my form of nesting? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 07-16-2010, 03:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
First I got this diaper bag for $75. I just got it today and it's really great and I don't feel like I got ripped off at all. In fact, I might not even feel ripped off at 100. Maybe. http://www.amazon.com/Ju-Ju-Be-Be-Al.../dp/B00196NLP0

And then I found this on ebay for $70 in the botanical azure print I fell in love with at first sight: http://fleurville.com/product/mothership%C2%AE Obviously this bag is bigger than I need.

So now I have 2 diaper bags LOL I'm crazy.

I havent' had the 'nesting energy' hit yet, so maybe this is all the nesting I'll be doing.

Loving mama to Aden (8/5/2010) and DSD (15).
#2 of 18 Old 07-16-2010, 03:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
those look like great bags! One can never have enough bags imo

I think nesting has many different faces. Nesting has appeared in cloth diaper form at my house I have an over the top mother load of every kind of diaper you could imagine and I still catch myself looking at more.

I've also been really anal about keeping the floors and windows clean at my house. Plus I have this very strong feeling that I'll want to eat watermelon and avacado while in labor so I make sure I always have a ready supply

Enjoying life with DH since 05/04 and our two boys Oliver 02/07 and Theodore 07/10 

#3 of 18 Old 07-16-2010, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, I'm very carefully staying away from the CD sites! My BF set me up with what I'd need for a newborn. I'm sure once I've got the system down I'll go nuts though! And how I envy you your clean floors and windows! Our kitchen is (still) under construction. NOTHING is clean You've also just reminded me of a strong desire I've had for watermelon lately! LOL

#4 of 18 Old 07-16-2010, 11:12 PM

I have 4 carriers and no diaper bag yet.

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#5 of 18 Old 07-17-2010, 01:07 AM

Love it! And such a pretty nest.
I've been wanting to nest a bit here, but I'm just so tired! Maybe I'll just buy bags instead.

#6 of 18 Old 07-17-2010, 03:16 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My form of nesting has involved cleaning and cooking, and shopping too. Dh is happiest about the first two.

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#7 of 18 Old 07-17-2010, 04:14 AM

I think my nesting was cleaning out about 800 messages from my email inbox that dated back to 2007.

come on baby, i'm officially 41 weeks now.

me dh ds1 (11/04) ds2 (7/10) and
#8 of 18 Old 07-17-2010, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flitters View Post
I think my nesting was cleaning out about 800 messages from my email inbox that dated back to 2007. come on baby

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#9 of 18 Old 07-17-2010, 01:46 PM

I like your form of nesting........it's fun I'm another one who is obsessing over the cleanliness of my floors......I've become really anal about them. The other night I scrubbed 1000 sq feet of hard surface flooring on my hands and knees. That was a work out. I think nesting today will take the form of ordering a few last minute items (breast pads, wet bags, etc) and maybe baking cookies but that's as active as I'll be.

Lana: Mama to Mya Oct/2007 and Ainsley July/2010
#10 of 18 Old 07-17-2010, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrgs View Post
I like your form of nesting........it's fun I'm another one who is obsessing over the cleanliness of my floors......I've become really anal about them. The other night I scrubbed 1000 sq feet of hard surface flooring on my hands and knees. That was a work out. I think nesting today will take the form of ordering a few last minute items (breast pads, wet bags, etc) and maybe baking cookies but that's as active as I'll be.
omg. There's no way I could get down on my hands and knees and scrub floors right now! But I'd like to. I took off my house slippers today because I felt sweaty. Stupid stupid idea. Cat litter and grit immediately stuck to the bottom of my feet. Ick! I HATE it!! Please please finish kitchen construction soon!!! Unclean floors are my biggest hate regarding the house.

#11 of 18 Old 07-17-2010, 09:25 PM

ok, you can add this to the odd nesting urges:

just came back inside from a marathon blackberry-bramble-pruning session. perhaps being 41 weeks pregnant and wearing a dress, crocs, and leather gloves while wielding pruning shears was worth a laugh. dh (sweetly) came out and laughed at me several times while i was up to my hips in brush. my forearms and shins are all scratched up (not sure what possessed me to leave the dress on... oh, yes i am: comfort) but it felt really good to do that project.

i feel for all of you with the prodromal stuff going on. i'm sort of in the opposite boat - ridiculously comfortable for 41 weeks. i feel very fortunate for that, but it's still unsettling since it makes me wonder if this baby has any plans to emerge anytime soon.

#12 of 18 Old 07-17-2010, 09:26 PM

oh, and i don't want to imply that the reason for my odd nesting urges has to do with the house already being well kept and tidy. that's seriously not the case.

#13 of 18 Old 07-17-2010, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flitters View Post
just came back inside from a marathon blackberry-bramble-pruning session. perhaps being 41 weeks pregnant and wearing a dress, crocs, and leather gloves while wielding pruning shears was worth a laugh. dh (sweetly) came out and laughed at me several times while i was up to my hips in brush.
I wish you had a picture of that!

#14 of 18 Old 07-18-2010, 03:16 AM

Being pregnant gives me an excuse to do things like obsess over hairy baseboards (three indoor animals) and go suddenly crazy on the overgrown coreopsis in the garden. I do these types of things all the time, but now I can claim "nesting."

Yet I'm thinking I also need to seriously reevaluate my diaper bag situation. Hmm.... I"m not sure the 5 I have are sufficient.

Amy (34): mommy to DD1 (11/07) and DD2 (7/10), wife, wohm, and wannabe suburban homesteader.
#15 of 18 Old 07-18-2010, 08:17 AM

My DH is nesting for me does that count?? Seriously he is on a mission! Last night he did a test run of setting the pool up, got dd's surprises ready (lots of new toys to distract her if she needs it during birth), he also scrubbed and cleaned the bathroom for floor to ceiling. This morning he has done the same in the kitchen.Does this count as a sympathy pregnancy symptom?? I am tired just looking at him!!
Love him to bits tho, he's my hero right now
#16 of 18 Old 07-18-2010, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runnerbean View Post
My DH is nesting for me does that count?? Seriously he is on a mission! Last night he did a test run of setting the pool up, got dd's surprises ready (lots of new toys to distract her if she needs it during birth), he also scrubbed and cleaned the bathroom for floor to ceiling. This morning he has done the same in the kitchen.Does this count as a sympathy pregnancy symptom?? I am tired just looking at him!!
OMG. You are SO lucky!

Amy (34): mommy to DD1 (11/07) and DD2 (7/10), wife, wohm, and wannabe suburban homesteader.
#17 of 18 Old 07-18-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runnerbean View Post
This is awesome! and my dh probably wishes I didn't read it because his to do list is probably going to grow now.

Lana: Mama to Mya Oct/2007 and Ainsley July/2010
#18 of 18 Old 07-18-2010, 07:30 PM

Would it be totally rubbing it in to say my day ended with a wonderful back massage from my wonderful dh??
He is always v good to me, but lately he has just been amazing, I feel so supported and ready for my homebirth thanks to him

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page