*~* July 18 - 24 Weekly Chat Thread ~*~ - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 07-18-2010, 01:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Previous week's thread: http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1242283

I just happen to be up at midnight and started the new thread. Don't mean to hog the starts, it just ends up happening that way.

Affirmations: sending everyone good vibes for a week of health and peace!

My doula trainer and past doula recently told me she dreamt this coming birth would be fast like dd2's and today said she sees tomorrow afternoon as our time. Gosh, I hope so.

And then (TMI ALERT), as if on cue, I lost globs of mucous. WHO KNOWS??? Goodnight I'm going to bed, Mamas!

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#2 of 23 Old 07-18-2010, 02:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
OMG those videos were HILARIOUS!!! Thanks for sharing, I reposted on FB and am still snorting over them!

It's sweltering hot here, I'm drinking Gatorade and tons of fluid. DH put the girls to bed with me and promptly fell asleep snuggling them. So I left him there

Now I'm sprawled out on the big comfy bed with my laptop allllllllllll by myself! Yeay! LOL

Baby's moving a ton, no contractions though and no more mucus. Surfacing, I'm totally convinced you're going soon...keep us posted!!!

GOOD moms let their kids lick the beaters. GREAT moms turn off the mixer first!
Humanist Woman Wife , & Friend Plus Mama to 6 (3 mos, 2, 9, 13, 17, 20)
#3 of 23 Old 07-18-2010, 02:15 AM

Surfacing, I hear you on wanting to maintain a good attitude about the waiting game and not wanting people's hurrying input! I am almost ready to just hang low at home as people are starting to get to me and I'm not even due yet!

I thought today was going to be so pleasant, but ended up one of those messy days...too many people in my family not meeting my expectations- sometimes it feels like I live with a houseful of people I love, including dh, who I do so much for and end up nagging all day to do take responsibility for themselves!!! arg, it gets old and I'm not up for it anymore. My daughter, age 9, is trying really hard it seems to be as ungrateful and rude as possible when I try and do nice things for/with her, and it makes me really sad. I know not to take it personally but I'm just too sensitive and emotional right now. Had the "I don't want this family, what have I done wrong, I don't want to have another child, what was I thinking getting pregnant again" pity party sobfest. Now feeling better. Dh must've got it a bit as I found him reading a birth book and seeming interesting in checking in with me.
okay, sorry, rant over.

In good news a wonderful woman is coming to clean my house tomorrow, for which I am very grateful.

It's so fun to check our ddc every day and read about the new babies! I wonder who will report about their little one tomorrow?!

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

#4 of 23 Old 07-18-2010, 06:16 AM

Hey all,

Surfacing, hope it's happening for you!!

Theoretica, it's sweltering here too. It's not so much the temp as much as the humidity. 100% and it's not raining= permasweat, blgahg

Mataji, enjoy the cleaning lady, I LOVE mine

I've been MIA since we came down to Seoul. My friend/doula has a 3 year old and 1 year old and I have a 2 year old so yeah, three toddlers equals three times the fun!!! We stay busy, which is good. My husband is in the field waiting on the call from me to come to the city which is about 2.5 hours away. And K (friend/doula) is at another birth right now

I'm 40w3d today and I don't have much going on. I have noticed that when I have a BH that I feel more cervical pressure or sensation or something so I guess that's good. I'm pretty peaceful though. Just hanging out. I do miss my hubs though and can't wait to go home. I'm very thankful to have K and to be here and feel very welcome but I'm a home body so it's hard to be away.

I hope everyone who's had their baby is enjoying the babymoon and that those of us waiting are peaceful!

Amy, Army wife living in S. Korea, mama to my inverted t c/s baby 04.05.08 and my VBAC with inverted t baby 07.24.10
#5 of 23 Old 07-18-2010, 04:12 PM - Thread Starter

Good to hear an update Amy, I've been wondering how you've been doing since your move. Holy cow, 3 toddlers under the same roof, it must be NOISY. It's not surprising to hear that you wish you could be home in your own nest.

Ohhh Jenny I hear you on nagging others to be responsible for themselves and stop taking you for granted. I'm glad your dh suddenly had a flash of insight to check in with you. I hope you feel better after your sobfest.

Theoretica sounds like you had a relaxing evening!

AFM I wonder how our sisters are doing like Terrilein and others we haven't heard from in a while.... like Mama2toomany who was a surrogate for the twins...

Girls, I'm gonna tell you something quite gross and TMI today. I got sick and tired of all this waiting and anticipation and decided I would make a SERIOUS SERIOUS effort to check my cervix and see what the heck is going on. Well. I have short fat fingers. Think of the fingers of good peasant stock. I could NOT reach my cervix and realized that if I wanted to get any reach in there I would have to send in the army ... it was a relief to know I am still nice and stretchy to accommodate another baby coming through. But holy cow man, I felt like I was in up to my elbow and then barely reached the dang thing with my finger tips. It felt soft and like 2 or 3 finger tips dilated. I needed a rest after that workout, let me tell you.

Then dh suggested we all go for a walk up to the grocery store with the stroller and the kids. It was a really nice walk, and I'm glad he suggested it. He stopped at the park on the way home with the girls, and I came straight home with the frozen chicken strips. A wee bit of red show on TP but I think that's just 'cuz I was probing around. One BH, a little bit of cramping, but nothing dramatic. Still more of the same. Sigh.

Thinking of you gals and hoping that everyone has a lovely day.

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#6 of 23 Old 07-18-2010, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
I would have to send in the army ...
hahahaah - it took me a minute to realize which army you meant!

maybe i'll go check my cervix too... it's been pretty consistent for the last few weeks, though a bit more forward recently. i'm ridiculously free of prelabor for being 8 days past due. baby, come out!

me dh ds1 (11/04) ds2 (7/10) and
#7 of 23 Old 07-18-2010, 09:22 PM

To continue the TMI vein we're on...

I've never 'checked' myself while pregnant. How on earth do you know what you're feeling? How can you tell how dilated you are, or how effaced you are? Thanks in advance...LOL

#8 of 23 Old 07-18-2010, 09:34 PM

Theoretica, if you reach inside you will probably feel baby's head and your smooth muscle uterus. This can be kind of shocking but very cool! If you slide your fingers back along the uterus you will bump into your cervix- may have to feel around- which protrudes a bit (unless you are totally effaced like I am and then you just dip right into a little hole). You can feel how soft, long, open the cervix is. One fintertip dilated is about 2 cm and 2 fingertips is about 3 cm. Make sure you wash hands well before! Sometimes the cervix is still posterior and isn't midline yet if not in labor, but often we can reach. (AFM I also have short fingers and need quite an army too!)

I made the labor cookies today, planning to freeze them as I'm not due for a week. But they are yummy and I was excited so I ate a bunch. I'll freeze the rest in case I was eating a bunch in vain! They are really good.

My midwife friend felt baby today and agreed he is totally engaged and is tending slightly towards posterior. I knew that and have been doing all the spinning baby suggestions. I don't think my others were so anterior before labor either so I'm not too worried. I'll just keep working on good positioning in early labor as well.

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

#9 of 23 Old 07-19-2010, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Good to hear an update Amy, I've been wondering how you've been doing since your move. Holy cow, 3 toddlers under the same roof, it must be NOISY. It's not surprising to hear that you wish you could be home in your own nest.
Noisy to say the least! It's fun though plus K has a nanny/housekeeper four days a week (I'm totally getting spoiled, by the way!) and Graham really likes her. She's been taking him and the one year old (the three y/o goes to preschool) to play in the indoor playroom for a couple of hours each day since it's monsooning outside. I do miss my nest. And my dog and my garden.

I've tried checking my cervix several times and can't find it. I can find it when I'm not pg but no luck so far. It's been a week or so, maybe I should try again. I have been doing some walking, about 3 miles here and there, not every day though. I get lots of pelvic pressure after but that's about it. I'm going the distance here. Every day I wake up and say, 'it's not happening today.' It's eventually going to happen and I'm going to be surprised, haha. I went to 41w1d with my first, it looks like I'm on track to do it again! I'm 40+4 today.

I made the labor cookies today too. They are like spicy ginger snaps, pretty tasty!

Amy, Army wife living in S. Korea, mama to my inverted t c/s baby 04.05.08 and my VBAC with inverted t baby 07.24.10
#10 of 23 Old 07-20-2010, 12:43 AM - Thread Starter

#11 of 23 Old 07-20-2010, 01:43 AM

Quote:

realized that if I wanted to get any reach in there I would have to send in the army ... it was a relief to know I am still nice and stretchy to accommodate another baby coming through. But holy cow man, I felt like I was in up to my elbow and then barely reached the dang thing with my finger tips. It felt soft and like 2 or 3 finger tips dilated. I needed a rest after that workout, let me tell you.

Send in the troops!

SAHM to DD 03/08 & DD 06/10 made with love with my DP

#12 of 23 Old 07-20-2010, 03:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakaikai View Post

Send in the troops!

Mamas, I am nervous about my MW appt today. I'm 40+4 and my MW wants to set a date for NST and discussion about trying induction techniques like stretch and sweep and whatnot before a 42 week transfer for hospital induction.

Sigh. I don't wanna have interventions. I birthed my others at 40+5 and 40+1. Most women birth their babies by 42 weeks. Why all this pressure all of a sudden?

Actually, I don't think it's personal/just me, I think our MWs are regulated to do certain things and offering induction stuff is their way of trying to give us a chance to give birth (if a nudge is needed or wanted) without hospital induction. Gah.

I think I need to just open up my mouth and talk to her. Why am I so scared?

ETA - scared or not, I'm going to open my mouth and not let myself be pressured into anything that I don't want. Just FTR.

#13 of 23 Old 07-20-2010, 04:00 AM

good for you surfacing.

#14 of 23 Old 07-20-2010, 07:18 AM - Thread Starter

Well Mamas, I think this is it for me. Maybe. Don't wanna get my hopes up too high... but have been having contractions since 4:45 a.m. that are hard to ignore and somewhat regular. Bloody show. My MWs are on their way over because of my history of fast labour. The household is still sleeping. Yikes! I am finding it hard to believe because of all the irregular crap I've been having but this feels different, for sure.

Oh I hope, I hope, I hope! But I think I might be having a baby today!

(I will be so embarassed though if it peters out...) SEND ME ELVS GIRLS!

#15 of 23 Old 07-20-2010, 07:24 AM

Good luck Barb!!! I hope this is it for you. I've been thinking about you. Sending peaceful and easy labor vibes

#16 of 23 Old 07-20-2010, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Well Mamas, I think this is it for me. Maybe. Don't wanna get my hopes up too high... but have been having contractions since 4:45 a.m. that are hard to ignore and somewhat regular. Bloody show. My MWs are on their way over because of my history of fast labour. The household is still sleeping. Yikes! I am finding it hard to believe because of all the irregular crap I've been having but this feels different, for sure.

Oh I hope, I hope, I hope! But I think I might be having a baby today!

(I will be so embarassed though if it peters out...) SEND ME ELVS GIRLS!
If it DOES peter out it's still been progress...but I'd bet you're headed for holding your bayyyyybeeeee

I just *knew* you'd go before me!!

Can't wait to NOT hear from you for a few hours, that'll confirm it! ELVs headed your way, I'm cheering you on mama!!!!!!!

#17 of 23 Old 07-20-2010, 09:52 AM

Thinking of you surfacing!

SAHM to DD 03/08 & DD 06/10 made with love with my DP

#18 of 23 Old 07-20-2010, 10:29 AM

Peaceful laboring Surfacing!!

Emma - Welsh Wife to DH and Mummy to DS, Lloyd 13/08/07 and Cerys 15/07/10
Living in Russia
#19 of 23 Old 07-20-2010, 11:46 AM

Tons of ELVs Surfacing

Amy (34): mommy to DD1 (11/07) and DD2 (7/10), wife, wohm, and wannabe suburban homesteader.
#20 of 23 Old 07-20-2010, 11:49 AM

Good luck Surfacing!!!! I was excited to wake up this morning and read that this might be it for you!!

Lana: Mama to Mya Oct/2007 and Ainsley July/2010
#21 of 23 Old 07-20-2010, 11:50 AM

Ohhhh good luck Surfacing! I hope this is it for you!

Aimee Blessed Momma to 4 amazing boys, P ~ 9 H ~ 7 J ~ 4 and B ~ 1.  Happily married to D Living my almost dream life on an urban homestead, hoping for our forever land to find us soon!

#22 of 23 Old 07-21-2010, 02:11 AM

I had to share this...tonight my mom came over and my 8 year old welcomes her in by saying, "hi nana, my moms boobs leak". I love an. 8 year olds humor with pregnancy and pp.

Aimee Blessed Momma to 4 amazing boys, P ~ 9 H ~ 7 J ~ 4 and B ~ 1.  Happily married to D Living my almost dream life on an urban homestead, hoping for our forever land to find us soon!

#23 of 23 Old 07-21-2010, 02:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2DoubleCuties View Post
I had to share this...tonight my mom came over and my 8 year old welcomes her in by saying, "hi nana, my moms boobs leak". I love an. 8 year olds humor with pregnancy and pp.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page