Mothering Forum banner

The next person who asks if i am having twins will get punched in the nose

705 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  a-sorta-fairytale 
#1 ·
ahem - vent ahead

I have been trying not to read here too much because all the births are making me jealous

I have my 3rd c/s scheduled for the 23rd. Both other births were planned hb transferred and ending in c/s. they were 12 lbs and 12 lbs 2oz. I gave up this time and decided instead of paying thousands out of pocket for a hb mw and then also paying for a c/s i would just go ahead and schedule. Both times i only got to 4cm and the last time i was in labor over 40 hours.

I am only 5ft tall so these huge babies look even bigger in me since they have no where to go. I am 38 weeks and measuring 52.

Every.single.person asks if it is twins. This is how all the convos start.
The person stares at my belly and asks when i am due. I say in a week, 2 weeks etc (this has been going on for over a month now). They then automatically say "TWINS!" I say "nope just one big baby." Sometimes it ends here but more then half the time i get "ohh, GD huh?" To which i get a bit snippy and say "no - not even close - have never had it - 3rd big baby the other ones were 12 pounds."

I am sore, it hurts to have this big of a baby in me. My right hip is out of place, my pubic bone is out of place and everything hurts. If i get it adjusted at the Chiro it feels better for a few hours and then the beast baby pushes it out of place again.

I am sad every time i have a ctx because i know i am getting cut and it is doing me no good. I dont want a c/s - it is a huge struggle for me to keep from breaking down every time i think about it. For me cs is terrifying and the recovery is awful.

I just want to throttle everyone who comments. I know most people arent trying to be annoying but i swear i wish i could stay home for the next 9 days to avoid talking to anyone because i am not fit for public consumption.

If you read this far - thanks
Feel free to add your vent as well so i dont feel like such an ogre.

See less See more
#3 ·
DDCC

I can totally relate. I'm 5'5" but have very large babies as well. I'm 30 weeks today and have already had several people think Iw as joking when I tell them I've got 3 months left. Then the twins comments start. "Are you sure it isn't twins?!" Like it's their right to know the history of my medical tests. The nerves in my hips pinch and shoot pain down my legs if I sit for too long. My feet swell if I stand for too long. Maternity shirts are getting too short to cover my whole belly.

But! I try to just remember that the most important thing is a healthy baby. I can handle the comments, the induction speculation (becauseI'm with a new doc who isn't too keen on my history of super long labors), the stares when I get out of my van with a huge belly leading the way and three little girls following me. I will have a chubby, beautiful healthy baby. All the negativity bounces right off that.

Hang in there Mama. You are so close. What about swimming? Does that take any discomfort away? Splurge on a room at a hotel with a pool and swim around to your hearts content - especially early morning when no one else will be there.

#4 ·
Thank you both

Being in the water helped till about 3 weeks ago. Now when i am in a pool i just have a ton of ctx.

And i feel like a jerk for even whining. One of my very best friends just had a premature baby and a c/s. Another good friend just had a m/c. I keep telling myself at least i am still pregnant and am full term. But, that doesnt make me want to punch strangers any less
This is my last baby and i also feel like a jerk for not enjoying these last few days of being pregnant. So, i am a sad/grumpy/guilty feeling crazy preggo.

#5 ·
I'm sorry a-sorta-fairytale. Yeah, it's not pleasant for people to be commenting on something that is out of your control!!!

I'm sorry you're having c-section fears. Is somebody you trust going to be with you while you get it? Your partner, a parent or doula?

#6 ·
As long as this baby hangs in here until my scheduled date i "should" have the best c/s that i can. My dh will be there, a really sweet hb friendly doc will be there and one of my best friends will be the nurse. So, as long as dont go into labor before then i will be in very good hands and hopefully this will be the least traumatic c/s of the 3.

#7 ·
hang in there, asf! it seems like there are a few of us getting the obnoxious twins/gd/omg responses from people. and as far as not being fit for human consumption, it's a standing joke that i should be even b****ier than i am, according to the other moms from my son's baseball team.

fwiw, i am 5'6" and i am measuring 47cm at 37.5 weeks. there has been no shortage of obnoxious comments. my last babies were 9lbs3oz, 9lbs5oz, and 10lbs. even with my biggest baby, i measured 38 weeks at full term, and he was born 2 days later. my midwife was amazing with letting me handle my birth with her assistance and guidance. she handled the possible shoulder dystocia beautifully.

according to the u/s monday, this one is weighing in at 9lbs +/-1 pound. ummm, it's the margin of error that scares me. i am terrified of delivering this baby, as i never was with the others. i don't trust my care providers this time around to effectively handle a 10lb+ baby. my midwife i trusted implicitly. this ob group? notsomuch.

this just sucks. i don't want a csection, but i don't want an injured baby, either.

rock, meet hard place.

#10 ·
We just had that today, but it didn't bother me. We were in the mall in the elevator and there were two schoolboys who couldn't help but stare at my belly. I eventually told them that the baby is overdue and that, yes, I'm bound to explode any second now. They asked if I was carrying twins and I just laughed. DP said I was carrying one twin.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.