Mothering Forum banner

Checking in....

524 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Surfacing 
#1 ·
Morning All!
Firstly I want to say that I'm enjoying reading all your updates and hoping you all have healthy babes in arms very soon

AFM, I'm day 4 pp and starting to feel human.
Milk came in on Day 2/3, with DS I had to wait till Day 5. I'm engorged which looks ridiculous when I was a 38F to begin with.
DD was only 6lbs14 and has a pretty, dainty little mouth so my nipples are sore, sore, sore. Her latch is way too shallow but atm I can't get her to open wider. Working on it.....

She's suffering with terrible gas and was screaming in pain last night before she pooped

I hadn't had much rest between Thurs-Sun. Yesterday I realised why sleep deprivation is used as a form of torture.
However, the MIL who was snorting at me and calling me piggy for eating while pregnant has proved to be an angel. Who knew?!
The night before last, she took DD between feeds for a few hours to let me sleep.
This morning she's got DD downstairs while I shower, vegetate for an hour and lansinoh-up my nipples!

Last night after the crazy gassiness, DD fell asleep from 2-6, fed, and went back to sleep from 7-9!

What a difference a day makes...

She's beautiful though and I'm totally in love with her!
DS is an amazing big brother but he misses me although he's being very understanding about being gentle when he squeezes me because my 'nips' are sore..
He's getting lots of quality time with DH though which they're both enjoying.
Shameless pic posting follows...
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...8&l=26dc6bb1f7

Be well all!!!!

See less See more
#6 ·
So many truths in your post! Sleep deprivation as torture? Yes. What a difference a day makes with a baby? Yes. How a few hours of rest can make you feel human again? Yes.

Dd2 had a tiny mouth and I big, flat nipples and breasts... sore nipples, cracked and bleeding resulted (two rounds over 2-3 wks)... when she grew it really did make a huge difference. I just had to hang in there somehow with my sanity dangling by a string.
You will have your own experience, of course.

Nice pics -OMG your baby is soooo beautiful! What a lovely family you have, your ds is so cute too.

Glad to hear you're hanging in... at this point it's just getting through the day, isn't it? It's good to hear that MIL has made a turn around. Hah!

#7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post

Dd2 had a tiny mouth and I big, flat nipples and breasts... sore nipples, cracked and bleeding resulted (two rounds over 2-3 wks)... when she grew it really did make a huge difference. I just had to hang in there somehow with my sanity dangling by a string.
You will have your own experience, of course.

how long was it before the agony let up? can you remember?

Mine are cracked and bleeding and I'm so tense latching her on. Agony.
I just said to DH, this is why 'people' don't bf, it's so hard to just soldier on.

#8 ·
I had the same thing Emma, my last bb had a high palate and nursing was EXCRUCIATING or the first several weeks. I held out, and I'm glad I did, because once her mouth grew just a wee bit all was fine and she nursed like a champ (chomp?)! But in the meantime yeah I remember wincing at anticipating the pain of her latching on...yowch

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by welsh View Post
how long was it before the agony let up? can you remember?

Mine are cracked and bleeding and I'm so tense latching her on. Agony.
I just said to DH, this is why 'people' don't bf, it's so hard to just soldier on.
Yes, I hear you! Umm I think after about 2 weeks her mouth got bigger... but it was really not until 8 weeks that I finally could say I enjoyed nursing dd2. My MW had had the same experience with her baby. You can PM me if you want to talk more about this - or not, no worries.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.