Our Baby is FINALLY here! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-13-2010, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Our baby boy is here FINALLY! He is perfect and so beautiful!

He came into the world on Monday July 12 at 10:28 am (UAE time) NATURALLY and at 11 days late was 8 lbs 14.5 oz!!!

Some of you remember I took a bunch of castor oil on Friday morning and I started getting real contractions on Friday afternoon. They were really strong but not regular at all. This continued until Sunday afternoon when I finally went to have my doctor check my dilation. I was at 6-7 and me and DH decided to head to the birth centre! Contractions were still really irregular, through strong, and unfortunately I was extremely tired and running low on energy (I basically couldn't sleep or eat anything but fruit and yogurt since Friday).
The midwives were GREAT and we had our birth plan posted up all over the place and outside the door- we were the talk of the birth centre. The only annoying thing was when the doctor can and suggested I have pain meds to sleep and an IV because I had vomited after trying to eat, I said no and she came back later to say something like "you would've delivered by now if you had pain meds and an IV". We checked into the birth centre at 4pm and I started pushing at 9am. It seemed like forever. Pushed for an hour and half (it was hard because I only got the pushing urge half the time) and out he came! I had a 2nd degree tear, but it doesn't hurt as much as I thought it would've. They did everything we asked and nothing we didn't want, he didn't leave my tummy for a couple of hours! It was amazing.
I passed out getting to the bathroom just because of sheer exhaustion and lack of food even though I was hydrated enough. But they stuffed me full of food at the birth centre and I was ok soon after.
We are so ecstatic about him and everything is perfect. We're struggling a bit with nursing because he is soooo sleepy and I'm sooo sore but we're both pretty determined.

Thanks for all the support and labour vibes! I can't believe I did it!

Me dreads.gif 32, loving him fuzmalesling.gif33, more each day. Rad boy, jog.gif 7/12/10 & Cool gal baby.gif  4/28/13

I'm a biracial, atheist, humanist, pacifist, anarchist, bibliophile, and educator. Rainbow.gifgd.gifwinner.jpgnocirc.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2010, 01:51 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh Expat! Congrats and welcome little guy sounds like a long ordeal how wonderful that you were able to have the birth you wanted, that is a looong time to labor for sure. Enjoy your babymoon

Tracy, Wifey to Jeff . Mama to Maya-Papaya 7/04 and Carolina Bean-a 5/07 and Jack 7/4/10!!
Old 07-13-2010, 01:55 PM

Congratulations! What wonderful news!

Old 07-13-2010, 02:04 PM

Yippity yay!!!! A boy!! So very happy for you Mama!
What a long ordeal though....
Totally normal for the nursing to take a while to click, it's a new skill for you both to learn.

Emma - Welsh Wife to DH and Mummy to DS, Lloyd 13/08/07 and Cerys 15/07/10
Living in Russia
Old 07-13-2010, 02:42 PM

Hooray expat-mama! Congrats, strong mama, and welcome to your little boy!

Old 07-13-2010, 02:46 PM

Congratulations to you both, and welcome baby boy!

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for." ~A.U.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:48 PM

Woohooo! So excited to wake up this morning and read your birth story. Congrats on the arrival of your new baby boy.

Lana: Mama to Mya Oct/2007 and Ainsley July/2010
Old 07-13-2010, 02:54 PM

Congrats mama on your awesome birth and big boy!!!!

I was getting a bit worried and am now so ecstatic for you!

hide.gif Me 41, single mom to modifiedartist.gifdd 4/2001 and demon.gif ds 7/17/2010

Old 07-13-2010, 03:16 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
WONDERFUL! congrats!

Loving mama to Aden (8/5/2010) and DSD (15).
Old 07-13-2010, 03:19 PM

Hooray for you!!!!!! Welcome baby boy!!!
Nursing will become easier, good job being persistent. He's exhausted just like you are!
It's common to recommend the epidural/pain med/iv/rest combo with an exhausted mom and long labor, and it can actually be a path to avoid a cesarean. I'm glad for you that it all worked out and you got the natural birth you wanted to have!

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

Old 07-13-2010, 03:21 PM

Congratulations!! Enjoy your new little guy!!!

Mommy to sweet baby Rhys born 7/15
Old 07-13-2010, 04:05 PM

I'm so happy for you all! So glad to hear your big boy is finally here!

Be easy on yourself with breastfeeing, it takes time! This is my third time around and even now it isn't all easy and perfect. Rest, rest, rest as much as you can and don't get up and do stuff for as long as you can hold off--this really pays off!

Marja: consensual-living, unschooling, piano-teaching, doula and mom to 3 creative, independent people:
DD, 8, DS, 6, and Baby DS born July 1, 2010 Married to DH for 10 years!
Old 07-13-2010, 04:14 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Oh Expat-Mama, this really is one of the best outcomes to your story that I could have imagined. Yay! I'm so happy for you. Congratulations on making your birth wishes come true, although you certainly had to work for it, didn't you?

Congratulations on your lovely chubby baby. I'm so happy for you! Yay!

I am sending "working it out" nursing vibes to both of you ~*~*~*~* It certainly does take time to click as both of you are learning. And what works on day 1 may not work on day 3, or from one feed to the next. I hope you have good support and information.

Blessings to you!

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
Old 07-13-2010, 04:37 PM

congrats!

Lindsay + Trev = DD RóisÃ*n (9/07) & DS Ãamonn (7/2010)
Old 07-13-2010, 04:38 PM

Congratulations mama!!! And welcome Earthside sweet baby Boy!!!

What a long go of things! You sure made up for all the super fast birthing mamas in our ddc!! So happy for you that everything went naturally and as you wished.

SAHM to DD 03/08 & DD 06/10 made with love with my DP

Old 07-13-2010, 04:54 PM

Bravo!!! And congratulations!

~Janie~ | DH | DS: '05. - Playful Parenting/UP. Baby girl July 2010
Old 07-13-2010, 05:13 PM

Yay! Congratulations I've been wondering how it all turned out, it sounds like it was great, good for you!! Enjoy your baby BOY!!

Mom to Lizzy born May 2007 & expecting Baby#2 June/July 2010
Old 07-13-2010, 06:28 PM

Congratulations!!!
Old 07-13-2010, 06:50 PM

Congratulations! What a joy to have your new baby here.

Wife to a wonderful dh and mom to four beautiful kiddos, dd (3/04):, ds1 (1/06), ds2 (10/08), and ds3 (7/10)
Old 07-13-2010, 06:53 PM

Hooray! Enjoy!

Amy (34): mommy to DD1 (11/07) and DD2 (7/10), wife, wohm, and wannabe suburban homesteader.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:54 PM

Congratulations!!! What great stamina you have!
Old 07-13-2010, 08:04 PM

You are amazing, mama! Way to stick to your plan!!!

Enjoy your babymoon!

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
Old 07-13-2010, 08:23 PM

Awesome! Glad to hear that you hung in there through a long labor process and stuck to your guns about what you wanted in the birth center.

Congratulations on the birth of your son!

Happy and in love with my family!
Old 07-14-2010, 12:36 AM

Yayyyy, i am so happy for you!!! I logged onto here hoping to see this news!

One of my biggest struggles so far with Ember is keeping her awake long enough to get enough nursing in. It can be tricky for awhile between their sleepiness and our own exhaustion. Good support goes a long way.

Congratulations, mama! <3
Posted via Mobile Device

Weirdo Mama to amazing Aurelia, age 9 & Ember Roslyn, age 3!
Old 07-14-2010, 04:04 AM

Yay, congrats, and welcome to your wonderful boy!!!

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

Old 07-14-2010, 04:41 PM

Congratulations! You and I had the same edd and our boys were both 11 days late! You got me in the weight class though, by more than a pound! You also inspired me to go out and buy some castor oil, but our plan was to wait till Tuesday to take it. Guess the threat was enough! Speedy recovery to you, hope breastfeeding gets easier for you both. Yeah for our July 12th boys!!

Happy wife of Treading.gif  mom to L lady.gif and Mjog.gif

Old 07-14-2010, 11:50 PM

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Congrats!!!

Wife to since '98; Homeschooling, just completed my doctorate & becoming crunchier by the day; Mom to DSs: 06/10,12/05, & 1/99 & 1 on the way (3/15)
Old 07-15-2010, 04:10 AM

congratulations and welcome!

me dh ds1 (11/04) ds2 (7/10) and
Old 07-15-2010, 11:09 AM

Congratulations!

Mom of 8 children 4 Boys : and 4 girls :2 dogs named Kibblez and Brook , sadly miss my Husband that passed 03/03/2007 !Trully Miss my Brother Joey that passed on 3/25/09..Sadly miss my dearest son T.J that passed 1/19/2014 forever in my heart!
Old 07-15-2010, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone!

I'm so in love...he is soooooooo lovely and beautiful and perfect! His eyes make me melt and he's even smiled at us already (we think)! Nursing is still a bit of a challenge- he seems to love one boob and can't stand the other! I don't get it. My nipples seem to be way too huge for his mouth or something so we struggle getting a latch, but once we do it's smooth sailing and I love watching him nurse. He is still sooo sleepy and gets all drunk and ridiculous after just a few moments of nursing and I have to use drastic measures to keep him up to finish (cold cloth on his forehead). My milk came in today and he was super happy about that! It seemed to help the nipple situation a bit too. I can't really nurse sitting up all the time, we just can't get our position right, he has crazy frantic head movements sometimes, and my boppy just doesn't work for me! Maybe the short torso thing again, I dunno... The side-lying position really works for us, but I need to really practice other ways. Anyway, I'm soo determined to get good at this especially seeing how much he loves it.

I'm going to have to start a shameless baby photo sharing thread like I've seen in one of the other DDCs soon...

I heard from one of the mamas that was in my birth class yesterday and my heart broke for her. She was due almost a week before me and faced the same pressures to induce on and agreed to it without really knowing anything about it. She was induced on July 1st, had crazy intense pitocin contractions but no cervical dilation, went in for c-section and the baby spent 4 days in NICU...and when they got him out he had been circumcised without their knowledge or permission. This was at the same birth centre as I went to. She seemed ok about it all and I didn't want to make a big deal out of it if she was feeling ok, but I couldn't help shed some tears for her babe.

ok..shameless photos here:

Me dreads.gif 32, loving him fuzmalesling.gif33, more each day. Rad boy, jog.gif 7/12/10 & Cool gal baby.gif  4/28/13

I'm a biracial, atheist, humanist, pacifist, anarchist, bibliophile, and educator. Rainbow.gifgd.gifwinner.jpgnocirc.gif

User Tag List