The NEW "Still Waiting" Thread! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-19-2010, 08:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Suggested by Surfacing, I thought it was a great idea

I'm officially due today or tomorrow, depending on which midwife is asked

Who else is still here? Feel free to talk about symptoms, prelabor signs, lack thereof, any range of emotions tied to any one of the above, and/or talk about NOTHING related to labor if that is preferred

Congrats on all the babies who've arrived...now on to our new thread

GOOD moms let their kids lick the beaters. GREAT moms turn off the mixer first!
Humanist Woman Wife , & Friend Plus Mama to 6 (3 mos, 2, 9, 13, 17, 20)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2010, 09:01 PM

We're due July 31, so I may be waiting a while yet.

I'm still really tired and fairly nesty, and now that the baby has dropped I'm fighting the urge to waddle.

Get BH now and then -- much more if I drink RRL tea. I definitely can't wait to meet my baby, but I still have a few things to wrap up at work, so I'm trying to do those posthaste.

Old 07-19-2010, 09:28 PM

I'm still here!

I was due on the 17th. I'm feeling pretty good physically...had some bad hormonal surges for awhile where I'd suddenly feel really nauseous then have a bad hot flash. I started drinking RRL tea a lot and taking lots of walks and that's seemed to help a bunch.

I think overall, I'm feeling like I just want to get on with my life iykwim. The anticipation is really hard to deal with. It could happen tonight, or 2 weeks from now...who knows?!

My MIL is flying in on Wednesday to help take care of everyone. I'm really looking forward to not have to worry about dinner or keeping things clean etc for awhile! My own mother ditched me so I'm really grateful for dh's mom to be stepping in.

Enjoying life with DH since 05/04 and our two boys Oliver 02/07 and Theodore 07/10 

Old 07-19-2010, 09:43 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Subbing to the new thread. I am still here. Somewhere between 39 and 40 weeks depending on who's date you go by and feeling quite expectant. I am kind of at the "I may be pregnant forever" point. We are going out to eat tonight and everyone on my birth team has previous engagements in the morning so I'm hoping that's enough to kick me in

Larissa, mom to my 3 girls (07/10), (05/02), and (09/98)
Old 07-19-2010, 10:01 PM

I'm 39 weeks tomorrow and feeling good. I feel depressed and sad and overly emotional at times, which is a bit of a bummer- just anxiety playing out I think. Effaced but only 2ish cm dilated and though I'm noticing more BH contractions, there's not been any prodromal labor or bouts where I wondered if labor was coming. Still waiting for the good stuff!

I'm feeling pretty excited that I only have a week or two to go, don't think I'll go much past my due date as I haven't before (but who knows). I'm expecting baby right around due date so that's pretty soon!!!

Made my belly cast today- we're going to hang all five up and take a picture of them tomorrow. I'll post it.

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

Old 07-19-2010, 10:06 PM

I'm here! I was due the 15th so (by Korea time) I'm 40+5 today. I'm about to hit the road and walk some miles. I don't even really feel anything going on at all and I can't find my cervix and baby is still OP. I figure walking is my best tool at this point.

Oliver'smom: I'm in the same boat as you. I feel good physically and I do feel emotionally well too but I'm ready to move on. I'm also ready to go home and I can't go home until I have the baby! I'm thankful to have my doula/friend to stay with and it's been fun but I miss my house and hubs and dogs and garden. No complaints though, she's awesome and doing all this walking with me, couldn't ask for a better friend!

Amy, Army wife living in S. Korea, mama to my inverted t c/s baby 04.05.08 and my VBAC with inverted t baby 07.24.10
Old 07-19-2010, 10:31 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, a holding pattern is exactly what it feels like! DH can't take a ton of jobs right now because he'd have to cancel them when we go into labor, that sort of thing.

Cmonnnnnn babies!!!!!!

GOOD moms let their kids lick the beaters. GREAT moms turn off the mixer first!
Humanist Woman Wife , & Friend Plus Mama to 6 (3 mos, 2, 9, 13, 17, 20)
Old 07-19-2010, 10:43 PM

My EDD is today! So, I wouldn't lose it, I went out to get a mani/ pedi, went to lunch with DH, bought some flowers, and came home to get some zzzz's.

I've lost lots of my mucous plug since friday, and still having prodromal. Contractions are painful and waking me up daily, but petering off by mid morning and then intermittently throughout the day.

My FIL came into town on Sat. after we thought for sure I was going into full labor on friday. So now we're all just sitting watching the clock. Now I feel bad that he's here with nothing to do even though I can't help it.

I feel like my belly has expanded a lot this past week and heartburn and loss of hunger is at it's worst. After I eat I'm full for the rest of the day! Not like me, bc I'm a pretty big eater in general. Come on baby!!!!!!!

Tick tock....

Dana- wife to wonderful DH, and a non vaxed happy heathly 2 yr old!

Old 07-19-2010, 11:13 PM

I'm almost 40 weeks . . . my OB thinks my EDD is the 21, but the original EDD I've been going by is the 24th. However, all my other kids have been born around 41 weeks, so I've been trying to aim emotionally for August 1.

This is my fourth pregnancy, and although I've gotten more BH contrax in my third and fourth pregnancies, I never really go into labor until I go into LABOR. I'm feeling sooo done this time and I absolutely hate the last few weeks. I just want to meet my little one and get on with life!

Wife to a wonderful dh and mom to four beautiful kiddos, dd (3/04):, ds1 (1/06), ds2 (10/08), and ds3 (7/10)
Old 07-19-2010, 11:16 PM

I have had a migraine for 3 days and finally it is passing this evening. Youngest has been teething like a demon. I am due tomorrow...but I have had a 40 week a 41 week and a 42 week so when this one comes is nothing more then a guess. I am planning for another August Leo. I will have 3 kids with birthdays 2 weeks apart...All my kids were due within days of eachother. My first was due July 24th came the 22nd, my 2nd was due July 22nd and came Aug 5th. This one is due the 20th or 21st depending upon whom you ask. Three little Leos with golden locks and blue eyes...so much trouble.
As far as symptoms I had lots of contractions through the night with pressure down below as she tried to push her way out...lol A little bit contracting through the day but I don't count or time so who knows. I wat to get a few good nights of sleep before she comes, hopefully after her big brothers birthday so he can have a special day.

carlie~33 DP~40 mom to Cadan Riley 7/22/04, Kailin Naiya 8/05/06,, Ronen Blake12/13/08 , Rosen Blythe 7/26/10.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:23 PM

Still here!

I was due the 12th by LMP, the 14th by early ultrasound, and the 15th by my midwives giving me a few extra days. So, um, yeah READY is an understatement. I've got an ultrasound and an NST on Wednesday so I'll be hydrating up tomorrow to make sure the ultrasound doesn't find low fluid. I'm working hard on positioning with lots of hands and knees, no couch, trying not to recline, but I'm starting to think I'm going to 42 weeks like with DD. I'm not doing evening of primrose or borage right now as it seemed to react with me not so great this time. I might reconsider after Wednesday as I'm getting a little impatient. I'm not sure if I'm brave enough for castor oil or the cohoshes but I'm sure tempted . . .
Old 07-20-2010, 12:09 AM

hi! i'm here too.

i think my due date was the 10th (based on when i felt like i ovulated and early ultrasound dates).

it would have been the 8th from LMP, or the 13th from my chart temp spike, but i have some doubts about my chart due to irregular timing of temps and nursing before temping.

so the 10th + 9 days and no sign of anything other than a happy in utero baby.
ds was born 11 days past due with a much more certain EDD.
i'm comfortable, just feeling impatient.

best wishes to all!

me dh ds1 (11/04) ds2 (7/10) and
Old 07-20-2010, 12:31 AM

I had a contraction last night! And it was awesome!

DH and I were just sitting on the couch kind of relaxing and talking before bed and I'd been having lots of bh like usual in the evenings, then this one hit that felt a lot different--I had to breathe through it and felt all tingly and a lot stronger and just DIFFERENT, harder belly, lasted longer, etc. Afterward my belly felt all energized and tingly and really active. It felt GREAT!! I would take those kind of ctx--totally felt more like a "rush" in Ina May-speak. So dp and I looked at each other and figured that if those kept coming, that was it!

But they didn't. And we went to bed. Very encouraging, though, because it felt so positive and *sparkly* and really active, not painful or tense. Yay! Bring on the orgasmic birth!!

Mw visit today--I'm 1cm dilated and "pretty effaced". I know we could hang out like that for weeks, but I'm glad to know that all the "weirdness" has actually made a little progress Mw says I'm "in pre-labor" and I don't have to do anything . But I still may go into work for a few hours tomorrow to get ahead on some stuff, depending on how I feel, if there's any cramping or whatever.

carliec- my dd and this one's edd are two weeks apart too! What would a non-summer pregnancy even be like?

I'm hanging in there emotionally, staying positive. Still pretty often for no reason and don't want to be touched a lot. I feel bad about it, but my dd is driving me crazy!! She just seems extra needy and making a lot of demands that she is capable of fulfilling for herself but is making them out of insecurity? And has been saying she wishes she could nurse (6 going on 7) . . . I am really hoping this doesn't turn into a jealousy/diva thing; she can be quite dramatic and sensitive. Not really sure how to handle it--really glad dp has been spending a lot of time with her.

Happy and in love with my family!
Old 07-20-2010, 12:32 AM

I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow. We are having a homebirth and are just about ready. We have a few odds and ends we could still get, but we would be fine if baby came now. I am doing well emotionally and in no rush or hurry for labor to start. But, physically I'm getting a bit sick of the whole thing. I have some pretty bad pelvic and hip pain periodically, and now my feet are really swollen. The ankles go back down at night, but the tops of my feet stay swollen now. It is uncomfortable, but I can live with it for another week or two. I am pretty much staying home these days and haven't scheduled any appointments this week except the midwife appointment. I've having braxton hicks and LOTS of cervical pains. Today I was feeling a bit nauseous and not myself. But so far, no bloody show or mucous plug, which I'm kind of waiting for as my signal that things will be happening in a few days time. Ds was born on his due date, so I'm thinking sometime this next week, but I wouldn't be surprised if I went a few days over either.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:44 AM

Hooray for the hold-outs thread! I'm not due until the 30th, but I'm pretty sure I've started losing little bits of mucus plug. This is different than last time when I seemed to lose it all at once the day before DD was born. I'm crampy and nauseated but only having ctx when moving around a lot. I find it hard to believe I'd have her before 39.5 wks since DD1 was 40.5 wks, but who knows? I'm glad to have all this good company while waiting!

Amy (34): mommy to DD1 (11/07) and DD2 (7/10), wife, wohm, and wannabe suburban homesteader.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:58 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wow am I ever glad I suggested refreshing this topic with a new thread! Look how popular it is! I have enjoyed reading an update on where everyone is at and will log in later to update some more.

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
Old 07-20-2010, 09:28 AM

Still here too... my due date was moved up a while back but I never managed to correct it on here. Anyway, I'm 39+4 today and have my OB appt and NST at 10. At my last appt, DR said we would discuss induction because of my gestational diabetes and abnormal placenta and the risks of it turning into abruption. The type of placenta condition I have is only found in about 1% of pregnant women so I have been followed close by a peri and my reg ob. Although an induction makes me feel like I'm cheating baby out of his true time to come, I'm not taking the chance to lose him. Apparently I should be having the baby sometime at the end of the week if he doesn't come naturally.

Last night I had such severe back pain but hanging out on all 4's helped. DH couldn't keep his comments to himself and I have lost my sense of humor lately... I just stopped working FT yesterday so I can have a few days to relax- I think the pain was a mixture of contractions and exhaustion. I plan on taking many naps in the next few days!
Old 07-20-2010, 11:46 AM

I'm still here too! I am 39 weeks tomorrow, and I know I shouldn't even be impatient yet, as DS was born 42w1d with and induction, but I really want to have this baby. I have had some nights of intense-ish BH, and last night felt a really strong "squeezing" one, so I hope it will be soon. I also feel the baby really low and have a lot of stabbing in my cervix. I have no idea how I am progressing as I am not having internals due to being GBS+ and refuzing abx.

Hang in there mamas and labor vibes to us all!!

Angel, teaches Psych, married to Martin, chiropractor since 06/25/05 , Mama to DS, Quinn 7/11/07 and DD, Eliza 8/2/10 :
Old 07-20-2010, 12:55 PM

Glad we have this thread and other ladies to discuss with! I'm only 39w2d but I'm so tired of contractions that don't lead anywhere. Well.......they are leading somewhere because I'm effacing and dialating but you know what I mean Way TMI but I seriously don't know how much more mucous I can lose.......how much is there supposed to be in there? I've been losing huge chunks since Sat and was losing small chunks before that. Obviously losing mucous plug is not a sign labour is iminent for me Oh well.........best of luck to all the ladies still waiting. We'll have our babies soon!

Lana: Mama to Mya Oct/2007 and Ainsley July/2010
Old 07-20-2010, 01:55 PM

Due on the 30th, but my dd was born at 38 weeks, so I'm like "really? you are going to come later?"

I have been yelling "get out" at the belly, but that doesn't seem to be working and today is my dd's 4th birthday, so I told my dh that the "exit" is closed until she's in bed tonight :-).

I am seriously considering taking my drs offer of induction on the 26th, purely for child care/logistic purposes, our closest family is 2 hours away and my dd's labor was 3 hours, so I worry that we will be cutting it close with time, though I get torn because I am not a fan of induction, but at my last appt I was 2 cms/50% effaced, so depending on what happens on Thursday, I'll make my decision.

Its hard to get that "offer" when you are SOOOOO FREAKIN' DONE! I don't want to get to that "I don't care just get her out" stage, so I am remaining positive and am praying that maybe this weekend she decides to make an entrance. Sigh. I forgot how terrible the last few weeks are.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:05 PM

Last night I was awakened at least once an hour by hip aches and back cramps. That's so unusual for me. Usually nothing wakes me except having to pee. I couldn't exactly count them as contractions because there was no uterine squeezing, but I quite expected that to start once I got up this morning. It didn't, though the cramps persisted. I feel like something is happening. Maybe she's moving down? Since it's not going to happen today, I'd rather now wait until Friday since my mother, who is going to watch our DD while I'm in labor/hospital, has work commitments tomorrow and Thursday. I know she'd gladly skip them, but I don't want her to have to. And as silly as it may seem, I don't want to have a Wednesday baby, anyway, since Wednesday's child is "full of woe." Super silly. I know some perfectly happy and well-adjusted people who were born on a Wednesday, but I'd still prefer any other day.

Amy (34): mommy to DD1 (11/07) and DD2 (7/10), wife, wohm, and wannabe suburban homesteader.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:37 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Sigh. Add me to the list. I'm due today. And NOTHING is going on here. Absolutely no sign of impending labor at all. Although I totally knew mentally for the whole time it could be "anytime" before/after/whatever, ... I kinda feel, idk, irritated? Like, I expected it would've happened already. I too have told my belly - come out already! I'm still working full time, but from home. I wouldn't mind taking maybe 1 or 2 of my vaca days, but what if baby doesn't come for 2 more weeks!? Also, I agree that induction is not preferred, but my parents only time off from work starts the 27th and they live out of town. What if I'm still pregnant then? Add to that some typical complaints - bad heartburn again, carpel tunnel so my right hand is always numb or tingly, swollen feet, lack of sleep. I know I have it pretty easy, but I'm DONE. I hate this holding pattern and I too want to move on.

COME OUT!!

Loving mama to Aden (8/5/2010) and DSD (15).
Old 07-20-2010, 04:25 PM

I keep reminding myself that there is a reason baby isn't coming now. Perhaps it's waiting for the stars to align a certain way, maybe it's not in position for birth yet. So trying to start something up or induce, naturally or with drugs, could be damaging spiritually or physically make things more difficult. Babies choose their birthdates for a reason (unless circumstances make it so we have to for their sake). I will not eat a dozen of those labor cookies today : )

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

Old 07-20-2010, 05:12 PM

I'd love to join the club and have enjoyed reading how everyone is doing! I'm due the 24th, but have had a few nights over the past 2 weeks of cramping and painful BHs. Today I've been very crampy, but no bloody show or anything else to speak of! DD was born early with an induction due to placenta issues, so I can't compare.

Full Moon on Monday! Maybe that will bring us all labor!

Overall I am comfortable, but feel really big. I'm still working, but will probably stop next week if no baby has appeared!

Theoretica, I LOVE your "beater" line in your signature. It always cracks me up.

Crazybean I'm sorry your placenta isn't cooperating. I had placenta/cord issues with DD and it was hard. Wishing you the best!

Dana76 what a great day you planned! Maybe I'll do that on Saturday! lovely!!!

HAPPY LABOR VIBES!!!

mama to dd 2x Our sweet boy is here! 7/27
Old 07-20-2010, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mataji4 View Post
I keep reminding myself that there is a reason baby isn't coming now. Perhaps it's waiting for the stars to align a certain way, maybe it's not in position for birth yet. So trying to start something up or induce, naturally or with drugs, could be damaging spiritually or physically make things more difficult. Babies choose their birthdates for a reason (unless circumstances make it so we have to for their sake). I will not eat a dozen of those labor cookies today : )
As hard as it sometimes is to be patient, I agree. It was a wonderful feeling knowing that DD1 was able to choose her birthday all on her own. That's so rare anymore, and I think it sets a supportive precendent for the parent-child relationship. Like you said, there are times when medical emergencies make it impossible to wait, but luckily, that's pretty rare.

Old 07-20-2010, 06:19 PM

still here today . . . still pregnant . . . getting discouraged. Tomorrow will be my 41 week scan & NST (standard at my midwives), so I'm trying to focus on getting to see the baby but it's hard. Last night I really thought it was the real deal--lots of super hard contractions but they were all over the map timing wise and died off after an argument with DH and my mom, AND I woke up today pretty convinced that the baby has moved into some new awkward posterior position after all my positioning work which is a little discouraging. The argument is resolved (sort of) and I'm trying to lower my stress level today back to normal to help. My doula is coming over in a bit to help with positioning and try a bit of rebozo action. She thinks the rebozo might kick things up a notch. Dearly hoping so.

Thanks for listening! Loving this thread!
Old 07-20-2010, 07:12 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Loving you and leaving you ladies!

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
Old 07-20-2010, 07:22 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mataji4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyKT View Post
As hard as it sometimes is to be patient, I agree. It was a wonderful feeling knowing that DD1 was able to choose her birthday all on her own. That's so rare anymore, and I think it sets a supportive precendent for the parent-child relationship. Like you said, there are times when medical emergencies make it impossible to wait, but luckily, that's pretty rare.
I agree 100%. It's just soooo hard! Also, I went from apparently thinking subconsciously that of course the baby would be here before now, to feeling like I'm going to hit the 42 week mark and have to "make decisions"! I wish I could spare the vacation to stop working and at least get rid of that stress.

Loving mama to Aden (8/5/2010) and DSD (15).
Old 07-20-2010, 08:16 PM

Had my 40 week today all is well. I walked to the Birth Center today. Woke up at 5 am and laid there tell 6 am when my eldest awoke so we snuck out for breakfast at IHOP so Dad and the others could sleep in. I wore the wrong shoes for the walk and was miserable despite the nice cool morning. Lucky it is only a 15 minute walk. Nothing in the way of contractions worth mentioning but I do feel like she is on her way shortly. The midwife made the same comment that I looked ready...lol I am at peace and not rushed but well see how I feel at 41 weeks...lol

carlie~33 DP~40 mom to Cadan Riley 7/22/04, Kailin Naiya 8/05/06,, Ronen Blake12/13/08 , Rosen Blythe 7/26/10.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:53 PM

Still here too! DD is 29th and I am thinking I'll go past that. I am SO done being pg. I have been really grumpy and not the parent I want to be with DS, especially when he doesn't nap. Heartburn is irritating but am still going to the pool and loving that!

DS is 4!
DD 8/10/10!

User Tag List