The NEW "Still Waiting" Thread! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 285 Old 07-23-2010, 03:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Had steady contractions for over 8 hours yesterday plus bloody mucus and when I went to get checked they said that it wasn't doing anything to my cervix, I started crying, had contractions all night and today and more blood...what more do I need to do? 39 weeks today so I am not overdue, but I will go in on Thursday for an induction if I don't go on my own, won't have any child care available starting next Sunday, so she's got to come out by then, dr says she doesn't think I'll last that long without going into labor on my own, so lets hope.

The waiting just SUCKS!!!

I am also avoiding the phone, my mom keeps calling all cheerful and she told me today "she knows when she's ready" and I had a fit and told her "SHE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW SHE'S A HUMAN BEING SO NO MOTHER SHE DOENS'T KNOW WHEN SHE'S READY AND I DON'T CARE".....you can feel your sanity just slip away can't you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 285 Old 07-23-2010, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatWozBlue View Post
Had steady contractions for over 8 hours yesterday plus bloody mucus and when I went to get checked they said that it wasn't doing anything to my cervix, I started crying, had contractions all night and today and more blood...what more do I need to do? 39 weeks today so I am not overdue, but I will go in on Thursday for an induction if I don't go on my own, won't have any child care available starting next Sunday, so she's got to come out by then, dr says she doesn't think I'll last that long without going into labor on my own, so lets hope.

The waiting just SUCKS!!!

I am also avoiding the phone, my mom keeps calling all cheerful and she told me today "she knows when she's ready" and I had a fit and told her "SHE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW SHE'S A HUMAN BEING SO NO MOTHER SHE DOENS'T KNOW WHEN SHE'S READY AND I DON'T CARE".....you can feel your sanity just slip away can't you?
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hug)))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))))))

I feel your frustration
#93 of 285 Old 07-23-2010, 07:40 PM

Just got home from US, NST and stretch and sweep. Not the most comfortable thing... It gave me really bad contractions!!!! She said if my body was ready then it could work in 24-48 hours, if not, then we're doing it again Monday. So, we'll see! At least doing something takes away the "I'm never going into labor" feeling. If I dont go by my 42 week appt next friday, they're going to want to put me on pit. which I DO NOT want!!!!!! So, trying these methods doesn't seem so bad compared to that!!! I just cannot imagine going through this whole weekend AGAIN with no baby!!!! I thought we'd be home snuggling together by now...

Dana- wife to wonderful DH, and a non vaxed happy heathly 2 yr old!

#94 of 285 Old 07-23-2010, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dana76 View Post
Just got home from US, NST and stretch and sweep. Not the most comfortable thing... It gave me really bad contractions!!!! She said if my body was ready then it could work in 24-48 hours, if not, then we're doing it again Monday. So, we'll see! At least doing something takes away the "I'm never going into labor" feeling. If I dont go by my 42 week appt next friday, they're going to want to put me on pit. which I DO NOT want!!!!!! So, trying these methods doesn't seem so bad compared to that!!! I just cannot imagine going through this whole weekend AGAIN with no baby!!!! I thought we'd be home snuggling together by now...
I hear you. I'll be at the end of 42 weeks next week as well and looking at a possible Thursday induction. How far were you dilated for your stretch and sweep? If you are still like 1-2 cm, you might ask about starting with a foley catheter next week if you do need an induction--that can get you to like 4 cm and sometimes that is all you need. I would also think about asking about starting with cervadil to ripen the cervix prior to the pit. Sometimes that too is all you need. You can also google "low dose pitocin protocol" to find some great resources for how to avoid "pit to distress." My cervix is currently "ripe" enough to not need the foley or cervadil so what my midwife and I have been discussing is if I do make it to next Thursday, if I am like 4-5 cm with an easy-to-reach cervix and very low baby, starting with the water breaking (AROM) and seeing if just that is enough OR turning the pit on the absolute lowest setting and raising just every half hour until there's a good contraction pattern and a little progress, then turning it off and seeing if that was all my body needed. Remember turning the pit off IS an option! I went to 42 weeks with DD too--and I think it was harder last time because it was my first and I was so afraid of induction and wanted her here so much, so I know just where you are right now.
#95 of 285 Old 07-23-2010, 09:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Still nothing going on here but a severe sharp pain in my lower rt side... not my appendix but still makes me wonder what it is.. baby is moving fine...

ANYWAY, my time has come... I get induced in the AM due to my placenta issue- I'm terrified of the induction and I'm already a nervous wreck.. I'm not mentally ready to have him forced out although I'm physically ready to have a baby - does that even make sense? Anyway, I wish labor dust on all of you still waiting... a full moon is coming up :-)
#96 of 285 Old 07-23-2010, 09:38 PM

ohhhh cervical changes, I might actually be going somewhere down there.

carlie~33 DP~40 mom to Cadan Riley 7/22/04, Kailin Naiya 8/05/06,, Ronen Blake12/13/08 , Rosen Blythe 7/26/10.
#97 of 285 Old 07-23-2010, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazybean View Post
Still nothing going on here but a severe sharp pain in my lower rt side... not my appendix but still makes me wonder what it is.. baby is moving fine...

ANYWAY, my time has come... I get induced in the AM due to my placenta issue- I'm terrified of the induction and I'm already a nervous wreck.. I'm not mentally ready to have him forced out although I'm physically ready to have a baby - does that even make sense? Anyway, I wish labor dust on all of you still waiting... a full moon is coming up :-)
Be strong mama. You can do this!

Angel, teaches Psych, married to Martin, chiropractor since 06/25/05 , Mama to DS, Quinn 7/11/07 and DD, Eliza 8/2/10 :
#98 of 285 Old 07-24-2010, 12:24 AM

Quote:

Just wanting to wish you all the best tomorrow.

Lana: Mama to Mya Oct/2007 and Ainsley July/2010
#99 of 285 Old 07-24-2010, 09:35 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:

I hope your labor is easy peasy and you are holding your little one soon!

Larissa, mom to my 3 girls (07/10), (05/02), and (09/98)
#100 of 285 Old 07-24-2010, 09:52 AM

As long as you are slightly dilated and effaced I have read inductions go fairly well. It the first timers that have a tougher go of it.

carlie~33 DP~40 mom to Cadan Riley 7/22/04, Kailin Naiya 8/05/06,, Ronen Blake12/13/08 , Rosen Blythe 7/26/10.
#101 of 285 Old 07-24-2010, 11:49 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
crazybean!! I keep reminding myself that in the end it's a healthy baby that matters. I have an acupuncture appt this afternoon. I've never had acupuncture before. My parents arrive this afternoon as well. My mom and I are getting pedicures tomorrow, since apparently this baby is never coming out We DTD last night, and DP has also convinced me to try the EPO thing. My doula also suggested eating pineapple. No idea where that one came from, but I love it enough to eat a whole one myself, so any excuse to eat it is good to me! Also planning to paint the kitchen this weekend, so maybe some good hard labor will bring on labor!

Loving mama to Aden (8/5/2010) and DSD (15).
#102 of 285 Old 07-24-2010, 12:31 PM

Wavybrains- I had a leep procedure last year, so I have scar tissue on my cervix. I went in last friday and I was 85% effaced and 2 cm. Yesterday, 7 days later, I was the same. When she did the sweep she had to tear the scar tissue to get it to move at all. Apparently when there is scar tissue, your cervix doesn't dilate and stretch like everyone else. It becomes taught until it "pops". So, you can be 2 cm, and when it's taught to the fullest extent, trying to stretch out it can pop and suddenly you're 6-7-or 8.

Crazybean- Good luck to you!!!!!

I think I'm going to try the S&S again monday and if by wed. nothing has happened I'll have to regroup and reassess. I just hope to God there is not a baby in there still on Wednesday!!!!! I have nothing to do today.... I'm so sick of being bored!!!!!

#103 of 285 Old 07-24-2010, 01:45 PM

Just a little note to say I'm thinking of all the end of July mamas. Your turn is just around the bend and you will soon have your lovely babes in arms!

SAHM to DD 03/08 & DD 06/10 made with love with my DP

#104 of 285 Old 07-24-2010, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dana76 View Post
Wavybrains- I had a leep procedure last year, so I have scar tissue on my cervix. I went in last friday and I was 85% effaced and 2 cm. Yesterday, 7 days later, I was the same. When she did the sweep she had to tear the scar tissue to get it to move at all. Apparently when there is scar tissue, your cervix doesn't dilate and stretch like everyone else. It becomes taught until it "pops". So, you can be 2 cm, and when it's taught to the fullest extent, trying to stretch out it can pop and suddenly you're 6-7-or 8.
You might have already seen this article, but it addresses scar tissue on the cervix. If you read the comments, you will see a very experienced midwife advocating a fairly large dosage of borage oil (more potent than EPO) in such cases--3-5 capsules orally and 3-5 vaginally. GOOD LUCK! Here is the link:
http://www.birthresourcenetwork.org/...talking-about/
#105 of 285 Old 07-24-2010, 02:25 PM

Thanks Wavy!

mamakaikai- Thanks for thinking of us!!! Soon we'll all be chatting together again about our little ones!!!!

#106 of 285 Old 07-24-2010, 02:54 PM

I have been using Borage 2 caps as a perineal massage oil. I eat a few Evening Primrose. I don't know that it has done anything but it can't hurt.

#107 of 285 Old 07-24-2010, 03:34 PM

http://www.tcoyf.com/forums/t/41044.aspx

thought some of you may like this..

on a side note my 6 year old is driving me nuts he is hanging on me bouncing against me and yammering my ear off about if I have blood in my teeth and water in my eyeballs....he is hovering on me like the worlds most annoying fly.

#108 of 285 Old 07-24-2010, 04:16 PM

I thought last night was it. I was finishing watching a movie by myself and started getting these rushing waves of sensation all through my uterus and then it tingled my butt cheeks! My heart was racey and I started feeling wierd and thinking about trippy things. They didn't last long but there was a whole bunch in two hours. I was worried I wouldn't get to sleep but did just after 1 am. I was super surprised to wake up this morning not in labor! I do feel more crampiness in general today and still feel a little off. I expect the feelings will come back this evening, and either turn into labor or not. Based on how I'm feeling, I expect the baby in the next few days.

I'm much more scared of labor starting than I expected. I'm not naive having been through it a few times before! I know I can do it and I know I am strong, etc, but just knowing so well what may be coming makes it hard to look forward to it!! I just want to do it so I don't have to think about it anymore.

We're coming up on the last week in July!!

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

#109 of 285 Old 07-24-2010, 04:47 PM

Oh, does anyone else have people just "randomly popping by"?

I think they think that we won't answer the phone coz we're in labor and just HAVE to know what's going on---when we're really just laying around or making dinner and trying to get some peace and quiet from moving and working and everything. Anyways, it feels like people are crossing my boundaries (maybe I'm being paranoid), and I don't like that!

I'm feeling more positive, at least. Last night thought for sure that we were revving up. Today, not so much. Mucus is back! Yesterday I told dp that I thought it might be today or tomorrow. Now I'm like maybe another week.

I'm not even at my EDD! I think just coz I expected to go early . . . you 40+ mommas have my heart! But I FEEL like this is the end and how can I possibly get bigger or more prego? Plus all this prelabor stuff is kinda wearing me out, and I don't wanna be exhausted when baby decides it's time.

Happy and in love with my family!
#110 of 285 Old 07-24-2010, 07:20 PM

to all the waiting mamas, it'll be your turn very soon.

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#111 of 285 Old 07-25-2010, 02:31 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakaikai View Post
Just a little note to say I'm thinking of all the end of July mamas. Your turn is just around the bend and you will soon have your lovely babes in arms!

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#112 of 285 Old 07-25-2010, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mataji4 View Post
Based on how I'm feeling, I expect the baby in the next few days.

I'm much more scared of labor starting than I expected. I'm not naive having been through it a few times before! I know I can do it and I know I am strong, etc, but just knowing so well what may be coming makes it hard to look forward to it!! I just want to do it so I don't have to think about it anymore.
Got my fingers crossed for you Mama.

I can so relate - was feeling this way too before baby was born.

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#113 of 285 Old 07-25-2010, 02:35 AM

Quote:

ANYWAY, my time has come... I get induced in the AM due to my placenta issue- I'm terrified of the induction and I'm already a nervous wreck.. I'm not mentally ready to have him forced out although I'm physically ready to have a baby - does that even make sense?
It totally makes sense. Find a mental space where you can calm and centre yourself Mama. I hope you will have good support during your induction.

#114 of 285 Old 07-25-2010, 12:38 PM

nothing nothing nothing...ugh.

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

#115 of 285 Old 07-25-2010, 12:52 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Me too. Still nothing. Acupuncture yesterday, plenty of sex and still nothing. I guess we're getting EPO today and probably another acupuncture visit today or tomorrow. Sigh.

Loving mama to Aden (8/5/2010) and DSD (15).
#116 of 285 Old 07-25-2010, 01:01 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Nothing here either. I have been doing EPO 6000mg/day for 4 weeks now. I don't think my cervix can be any riper - I am 5 cm, mostly effaced and any pressure on my cervix takes it out even further. We had so many preterm labor scares this time that I was sure we would have her by now. The kids go back to school in 10 days and I really want to have a few days to snuggle as a family before they go back. I am trying to just sit back and let it happen, but this one seems to be heading for my longest gestation and probably my biggest baby. My DP is working hard (and we have been spending too much money) trying to entertain me. Soon. It has to be soon.

Larissa, mom to my 3 girls (07/10), (05/02), and (09/98)
#117 of 285 Old 07-25-2010, 01:09 PM - Thread Starter

Nothing Nothing Nothing NOTHING here either.

At least I'm in good company ladies, it's nice to check in and at least see I'm not the ONLY one in this seemingly endless holding pattern.

I'm getting a little nervous because my HB MW palpated yesterday and said she'd guess baby at at 10lbs! That means if I go another week we could be at 11!??!?! Yikes! I want this baby out LOL

GOOD moms let their kids lick the beaters. GREAT moms turn off the mixer first!
Humanist Woman Wife , & Friend Plus Mama to 6 (3 mos, 2, 9, 13, 17, 20)
#118 of 285 Old 07-25-2010, 04:19 PM

Yeah, knowing my kids are big at birth and just watching my belly get bigger and bigger...I wish I could think "Aw, he's growing so healthy" but I'm more like "ACK! Stop growing already and get out of there while you still fit!" But I sure wish he'd turn away from his posterior tendencies, I just don't like that one bit!

I'm due tomorrow or Tuesday. My first I don't count (very late), but my others came at 39, 40+4, and 40 on the nose. So it will be soon.

I busted out the paint this morning and have been doing touch up in the bedrooms where we didn't quite finish the job well last year (around door frames, etc). My dh seems irritated that I'd rather do things like this right now than be at the river or something. I think we'll head to the pool after lunch.

#119 of 285 Old 07-25-2010, 04:33 PM

No baby here yet . . . getting close to 4 cm and 80% according to check yesterday at the NST. More prodomal stuff, lots more mucus plug, but nada. My doula did the rebozo again yesterday and I did some nipple stim but still nothing. I'm pretty sure of my dates because of charting and I'm at 42 weeks now I have another NST Tuesday and then a probable AROM induction Wednesday or Thursday. I know baby might be okay another entire week in there or more, but DD was born at 42 weeks + 1 or 2 days and had serious meconium issues with the birth, peeling skin, and looked post-dates so I'm reaching the end of my personal comfort zone, which makes me so sad. I'm going to do some mall walking today and just hope it happens before Wednesday.
#120 of 285 Old 07-25-2010, 04:40 PM

Bored again today... I sent DH to go play golf because he is killing me!!!! He's as stir crazy as I am, except because I'm uncomfortable, I'm happy to stay in bed...he is not.

My FIL left to go back home this morning after waiting here 9 days after my first prodromal episode. If I had had any idea that you could contract HARD for 10 days with no baby, I would have never let him come. I adore him and feel bad he wasted all that time here watching water boil with us.

I seriously feel like this baby is coming out. When I walk I feel like there is something between my legs, as if I could just reach in and pull her out! How is she staying in there??? This feeling has only been there the last 2 days. My midwife said she was at 0 station. Oh well.... Off to the doc again tomorrow to see my midwife for the S&S.

I'll be 41 weeks tomorrow!!!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page