Mothering Forum banner

1 week ago today I had a baby....

785 views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Love Wins 
#1 ·
GIRL !!!!!!

After 17 hours of labor, our little girl, India was born in the water, caught by me! DH had left the room to grab our note-taking tablet, to mark that her head was going to crown soon, and about a minute later, he came back in to see my pulling a baby up out of the water! Neither my MW or the nurse even had gloves on since we all thought it would be a bit until we had a baby...but she wanted out!

All pg, I thought she was a boy(I had PUPPP and many people that are normally right on with their guesses had said boy also), and could barely believe it when DH said, "it's a girl"! DH is head over heels for his little girl, and my heart is overwlemed with everything she is; her cries, her looks, her SMELL.

I don't think I've known love this deep and pure and intoxicating. I've seen 4 wonders of the world, trekked in deserts, gone on safaris, been entertained by mighty rivers like the Nile, Ganges, Yangtze, Thames, Mekong, been awed by the Himalayas and the Tian Shan, hiked in mountain ranges and plateaus literally untouched by man, seen volcanoes erupting, but I've never, ever, ever seen anything as amazing as my baby girl. My life is forever ruined, and I love it! I can't believe this blessing is mine....

See less See more
#3 ·
What a sweet account of your love for your baby! Congratulations and welcome to baby India! (I love her name and the country too)

#4 ·
Wow, that's some powerful incredible love you are feeling there for your baby! So wonderful!!!!! Enjoy the bliss and the beginning of an up and down journey. It's such a gift that you can experience her in such a blissful way.

#12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ledzepplon View Post
How wonderful!! The most amazing part, IMO, is that the incredible love you feel just grows and grows. Congratulations!

So glad to hear the love continues to grow! Thanks everyone for the congrats! I know I haven't posted much, but I still feel connected to this group, and appreciate every kind word!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.