Gift for midwife? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 07-21-2010, 10:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK, would like some feedback on this idea:

I want to give my midwives a gift, but I can't really afford that much (I still have to finish paying off the birth...). I'm also not that good about knowing what's a nice kind of thing to give.

I was thinking to print and frame Hathor the Cowgoddess's "BirthsMart" series (she'll send you a PDF for $1) for them to hang up in the office somewhere (don't know where )

http://www.thecowgoddess.com/categor...series/page/3/
http://www.thecowgoddess.com/categor...series/page/2/
http://www.thecowgoddess.com/categor...series/page/1/

But on one hand do you think the comics are too close to the truth that they might hurt instead of being funny? And is it a weird kind of thing to give?

Any other ideas?

Loads of blessings, and learning on the job.
run.gif 

#2 of 2 Old 07-22-2010, 10:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I love these comics! But they are indeed infuriating and leave me with a feeling of rage. Ahh, the medical system...don't get me started!

Anyway, they might be a good gift, but I agree with you that they might also be offensive, or probably just saddening to women who have gone through these experiences. I probably wouldn't pick them as a gift for that reason, but also because my midwives' office is FULL of pictures/knicknacks/statues/mementos that they have no more room for. Perhaps your midwives' office is different.

I'm giving the whole office some sort of sugary decadent treat (someone else on this board suggested a cake or cupcakes). Being a nurse, I sure love when my patients bring treats for the floor so everyone can share them, and there's nothing like chocolate to perk you up during a long shift. Plus, it's eaten, so nothing to store or find room for in the end.

A + J = Miriam (November 2006) and Raymond (June 2010)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page