "Coco" (July '10) and expecting one very wiggly baby boy in May 2013!

#5 of 73 Old 07-11-2010, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Amyfn1 I have to admit I have no desire to send a foody missile up my tailpipe either! That heat sounds really really uncomfortable. We too have AC with 85 degree weather. I can't function without it actually, the heat makes me sick. Could be b/c of the meds I'm on too which affects the way people's bodies regulate heat. Anyway, it's good to know you got AC if you needed it.

CoBabyMaker that sounds really really frustrating. I've had lots of prodromal stuff too. Drives you nuts!! I really hope this is swinging into the real deal for you.

Expat-Mama where are youuuuuu????

Terrilein I hope you feel more comfortable soon.

AFM - yesterday we went to my BIL and SIL's. They have a 2 mo. old who is sooo cute. The kids played with the 2.5 y.o. I had some pretty serious squeezes while we were there and insisted we leave right away. Had more discomfort at night and took a warm bath which helped. Squeezes now. Sigh... dum de dum...

How's everyone else doing?

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#6 of 73 Old 07-11-2010, 12:05 PM

Good morning ladies!

Terilein......sorry you are suffering in this heat, can't imagine that's any fun. Too bad those A/C units were sold out. My A/C is what is keeping my sane right now.

Amynf1....hope you feel better soon.

CoBabyMaker.......good luck, hope it turns into the real thing for you soon.

I'm having a pretty good morning over here. DD slept in until 9:00 this morning and I was actually up before her and DH........I was actually a little uncomfortable (hips and back) and couldn't get back to sleep. So, I had about 20 minutes of quiet coffee time, it was pretty peaceful. I also didn't have to deal with a bunch of false labour stuff last night so I'm decently rested up this morning. DH and I are taking DD to the indoor amusement park today to go on some rides........she loves it and is going to be so excited. Then we are going to make a couple big lasagnas, one to freeze and one to eat. We have family coming over tonight for a visit and supper. Think we are going to head out for brunch as well. Hope everyone has a great day.

Lana: Mama to Mya Oct/2007 and Ainsley July/2010
#7 of 73 Old 07-11-2010, 12:05 PM

Well....

AFM- I had the pleasure of laying in front of the tv all day yesterday with no baby movement for once. Since my baby girl is a kick boxer in the making it was a very welcome relief. Usually she settles down for the evening, but not last night! The one night I have plans to have dinner with girlfriends, she starts to get all energetic and kicking like crazy as soon as I get in the shower and continues throughout the whole dinner! Major bummer. It was pretty hard to enjoy myself as I was being kicked incessantly.

But today is a new day and feeling pretty good. I'm due in 7 days and really feel pretty great! I just get tired easily. I think I'll spend the day floating in the pool, bc at this point, there is NOTHING that feels better to this belly!

Dana- wife to wonderful DH, and a non vaxed happy heathly 2 yr old!

#8 of 73 Old 07-11-2010, 12:50 PM

I know I'm getting close--I was 2 cm, 70% effaced on Thursday, and lost a good portions of my mucus plug yesterday and today, have been crampy on and off for a week or so. I'm still 10 days pre-EDD but nobody expects me to actually make it (based on heredity and physical signs).

I'm going slightly crazy just waiting (I've always been like that), getting into stupid arguments with my husband, etc. I'm starting to understand why people schedule inductions and c-sections even though there's no medical indication--but there would be some reassurance to know, OK, at the very least, I will no longer be pregnant after Thursday.

I'm not going to DO it, but desperate times call for desperate measures...

My husband and I will be going to the pizza place where we (a) got married (and conceived our son maybe 12 hours later!) and (b) several weeks later got into a weird argument that led me to realize maybe I should take a pregnancy test.

Wish me luck.

ProtoLawyer (the now-actual lawyer, this isn't legal advice,  please don't take legal advice from some anonymous yahoo on the Internet)
Spouse (the political geek) * Stepdaughter (the artist) * and introducing...the Baby (um, he's a baby? He likes shiny things).
#9 of 73 Old 07-11-2010, 02:12 PM

I'm not due this week! I'll be 38 weeks on Tuesday. I'm enjoying my dh being nice to me and home/present. He shaved his head last night and we're taking a big dump run today- all good stuff to be doing on the new moon/solar eclipse. It's all about starting anew, setting intention.

It's been in the 100's here this weekend. We have a window a/c unit upstairs, and fans...the downstairs stays cool. We've been in the water a lot lately! Went cherry picking and to the lake yesterday- it was a really nice family day.

I'm doing great- not uncomfortable, other than the bump getting in the way, which I'm very happy about. Just trying to enjoy summer and try to not be impatient or wish the time away. Getting past thinking about the birth and now just daydreaming a lot about the baby...if the baby was here with me right now, I'd be holding it like this, saying this to it, etc... Can't wait to meet him!

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

#10 of 73 Old 07-11-2010, 03:28 PM

Nice to read how all of you are doing. I'm super curious about expat mama too.

seems that the witch hazel is doing the trick. I just leave it on a gauze pad sandwiched between my big ass cheeks overnight.. lol.. and the roids are getting smaller by the day. So, I have hope that I won't have them when the baby arrives!

Still feeling a little crampy and squeezy, but I don't think I will have the baby today now. I've never had prodromonal labour before, so I'm wondering if maybe that is what it is.
#11 of 73 Old 07-11-2010, 03:58 PM

Ok I need to get on the witch hazel asap! Last pg, the roids only appeared after pushing DS out. This time they've been around a while. Bah!

Emma - Welsh Wife to DH and Mummy to DS, Lloyd 13/08/07 and Cerys 15/07/10
Living in Russia
#12 of 73 Old 07-11-2010, 05:02 PM

Proto - your son was conceived at a pizza place? Sounds like a story...

AFM: Due tomorrow. No signs of anything. I had no warning with DD either, though, so I'm not necessarily expecting anything...BAM - you're in labor! - fine by me! But no more cramps, no mucous plug, nuthin'.

I've tried being more active every few days - running around, doing lots of chores - today I scrubbed off the mats from the car and our door mats, went for a mile+ walk (pathetic, eh?), and cleaned off our messy front porch. And cleaned the upstairs of our house including vacuuming. Lots of squatting with DD, sitting on a ball...Shouldn't this get things started?
#13 of 73 Old 07-11-2010, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slgt View Post
Proto - your son was conceived at a pizza place? Sounds like a story...
Whoops! *snicker* Missing a preposition or something.

Let's try: We got married at a pizza place in front of family and a few close friends, and then ate pizza, pasta, salad, tiramisu for lunch. THEN, maybe 12 hours after the lunch ended, back in our own house (where we had a bigger, casual reception), after everyone had left, we somehow managed to find the energy to DTD and, well, the rest is history.

I ordered an eggplant panino with fresh basil. I am now making those labor cookies. We'll see...

ProtoLawyer (the now-actual lawyer, this isn't legal advice,  please don't take legal advice from some anonymous yahoo on the Internet)
Spouse (the political geek) * Stepdaughter (the artist) * and introducing...the Baby (um, he's a baby? He likes shiny things).
#14 of 73 Old 07-11-2010, 08:53 PM

Proto I'll be over here rooting for you! Definitely sounds like you're getting close!
Posted via Mobile Device

Weirdo Mama to amazing Aurelia, age 9 & Ember Roslyn, age 3!
#15 of 73 Old 07-11-2010, 10:23 PM

Proto, hope your time is soon!

Wondering if today was my last burst of nesting energy, or just ire at DH for mentioning that I've been increasingly sedentary recently (hey, it's been in the 90s with 90% humidity and I'm 40 weeks preggers - gimme a break!!!).

But today I:
went for a walk with DD to see the horses and then out in the woods,
cleaned out the car (all but vacuuming), including scrubbing down the floor mats,
cleaned off our front porch,
washed & hung 2 loads of laundry,
cleaned the entire upstairs of our house including rearranging my office again,
made yummy pizzas for dinner.

Please? Please? Be nesting?
#16 of 73 Old 07-11-2010, 11:07 PM

90 degrees and 95% humidity here also....blech!

GOOD moms let their kids lick the beaters. GREAT moms turn off the mixer first!
Humanist Woman Wife , & Friend Plus Mama to 6 (3 mos, 2, 9, 13, 17, 20)
#17 of 73 Old 07-11-2010, 11:44 PM - Thread Starter

Reading along and commiserating with all.

Today my contractiony stuff has quieted down mostly. Hmmm. Well, I expect baby will be this week, probably close to my EDD since my others were just after it too. Tappity-tap...

#18 of 73 Old 07-12-2010, 01:20 AM

majazama, glad to hear the witch hazel is helping out.

Proto, sounds like your time is coming very soon, hope so!

Good luck everyone who has to deal with the heat, sounds miserable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrilein View Post
And to make things worse, I can't access or post on MDC in my usual browser, Firefox. Something is totally wonky here and now I have to put up with IE. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
I had this happen about a week ago, try deleting your MDC cookies in Firefox (Tools > Options, go to Privacy tab, click on Show Cookies, find the mothering.com ones and Remove Cookies).

AFM, busy but good weekend overall, had our last class yesterday on breastfeeding, got some errands done, and today went to the shower that our next-door neighbor put on for me. She's an older lady who drives a Mustang and is very cool, wanted us to meet the neighbors and especially the other parents, it was really nice and very sweet of her to do.

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#19 of 73 Old 07-12-2010, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
Amyfn1 I have to admit I have no desire to send a foody missile up my tailpipe either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoBabyMaker View Post
I would be wanting AC too! Wow. I have always lived in dry climates, I can't even imagine. Hope you all get some relief-from the heat AND the hemis.
We are in monsoon season right now. I'm originally from Alabama which is very hot and humid but Korea is the first place I've ever lived that can have 100% humidity with no rain. I'd like to try out some dry heat one of these days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by majazama View Post
seems that the witch hazel is doing the trick. I just leave it on a gauze pad sandwiched between my big ass cheeks overnight.. lol.. and the roids are getting smaller by the day. So, I have hope that I won't have them when the baby arrives!.
Glad you are getting some relief. I'm with you, I hope mine are gone by the time the baby comes! I'm more freaked out about that than I am labor!

I have become completely incapable of doing anything. Well, anything that requires more than 15 minutes of activity although I do enjoy about a mile long walk here and there. At home I'm about worthless. My ajuma comes on Mondays (today ) so I let a lot of the housework slide since I know she'll be here and my husband has been doing a lot too. Love him! I'm just so tired and big and it takes so much effort, especially with these cankles i have. My feet are HUGE. I am also feeling more pelvic pressure the last day or so. I have been keeping up with the garden as best I can. I at least get out and water and pick and then tell my husband what else needs to be done

My husband is going to start his leave on my due date, the 15th. I didn't want him to do that because I don't want to waste his leave time waiting on baby but it was getting to stressful figuring things out. I am going down to Seoul on the 15th to stay with my doula/friend (where I am birthing) and he was supposed to be leaving for the field (great timing!). The colonel told him he could go ahead and start leave if he wanted but I said no but then the dogs would have been here for potentially a week or more alone and outside and I wasn't ok with that even if we do have someone coming by twice a day to feed them. Plus, my garden needs looking after. And if he did go to the field it would make total transit time 2.5 hours or more to get to me once labor started and I'd really hate for him to miss it plus we need him to watch after my 2 y/o. Even though I hate losing the postpartum time, it really has been calming for both of us to decide to go ahead and start the leave the day I go down to Seoul. He can stay home and get things done and have time to himself and take care of the dogs and garden and wait for my call. He also offered to keep my 2 y/o home with him for a couple of nights to make it easier on me since G doesn't do well outside of his own bed. I figure if he does ok, then they can come down to Seoul on Sat or Sun (two nights later) to bring him to me and maybe we'll get lucky enough for it to happen over the weekend anyway. I don't know what will be easier for him, being home but mama is gone or being with mama in a strange place. He and my hubs do really well together so I am sure he will be fine. He has become more independent from me here lately so I guess we'll just have to see. It will be weird though, I have never been away from him other than a long doula job here and there. I have to admit, two kidless nights at 40+weeks does sound really nice but then I feel guilty for thinking that!

Anyway, I kind of envy those of you that get to home birth in your own home. I am grateful for my friend/doula but it would be so nice to just stay put and not have to go two hours away. I shouldn't feel that way though, I really am thankful to even have the birth team that I have and to VBAC considering my circumstances

Amy, Army wife living in S. Korea, mama to my inverted t c/s baby 04.05.08 and my VBAC with inverted t baby 07.24.10
#20 of 73 Old 07-12-2010, 02:18 AM - Thread Starter

sounds great Somegirl, that was really nice of your neighbour

#21 of 73 Old 07-12-2010, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somegirl99 View Post
I had this happen about a week ago, try deleting your MDC cookies in Firefox (Tools > Options, go to Privacy tab, click on Show Cookies, find the mothering.com ones and Remove Cookies).
That was exactly what I ended up doing yesterday! It worked, but later I still ran into some problemes with MDC. Who knows?
We are going to hunt down and AC today. I don't care what it costs, I need one. This heat is killing me and I'm NOT giving birth in this condition. And I had cramps that woke me up in the middle of the night. A real bummer because it's so hard to get to sleep in this weather in the first place.
But Spain won the World Cup so I guess everything'll be ok.

hide.gif Me 41, single mom to modifiedartist.gifdd 4/2001 and demon.gif ds 7/17/2010

#22 of 73 Old 07-12-2010, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrgs View Post
I'm having a pretty good morning over here. DD slept in until 9:00 this morning
Nice!
Once, during this pregnant summer with no DH around, DS slept until 8.30 but usually he wakes by 7am.
On the plus side, he's asleep by 7.30pm most nights....
He woke up this morning and said, 'Mummy, can I snuggle with you? You're lovely!' love that boy!

Sorry that so many of you are dealing with prodromal stuff and heat. Terri -Hope you get that A/C today!

Amy - Hope the trip to Seoul goes well. It's great that you have a comfortable place to homebirth in. Enjoy your couple of nights without DS...no need to feel guilty about that!!

No more updates on expat-mama yet.
The email from her DH was sent about 12 hrs ago so hopefully babe is in arms!!

AFM - I'm 41 wks tmw.
Feeling quite patient and zen-like though because I'm under no pressure this week.
My baby knows when to be born......I hope!

Emma - Welsh Wife to DH and Mummy to DS, Lloyd 13/08/07 and Cerys 15/07/10
Living in Russia
#23 of 73 Old 07-12-2010, 02:48 PM

Had my first uncomfortable time yesterday. I have felt so good for weeks with no pains, aches or anything. I was having bh all afternoon, every 10 or so minutes, and had a lot of back pain too. I didn't feel comfortable sitting or lying down, and finally got into a bath around dinnertime and that felt great. Then things mellowed out. I was excited that my body was doing something to prepare! The contractions brought my cervix more centered, so that's good.

I keep thinking that this baby is a Cancer not a Leo- it's just my hit but what do I know?! Husband goes for knee surgery tonight, should only be about 4 days of healing before he can walk somewhat normally, but probably a couple weeks before he can do things like mow or carry heavy things. It's going to be mellow around here this week.

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

#24 of 73 Old 07-12-2010, 03:14 PM

We did NOT get an AC unit. They're sold out everywhere!!! We hit all the hardware stores and appliance stores, all to no avail. We ended up getting one off of ebay and I hope the guy gets it sent out tomorrow at the latest. We paid per Paypal so I guess we'll see. *sigh* It's cooling off a bit today due to a storm and tomorrow should be tolerable, but the weather forecast shows the heat picking up in two days.
Pregnancywise I'm feeling leaky. ****TMI**** I had another coughing attack last night and managed to vomit, pee and crap in my pants all at once. I've been having loose stools for a while now, but that was just the cherry on top of it all. I just hope it's a good sign. The book I'm reading - Die Hebammesprechstunde - speaks about women who vomit during labor in a positive light: everything is opening during the birth. And while it's a horrid experience for the mother, apparently midwives take it as a good sign that things are moving along.

#25 of 73 Old 07-12-2010, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
****TMI**** I had another coughing attack last night and managed to vomit, pee and crap in my pants all at once. I've been having loose stools for a while now, but that was just the cherry on top of it all. I just hope it's a good sign. The book I'm reading - Die Hebammesprechstunde - speaks about women who vomit during labor in a positive light: everything is opening during the birth. And while it's a horrid experience for the mother, apparently midwives take it as a good sign that things are moving along.
I remember being at a home birth (as a doula) in which mom was vomiting and in baby's birth story I wrote, "We were happy because we knew that meant you were closer to coming." So yeah, sh*tty for mom, but good news for progress.

This is something I've felt this time too - nausea. I didn't feel it with the girls though. I am wondering if I will vomit this time while giving birth, as well as pooping. Ahhh giving birth is no time to be polite.

I hope your AC gets to you soon Terri!

Jenny - interesting to hear you having signs of progress. I hope your dh's surgery goes well and you take it easy as much as you can.

Welsh - Your son sounds so sweet. How are you keeping yourself occupied and zen-like still at 41 weeks?

Amy - I can hear the relief in your post about you and your dh deciding on his final day. Just a couple of more days and you're off to Seoul. Does your ds know you will be going away, and why, etc? Just curious.

Over here, I'm bored today and moody. Probably because I'm bored. Getting tired and cranky. Start and stop signs. I'm starting to think I'm going to go until my due date on Friday because I've slept quite well the last couple of nights. I feel like if things were going to swing into action I'd be up more like I was before. OTOH who knows? The day is still young. Today is dh's late father's birthday. We were kind of hoping the baby would come today, to honour the memory of his late grandfather. Sort of a melancholy day.

I've been irritable and a bit grumpy with the kids the last couple of days. Have to nip that habit in the bud. I really think it's from hormones though. I really feel like I'm going to have this baby this week.

So has anyone had success with those labour cookies? I'm wondering if I should make the effort and heat up the oven....

Hang in there, Girls!

#26 of 73 Old 07-12-2010, 03:38 PM

Lol, Surfacing. That's exactly what I was thinking, too. I should take this positive and be happy. But it's kinda difficult to do when every orifice is failing you.
Labor cookies??? Did I miss something? Do they start labor? Make labor faster? Or what? And where do I get the recipe???

#27 of 73 Old 07-12-2010, 03:56 PM

So here's something fascinating...

I just got a callback from a big scary law firm downtown. The big scary firms did not want to talk to me beyond the screening interview while I was still in law school, because my resume screamed academia/public interest. And I didn't really want to talk to them, either, because aside from the $$$ and the nice lunch they'd provide if called in for a second interview, there wasn't much nice to say about them. Granted, now, with a mortgage and a baby on the way and a last-legs car and an unemployed spouse (he was probably going to stay home with the baby for awhile) and way-too-expensive State Bar insurance, I'm a little less smug about "oh, I can be picky about where I work because I don't have student loans and my rent is low" and a little more "this pays money and has a health plan."

Well, as part of my strategy of half-heartedly applying for jobs to qualify for unemployment, I've basically been responding to posted vacancies indiscriminately and doing nothing else (and will step up once the baby's born and I have a better idea of when I'll be able to start). This big scary firm called for a phone screening interview last week (for a vacancy I applied for in early May, in their Employee Benefits Practice Group--it is a very academic area of law, at least, which is appealing), and I'm pretty sure I bungled at least part of it (though I did disclose my impending scene-from-Alien and they assured me they were not on a specific timeline and would consider my application on its merits) and I figured that was the end of it--but they want me to come in person for a 3-hour tour/Bataan Death March. The HR lady said she'd try to schedule something for this week, and will not hold it against me (she'd try to reschedule for after delivery if the interviews were still occurring and would surely not blackball me for future vacancies, as she would with someone who canceled because of a hangover or something) if I have to cancel. I'm waiting to hear back from her.

Is it wrong that I'm hoping to have to cancel? On balance, I want this baby out. Yesterday. The idea of a three-hour interview with multiple people when just walking from the couch to the bathroom is an ordeal is unappealing. My water breaking in the conference room would surely make an impression, no? (Maybe I should wear incontinence pads just in case?)

Maybe this is a good way to jump-start labor--make plans.

#28 of 73 Old 07-12-2010, 03:59 PM

Working on Zen here. 40 weeks today, I made the mistake of convincing myself that this baby would follow the same pattern as DD!

Really working to reach Zen, b/c I don't want to be this impatient & frustrated for days/weeks/until baby comes!

Surfacing - I remember having that thought when I was in labor with DD - "Well, if all this other stuff is coming out of all orifaces, than my baby can't be too far behind!"

Amy - safe travels, and lots of good thoughts your way!

Terri - hope your A/C arrives SOON! - but of course it won't be soon enough!

Went on (hopefully!) one last little shopping spree today, bought new hiking boots for DH, a little sleeping nest thingy for the baby, some additional storage for baby blankets etc. Really, I cannot nest any more. It's all done!

One of my best friends has a baby shower scheduled for next Saturday. I was really hoping to be going with a one week-old babe, but I guess the next best I can hope for is that I'll be going with baby still inside! I don't see venturing out that far (it's over an hour from here) with a baby that's just a few days old....guess we'll wait & see!
#29 of 73 Old 07-13-2010, 04:54 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Lol, Surfacing. That's exactly what I was thinking, too. I should take this positive and be happy. But it's kinda difficult to do when every orifice is failing you.
Labor cookies??? Did I miss something? Do they start labor? Make labor faster? Or what? And where do I get the recipe???
I hear you on the bolded part and

Labour cookies - I think there's a recipe on the prodromal thread posted by Natanya. I'll check in a second and post a link back.

Proto - interesting how our values shift and suddenly our decisions include compromises we were not willing to make before. It is not at all difficult to understand your lack of desire to do a huge interview process and everything, so close to your due date. You're in a headspace of I'm About To Have A Baby, not I'm Witty, Sharp And Impressive, Hire Me. When she calls you, you could tell her your having labour pains and will call her back after the baby is born or something? Not sure....

slgt -

AFM - I am waking up every hour right now. The past couple of nights I had some pretty solid sleep, complete with pillow drool, so I thought the signs of labour are off for awhile. A couple of good BH tonight and waking up every hour. Could it be because of my good two hour nap this afternoon? I dunno. Lots of lower back/hip pain. I feel like baby is down but is ROT, ROA and I kind of feel like his shoulder is hovering above my pubic bone. Maybe caught? Does that make sense?

Crying 2 y.o. gotta go.... be well all!

#30 of 73 Old 07-13-2010, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

Terrilein - here's the labour starting cookie recipe:
http://www.shoppingfortwo.com/Articl...tercookies.htm

I'm going to go bake them now...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page