Increased Fetal Movements at 39 weeks ok? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-13-2010, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know I need to stay off google, but my little girl was sooo active all day yesterday. She was nonstop with kicking and rolling. I'm so anxious to give birth that I thought I'd look it up to see if it were an early labor sign. I then see some people said it was a sign of something bad...like more movements happened for them and then the baby died of cord strangulation. Is this extremly rare or have you all heard of this?

My MW appt is Friday (I'll be 40 wks then) and as long as her movements stay 6x/hr when she moves I'm trying not to stress...

Thoughts?

DD born 7/19/10, DS due 3/12/12

#2 of 6 Old 07-13-2010, 05:10 PM

My baby was super active in the days leading up to my labor. I found it reassuring. I'm sure everything is fine.

~Manessa mama to one teenageer, one tweenager, and a toddler

#3 of 6 Old 07-13-2010, 05:51 PM

I found mine can get really active but then goes days with little major movement. Like she wore herself out partying it up the night before. A quick check with a doppler might bring reassurance.

carlie~33 DP~40 mom to Cadan Riley 7/22/04, Kailin Naiya 8/05/06,, Ronen Blake12/13/08 , Rosen Blythe 7/26/10.
#4 of 6 Old 07-13-2010, 08:25 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by carliec76 View Post
I found mine can get really active but then goes days with little major movement. Like she wore herself out partying it up the night before. A quick check with a doppler might bring reassurance.
This is what I've been experiencing as well. Last night I felt like there was a boxing match going on in there!

Loving mama to Aden (8/5/2010) and DSD (15).
#5 of 6 Old 07-13-2010, 09:14 PM

My Little One (due July 21) has always been extremely active. I think you are worrying yourself too much with Google. Honestly what corrective action could you take? The cord is long, and many babies are born with their cords wrapped around their necks (sometimes multiple times). Remember that the cord has muscular tissue, arteries pump blood as well they aren't just flaccid tubes.
#6 of 6 Old 07-13-2010, 09:43 PM

Mine is still really active. I have a good amount of fluid, probably due to the fact that I drink over a gallon of water a day. I'm glad for the movement and fluid since my baby is OP and it will be more likely to turn in labor as a result.

Amy, Army wife living in S. Korea, mama to my inverted t c/s baby 04.05.08 and my VBAC with inverted t baby 07.24.10

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page