Help! EPO or bloody show? - Mothering Forums
July 2010 > Help! EPO or bloody show?
AmyKT's Avatar AmyKT 11:16 AM 07-19-2010
I'm 38w3d and last night for the first time I actually got an EPO in place vaginally all night, rather than likely losing it after 2 hours on my first trip to the bathroom. This morning I noticed some orange-tinged mucus. I can't remember from my first pregnancy -- could EPO oil cause that kind of coloring in my mucus? Or could it be the beginning of some bloody show or mucus plug? The mucus was pretty thick and abundant, but so far, I haven't seen any more. Of course, that was only 20 minutes ago. Since then, though, I've been crampy and a bit nauseated. I'm not sure if it's all psychosomatic, or if something could really be happening.

What do you think?

ETA: The reason I'm excited is I had my first daughter the day after I lost my mucus plug and exactly one week after my first bloody show.

Surfacing's Avatar Surfacing 12:56 PM 07-19-2010
I've had both egg white mucous and yellowish looking mucous with and without EPO inserted vaginally (but I had been taking it orally). To tell you the truth, I've kind of been wondering the same thing, like why would the mucous be two colours? Are they made of different stuff? One mixed with oil or old blood? One a newer, regenerated variety? Or something? I haven't done any research in earnest.

Last week I had dh come home from work because I had a big rush of nausea and loose stool and cramping, after I'd been doing the EPO protocol. But it went away after a couple of hours. I thought perhaps it was a hormonal surge, some progesterone surge or something, and then nothing.

Not sure what the answer is!
AmyKT's Avatar AmyKT 01:52 PM 07-19-2010
Thanks, Surfacing. I'm still not sure what's happening here. I have had a little more yellowish mucous, but nothing that looks truly bloody. Hmm...

I stayed home from work for a couple of hours this morning because of nausea and loose stools and cramping, but I just had DH drive me in (too distracted to do it myself). I'm cramping a little more after the walk through the building, but no real contractions to speak of.

I know the real deal could be a week off, but it gives me hope that maybe it's not TWO weeks off. Maybe.

I hope it happens for you, soon. It's more your time now than mine
Theoretica's Avatar Theoretica 03:17 PM 07-19-2010
I think that's sounding like progress Amy! Can you go for a brisk walk and do some squats? That might help with things, plus take a small nap and drink a big glass of water.

And Surfacing, I had the same thing last week too-I was so sure it was kicking in gear! I swear we'll be the last holdouts of the July DDC! Ok that wasn't encouraging. I'll try again. I swear *I* will be the last holdout of the July DDC...you're gonna go any day now
mommamisty's Avatar mommamisty 03:17 PM 07-19-2010
Sounds like it cooould be the the capsule from the EPO. I remember that being kind of mucusy looking after a night of EPO in previous pregnancies.
Surfacing's Avatar Surfacing 01:41 AM 07-20-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoretica View Post
I had the same thing last week too-I was so sure it was kicking in gear! I swear we'll be the last holdouts of the July DDC!
Ya know, that might just be the case! I see my MW tomorrow and I know she'll want to talk about when to schedule an NST and whether I'll consent to any interventions before 42 weeks like a stretch and sweep. I need to do some reading and make an informed decision. Sigh.
Up