Mothering Forum banner

Increased Fetal Movements at 39 weeks ok?

10K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Amynf1 
#1 ·
I know I need to stay off google, but my little girl was sooo active all day yesterday. She was nonstop with kicking and rolling. I'm so anxious to give birth that I thought I'd look it up to see if it were an early labor sign. I then see some people said it was a sign of something bad...like more movements happened for them and then the baby died of cord strangulation. Is this extremly rare or have you all heard of this?

My MW appt is Friday (I'll be 40 wks then) and as long as her movements stay 6x/hr when she moves I'm trying not to stress...

Thoughts?

#3 ·
I found mine can get really active but then goes days with little major movement. Like she wore herself out partying it up the night before. A quick check with a doppler might bring reassurance.

#4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by carliec76 View Post
I found mine can get really active but then goes days with little major movement. Like she wore herself out partying it up the night before. A quick check with a doppler might bring reassurance.
This is what I've been experiencing as well. Last night I felt like there was a boxing match going on in there!

#5 ·
My Little One (due July 21) has always been extremely active. I think you are worrying yourself too much with Google. Honestly what corrective action could you take? The cord is long, and many babies are born with their cords wrapped around their necks (sometimes multiple times). Remember that the cord has muscular tissue, arteries pump blood as well they aren't just flaccid tubes.

#6 ·

Mine is still really active. I have a good amount of fluid, probably due to the fact that I drink over a gallon of water a day. I'm glad for the movement and fluid since my baby is OP and it will be more likely to turn in labor as a result.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.