Forum Jump: 

#181 of 285 Old 07-27-2010, 11:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoretica View Post
Team discouraged here too

I had several good ctx last night, woke up with more this morning. By 11am still contracting so I got the kids to a friend and DH and I spent the day doing nipple stim, birth ball squats, eating labor cookies (yum but spicy! LOL) and we managed to have a quickie.

Everything. Stopped.

No ctx, no nothing for HOURS. It's all come to a screeching halt. The kids are on the way home for the night and I'm tired and sad.
, Theoretica. We'll get there, all of us. Sometimes it's so hard being patient and just trusting and having faith! But you will do it--we all will! xoxoxo

Mama to a beautiful girl since May 2007 and a beautiful boy since August 2010! :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 285 Old 07-28-2010, 06:57 AM

I just met my mucus plug, peeps!!

Big white and clear stringy glob with thin pink line running through it, right? That never happened with dd.

No ctx tonight, just pinchy cervical stuff happening and obviously a big fat case of pregnancy insomnia brought on by my excitement over said mucus plug.

I've got to try these labor cookies I keep hearing about, where is the recipe? I missed this somehow. I am just really hungry for sweets as we don't buy them and have been too lazy to make them lately what with my insane amounts of batch cooking and produce-processing from our CSA.

Everybody!! We are hanging on at the tail-end here, ladies! It's getting very close for all of us, just a matter of days really--even the 40-wkrs only have a bit longer at the very outside. Stay positive and hydrated

Happy and in love with my family!
#183 of 285 Old 07-28-2010, 09:56 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by craft_media_hero View Post
I just met my mucus plug, peeps!!

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#184 of 285 Old 07-28-2010, 10:54 AM

Theoretica- I had the same yesterday. 7 min apart contrac. for about 2 hours. Got me pretty excited and then.... nothing! It's so discouraging!!!!

Craft_media- I've heard about the cytotech, and that it was rough! I think Cervadil is a little more gentle, that's the tampon thing. Also, a super low dose of pit. may be enough to get the party started, not sure. I'm scheduled with a midwife for the induction so we'll talk about it friday morning if I don't have this baby before then!

I spent the day baking banana muffins and bread yesterday and I think that's what stimulated all the contrax. YUMMMM!!!!! I took a walk again and laid down. That's when they really started. CANNOT dtd at this point, I would really rather die. Especially since we laughed through the whole thing last time!
It was pretty funny...

41w 3d and still 85% effaced and 0 station. At the very least I'm hoping that since she's so low that when it's time to push she flies out of there! Who knows... If I've learned anything through this process of being at the end of pregnancy it's this, There is no method to the madness. I've been doing EVERYTHING you're told to do to stimulate labor and it's just not happening. Walking, pumping, nip stim, sex, bouncing on exercise ball, taking EPO, drinking RRL tea, and I've been doing these things daily for 12 days. I think all those things help move things along if you're already ready to go. But if you're not, they don't do jack! I'm not happy to be getting induced at all, but at the same time I'm so sick of TRYING to make it happen and sitting around watching the clock. Now at least I know I have 2 more days until my sweet baby is here!

I can't wait to meet her!!!!

Dana- wife to wonderful DH, and a non vaxed happy heathly 2 yr old!

#185 of 285 Old 07-28-2010, 02:32 PM

The tricky thing is that your body can be effaced and ready to go but labor starts with a hormonal trigger released by the BABY! So our bodies are just hanging out waiting for the babies to be ready. So all the walking and cookies and whatnot is good I think if your body isn't effacing or showing signs of moving towards being ready for labor, but if you are already effaced and slightly dilated and having some contractions, it's not going to necessarily do anything. So I'm walking for exercise, not wearing myself out, and I'm done with the cookies which just upset my stomache (in large amounts!), and now I'm just waiting on baby.

I'm just tired of THINKING about what's to come and all the variables and how it might work out and feel like I can't not think about it so I'm keeping myself busy with menial errands and busywork so I won't start down the "what if..." nonsense I keep falling into. ugh.

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

#186 of 285 Old 07-28-2010, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mataji4 View Post
The tricky thing is that your body can be effaced and ready to go but labor starts with a hormonal trigger released by the BABY!
Jenny do you know WHAT that hormone is?

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#187 of 285 Old 07-28-2010, 03:22 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dana76 View Post
I think all those things help move things along if you're already ready to go. But if you're not, they don't do jack!
Quote:
The tricky thing is that your body can be effaced and ready to go but labor starts with a hormonal trigger released by the BABY!
This was what I thought and I just verified it with my midwife this morning. My NST went fine. I'm slightly dilated and barely effaced. How I can be barely there at 41+ is beyond me. But I am having contractions, even if I don't feel them. I feel so much better knowing my body is actually doing something! She said with so much uterine activity she doesn't think it will be long now, though not likely to be tonight. Sorry mom (they leave tomorrow)

I have an ultrasound to check fluid and another NST on Friday morning. If I get to Tuesday night we induce, starting with the ... Cervadil I think it was? The tampon like one. And I'm really not planning on a S&S. When she checked my dilation it HURT. I make DP put the EPO in for me (I'm a wuss) and that hurts a little too. Of course, me complaining about this makes it really funny that I fully plan on a completely natural birth!

and patience to all of us!

Loving mama to Aden (8/5/2010) and DSD (15).
#188 of 285 Old 07-28-2010, 03:37 PM

Jenny's right! You can beg and plead with your body, but labour will start when all the stars line up so to speak. I think it is still unknown what all the labour triggers are. It's so hard to just surrender to your body and trust that it will know when the time is right. Especially when you are playing private investigator for signs of imminent labour that you just can't count on. I was 7-8 cm and 95% effaced for a couple of days, maybe a week (?) before I went into labour. ANd I was 4-5 for weeksssss before that. You just can't rely on these kinds of signs! So frustrating! But ob thr plus side, all the waiting seems like ancient history now that my babe is here. You'll be here too in a matter of days!

It's the end of the month and you really can't be pregnant for that much longer!!!

SAHM to DD 03/08 & DD 06/10 made with love with my DP

#189 of 285 Old 07-28-2010, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonalee View Post
I have an ultrasound to check fluid and another NST on Friday morning. If I get to Tuesday night we induce, starting with the ... Cervadil I think it was? The tampon like one. And I'm really not planning on a S&S. When she checked my dilation it HURT. I make DP put the EPO in for me (I'm a wuss) and that hurts a little too. Of course, me complaining about this makes it really funny that I fully plan on a completely natural birth!
I found the internal checks painful too, and I made it through birth without any meds. To me, there was a difference between the pain from my own body's natural process, and that caused by someone "interfering".

to all the waiting mamas, thinking of you!

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#190 of 285 Old 07-28-2010, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakaikai View Post
I was 7-8 cm and 95% effaced for a couple of days, maybe a week (?) before I went into labour. ANd I was 4-5 for weeksssss before that.
And I was only 3cms (and cervix thick) 30 mins before I met my baby!!!

Emma - Welsh Wife to DH and Mummy to DS, Lloyd 13/08/07 and Cerys 15/07/10
Living in Russia
#191 of 285 Old 07-28-2010, 08:00 PM

Just wanted to stop in and wish you ladies all the best ........good vibes coming your way.

Lana: Mama to Mya Oct/2007 and Ainsley July/2010
#192 of 285 Old 07-29-2010, 11:50 AM

Nothing nothing nothing yesterday. Will I ever have this baby? Starting to feel physically exhausted just from carrying it this week.

Mw says babe is abt 7.5lbs; I am scared of it getting bigger---I'm only 5' and abt 100lbs when not pg; I don't want to birth a ten pounder!!

I'm really hoping to hear birth updates from the moms who have been absent on this thread the last few days!

#193 of 285 Old 07-29-2010, 11:56 AM

I think my water nay have broken last night while I was asleep. I'm having a very slow leak of pink-tinged fluid. But still no contractions. I have an OB appt and an NST appt today--I hope I won't need to go!

Wife to a wonderful dh and mom to four beautiful kiddos, dd (3/04):, ds1 (1/06), ds2 (10/08), and ds3 (7/10)
#194 of 285 Old 07-29-2010, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craft_media_hero View Post
Nothing nothing nothing yesterday. Will I ever have this baby? Starting to feel physically exhausted just from carrying it this week.
Oh my gosh, me too! I said to DP last night, I'm just so much more exhausted the last couple of days! And really, I didn't think I *could* get more exhausted! My parents just left an hour ago to go back home, so they will not be here for the birth If they're lucky (which they usually aren't when it comes to work schedules) they'll come in for the weekend when my sis is here the 20/21st. Then we're planning to go see both of our families for Labor Day weekend. Otherwise, all is the same - lots of baby movement/kicks and nothing else.

Good luck ledzepplon!!

#195 of 285 Old 07-29-2010, 01:49 PM

Still thinking of you ladies! It is hard to wait when you are tired and excited but keep your heads up- you have a gift to bring you baby in the world when they are ready. I wish I had that chance!
#196 of 285 Old 07-29-2010, 05:32 PM

for all of us!!

I had lots of good action last evening and thought I'd wake up in real labor, but no. Good night's sleep though. I have had a ton of energy the last few days, which I really hope is nesting! In fact, I've had more energy in the last two days than I have in the last 2 months or more. We are going to a campground this weekend about an hour away, so it wouldn't be the best time to go into labor. I sure hope that means I will. I am trying so hard not to be impatient, but I don't think I can stand carrying this baby much longer!

Angel, teaches Psych, married to Martin, chiropractor since 06/25/05 , Mama to DS, Quinn 7/11/07 and DD, Eliza 8/2/10 :
#197 of 285 Old 07-29-2010, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdocmartin View Post
for all of us!!
We are going to a campground this weekend about an hour away, so it wouldn't be the best time to go into labor. I sure hope that means I will.

Probably so! Wouldn't that be great! Maybe I should plan a last minute camping trip with dh just because that would pretty much insure that I'd go into labor this weekend.

Neona, I'm right there with you. I'm just more tired from doing every day activities. Still being pretty productive and nest-y around the house but needing a nap (really unusual for me) and just TIRED.

My baby is moving noticeably less. Still kicking a healthy amount, but I've definitely noticed a slow-down. Hoping if the lo runs out of room, it will decide to BRING IT ON!

So if anything, I'm actually experiencing LESS labor signs. Wth? I'm sorry, but come on! For a few days there I was having ouchy ctx, then the plug, and now it's like none of that ever happened and nothing else is happening either :cry I'm trying to let go of expectations, stay cool, but I am frustrated.

I know due dates are BS, I know, I know. But I FEEL like this baby is full term and I FEEL like the longer we go the more likely for complications . . . it's really still too early to worry about that, though.

So I'm working on being in the moment and letting go of expectations!

#198 of 285 Old 07-29-2010, 09:50 PM

My cervix feels flat and I think I'm 4 cm. Since I got out of the pool this afternoon, I keep getting these pains in my cervix that stop me from walking, and in my right thigh, like I've pulled a muscle or something. Maybe his head is pinching a nerve? I went to yoga last night so maybe I pulled something? He's moving like crazy and has hiccups. He was super super quiet yesterday. I have no idea when labor is going to kick in full force, but I'm glad to quietly do all this dilating without conscious effort! Maybe tonight? Please? Would love to have my baby in July : )

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

#199 of 285 Old 07-30-2010, 02:27 AM

Mataji4, I hope it's happening for you now! I'm still in loooong early labor, hoping to meet baby in the wee hours of tomorrow, but we shall see.

Wife to a wonderful dh and mom to four beautiful kiddos, dd (3/04):, ds1 (1/06), ds2 (10/08), and ds3 (7/10)
#200 of 285 Old 07-30-2010, 04:17 AM

#201 of 285 Old 07-30-2010, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzepplon View Post
Mataji4, I hope it's happening for you now! I'm still in loooong early labor, hoping to meet baby in the wee hours of tomorrow, but we shall see.
I'm pretty sure I'm in early labor, too. Ctx since 5 pm. Still 6-7 mins apart but getting painful and lots of bloody show. Today is my
due date. How cool would that be!

Good luck ledzeppolon and mataji! Let's make July 30 a multiple baby day

Amy (34): mommy to DD1 (11/07) and DD2 (7/10), wife, wohm, and wannabe suburban homesteader.
#202 of 285 Old 07-30-2010, 03:29 PM

nothing here this morning except that i'm much more uncomfortable in my body. which makes moving and cleaning and keeping busy with activities much much harder so i don't know what i'm supposed to do. walked a mile yesterday morning and last night, which at the time felt good but maybe it was too much for my poor worn out pelvis.

i got teary when i ready that craft_media_hero was in labor. isn't that just pitiful?!

#203 of 285 Old 07-30-2010, 03:38 PM

Quote:
i got teary when i ready that craft_media_hero was in labor. isn't that just pitiful?!
mataji - EVERYTHING is making me teary lately! I'm so glad her labor started. And so jealous. I'm so physically tired, and so emotionally tired. Doesn't my baby know it's supposed to be here already?! How much more could it possibly need to cook in there?! Maybe it's waiting for its step-sibling to be here? Yeah, maybe that's it. Isn't it funny how we have to give reasons for things?

People keep saying 'no baby yet?!' Um no. Do you think I would be logged into my work IM account if I was or had had the baby? I'm not even answering the FB questions. Status says still waiting and inducing on Tuesday night. Isn't that enough? I was in a good mood this morning, but now I"m cranky again. 41 +3. On the plus side, the ultrasound to check amniotic fluid and the NST afterwards both went fine. I knew it was a bad sign when I almost wanted a reason to induce today though

#204 of 285 Old 07-30-2010, 04:48 PM

Quote:
mataji - EVERYTHING is making me teary lately! I'm so glad her labor started. And so jealous. I'm so physically tired, and so emotionally tired. Doesn't my baby know it's supposed to be here already?! How much more could it possibly need to cook in there?! Maybe it's waiting for its step-sibling to be here? Yeah, maybe that's it. Isn't it funny how we have to give reasons for things?

People keep saying 'no baby yet?!' Um no. Do you think I would be logged into my work IM account if I was or had had the baby? I'm not even answering the FB questions. Status says still waiting and inducing on Tuesday night. Isn't that enough? I was in a good mood this morning, but now I"m cranky again. 41 +3. On the plus side, the ultrasound to check amniotic fluid and the NST afterwards both went fine. I knew it was a bad sign when I almost wanted a reason to induce today though
I know what you mean, and I'm not even post dates yet! I'm due tomorrow.

MW says they want to induce in a week if she's not here yet, and I'm ok with that plan. I'll go to acupuncture on Tuesday, though, and see if she can jumpstart things.

Meanwhile, my parents get here Monday (this is their only time off), so they might just be hanging out with their preggo daughter instead of meeting their first grandchild! But, they'll be here long enough that even if we have to induce, they'll be here for at least a few days.

#205 of 285 Old 07-30-2010, 05:45 PM

Went in for my first NST today and everything was fantastic, they went on about how great his little heartbeat was. Then the measured the amniotic fluid and said that I'm at like 4 cm and in such cases they automatically recommend instant induction.

I was so stunned that I didn't even really have time to gather my thoughts and ask more questions. I'm trying now to do mad internet searches about this. We are going into the hospital and I want to talk to them about this.

This is my second pd baby--dd was 15 days late and she was absolutely fine. I'm angry when I think they might be trying to convince me to do something that isn't necessary and I'm terrified of the induction itself (the pain of a Pitocin-induced labor) but I'm also scared that the risks of low amniotic fluid are genuinely serious and that I should be worried about the baby.

I'm finding conflicting information and I don't really have much time to decide. We are going in with lots of questions for the midwife and I hope that she can answer them to our satisfaction.

Hugs to you all.

Mama to a beautiful girl since May 2007 and a beautiful boy since August 2010! :
#206 of 285 Old 07-30-2010, 05:46 PM

I said I don't really have time to decide but the truth is I do, actually--I can refuse anything I want. It just goes back to if I think the baby is at a real risk if we wait any longer. I'm just tired and want to be done being pregnant and not to have to worry like this.

#207 of 285 Old 07-30-2010, 06:32 PM

Oh LaSombra! I'm sorry to hear that! My MW also told us last week that if the fluid was too low they would strongly recommend inducing right away. I honestly don't remember the reasons (I don't remember most things these days). I hope you get answers to comfort you!

violet - my parents just left yesterday after being here 5 days without getting to see their first grandchild. That was the only time I seriously thought of inducing for convenience (not saying that's what you're doing), but ultimately decided against.

#208 of 285 Old 07-30-2010, 06:34 PM

Drink more water LaSombra!! Amniotic fluid is replaced every few hours.

I just made more of those spicy labor cookies. And chocolate chocolate chip ones too!

#209 of 285 Old 07-30-2010, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Drink more water LaSombra!! Amniotic fluid is replaced every few hours.

I just made more of those spicy labor cookies. And chocolate chocolate chip ones too!
Thank you mamas for your support! Oh, mataji4--I drank SOOOO much water this am in preparation for the test, hours before and up the moment of the test. It was still a 4.3 or something.

We have a long list of questions to ask the midwife now that I've had more time to collect myself. But I have no idea how satisfactorily she'll answer them since she clearly is in favor of the induction.

Wish me luck! And lots of luck and strength to all of you, too! xoxo

#210 of 285 Old 07-30-2010, 07:42 PM

LaSombra: How frustrating! I hate it when I feel I don't have time to get the info to make an informed decision. I suppose it comes back to how much you trust your providers. I'd probably just go along, since low amnion is a big deal, but I understand wanting to look it all up adn have time to process.

Good luck!!

Quote:

violet - my parents just left yesterday after being here 5 days without getting to see their first grandchild. That was the only time I seriously thought of inducing for convenience (not saying that's what you're doing), but ultimately decided against.

neonalee: Yeah, it's difficult, as they only get ten days or so here, but, like you, I wouldn't induce for scheduling reasons. I was surprised my MW won't let me go to 42, though -- I thought she has said before they would. But I'm ok with the 41 limit, since I'm am old woman.. Do I remember that you're 37 as well?

Hope our babies show up naturally, and soon.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page