Quotes from the new siblings! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-22-2010, 04:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Since our babe was born, my almost-6 yr old DS has kept us in stitches with his hilarious comments. Here are some of my faves:

"Sorry, Baby, I don't got breasts. But I do got muscles!"

Playing Rock, Paper, Scissors with the baby: "It's easy to beat him because he always does rock."

Holding baby: "Mommy, can you take him off me, he's squishing me. But I would hold him all day long if I had to."

"His nostrils are so tiny--I don't think he'd be able to stick his fingre in there." ( an important consideration for a 5 year old boy!)

This one is from DD, from when DS1 was born. She was 2 years old. She sat down on the couch with her baby doll, lifted up her shirt to nurse her, and said in a shocked voice, "Where boobies go?! GONE!"

How about you--do you have any funnies to add?

Marja: consensual-living, unschooling, piano-teaching, doula and mom to 3 creative, independent people:
DD, 8, DS, 6, and Baby DS born July 1, 2010 Married to DH for 10 years!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2010, 04:44 PM - Thread Starter

Forgot to add:

He calls nursing 'milking'. As in, "Is he done milking yet?" and "Are you going to milk him now?"

Marja: consensual-living, unschooling, piano-teaching, doula and mom to 3 creative, independent people:
Old 07-22-2010, 05:02 PM

So cute!

DS is just starting to talk (19 mos), so I don't have much except he calls her "sisser" instead of "Maaahhie" (Maggie). It's pretty cute to us. Of course, he keeps calling DH "mama"...so he's a bit confused on names in general!
Old 07-22-2010, 05:08 PM

Ok, Baby isn't here yet, but anyway, I have a quote.

Bear in mind this is my first baby, and I also have 2 wonderful stepchildren who visit us on major holidays and over the summer, and we work hard to make sure they feel like part of the family.

So, DSS (9) says: "Well, after this one you're not going to have another baby, are you? I mean, you'll already have 3 kids!"

Old 07-22-2010, 05:14 PM

I don't have my baby yet but yesterday I was doing a bit of shopping with DD and in the middle of Wal Mart she put her hands on my stomach and started yelling "Hey Baby, you get out" "Baby you get out". Last night she asked me "Mom.......you having that baby soon?"........I hope so

Lana: Mama to Mya Oct/2007 and Ainsley July/2010
Old 07-22-2010, 05:22 PM

My 8 year old the other day told my mom, "Hi Nana, my moms boobs leak". As she was coming into our house.

Aimee Blessed Momma to 4 amazing boys, P ~ 9 H ~ 7 J ~ 4 and B ~ 1.  Happily married to D Living my almost dream life on an urban homestead, hoping for our forever land to find us soon!

Old 07-22-2010, 05:28 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mummy marja View Post
"Sorry, Baby, I don't got breasts. But I do got muscles!"

Playing Rock, Paper, Scissors with the baby: "It's easy to beat him because he always does rock."

Holding baby: "Mommy, can you take him off me, he's squishing me. But I would hold him all day long if I had to."

"His nostrils are so tiny--I don't think he'd be able to stick his fingre in there." ( an important consideration for a 5 year old boy!)
So funny because we play rock, paper, scissors at our house too. So cute.

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
Old 07-22-2010, 05:53 PM

The first time my dd held the new baby she smiled up at me and said "she's real". It was the sweetest thing!

married to DH for eleven years Mama to dd1 1/30/07 and dd2 7/12/10
Old 07-22-2010, 06:00 PM

No baby here yet either, but these stories are the cutest.

Last week we were at Chipotle for lunch. DD (4 and a half) leaned back in her chair, put her hand on her tummy and said, "Oh man, I'm havin' a contraction."

We just received our birth pool a couple days ago so DD has been all into exploring it. She helped me test it out and we propped up pillows and blankets until it was comfy. That night I commented to DP that I was having a contraction (a BH) and DD says, "Well, get in the birth tub then!!!" As if she was annoyed that I even mentioned it when what I should have been doing was hopping right in and pushing out a baby.

Happily unmarried to DP guitar.gifParenting: DD (March '06) energy.gifwaterbirth.jpg, DS (August '10) fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg, and our furry kids dog2.gifGuiney Pig, dog2.gifPo the POlice, and cat.gifMrs. Puff. Loving WAHM life in the Mortgage Bizz with DP.

Old 07-22-2010, 06:56 PM

These are great!

Our best heart-melting quote from our 7yo, after meeting Wylie the first time: "My eyes are like magnets to Wylie."

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
Old 07-22-2010, 07:38 PM

My 7-year-old stepdaughter met her brother briefly Tuesday, before leaving for a vacation with her maternal grandparents.

She had gone back and forth before he came, but then she said after meeting him, "I didn't know this, but I loved him before I even met him."

ProtoLawyer (the now-actual lawyer, this isn't legal advice,  please don't take legal advice from some anonymous yahoo on the Internet)
Spouse (the political geek) * Stepdaughter (the artist) * and introducing...the Baby (um, he's a baby? He likes shiny things).
Old 07-22-2010, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoLawyer View Post
My 7-year-old stepdaughter met her brother briefly Tuesday, before leaving for a vacation with her maternal grandparents.

She had gone back and forth before he came, but then she said after meeting him, "I didn't know this, but I loved him before I even met him."
awww....

Old 07-22-2010, 08:23 PM

My 5 yo has been professing his love like 100x a day. he keeps showing her his art projects and his lego creations. I wub it!
Posted via Mobile Device

~Heather, loving my DH and DS with my whole heart. Our newest addition DD July '10
Old 07-22-2010, 08:33 PM

My DS (3 years old) walked around for the first two days saying "Baby Eli is SO cute, I think we can keep him."
Old 07-22-2010, 09:44 PM

These are adorable! No babe here yet, but my 2yo waddles and holds her back while she's walking :eyeroll

GOOD moms let their kids lick the beaters. GREAT moms turn off the mixer first!
Humanist Woman Wife , & Friend Plus Mama to 6 (3 mos, 2, 9, 13, 17, 20)
Old 07-22-2010, 10:41 PM

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
NAK

Aww!! Those are adorable!

My 4.5 year-old just keep saying "He's so CUTE, I just love him!" with the "cute" being a high-pitched squeal. And he kisses him as many times as he can get away with before I shove his head away from my little nursling (the babe is always on the boob, lol).

Wife to since '98; Homeschooling, just completed my doctorate & becoming crunchier by the day; Mom to DSs: 06/10,12/05, & 1/99 & 1 on the way (3/15)
Old 07-22-2010, 11:41 PM

Those are HILARIOUS!!!

Weirdo Mama to amazing Aurelia, age 9 & Ember Roslyn, age 3!
Old 07-23-2010, 12:45 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
These are so awesome! I just read the whole thread to DP. We especially got a kick out of the "baby come out" in Wal-Mart, as we've been saying that for days. Proto, so glad to hear it went well with your DSD, we're hoping for the same.

Loving mama to Aden (8/5/2010) and DSD (15).
Old 07-23-2010, 02:08 AM

Great news Proto!

These are all so hilarious!

Dd2 walked around telling people she had a baby in her belly too.

The girls giggle when they see their baby brother nursing... or doing anything, really. Dd1 says she's sooo happy she has a baby brother.

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
Old 07-23-2010, 01:37 PM

Since the little sister was born nearly 3 weeks ago my 3 year old has been showering her with hugs and saying: "I love him" <we're working on the pronoun lol> and "can I see him?" "what's he doing?

And when we correct him he says "oh yeah hims a girl...so she!"

He also says that she came from a rainbow. He pokes at my belly button and says "he came! he came!"

My 7 year old is less affectionate but gives her little shy kisses and says he thinks she's great and beautiful.

The funniest thing was when I was trying to do something one handed for him and struggling he said "why don't you just keep her in that black thing <meaning the Moby> and then you can do everything right and faster!?"

homeschooling, breastfeeding, cosleeping mama to ds1(7), ds2(3) and dd(3 months)
Old 07-23-2010, 01:43 PM

Oh, man. I LOVE this thread! Keep the cuteness coming, mamas!

Wife to a wonderful dh and mom to four beautiful kiddos, dd (3/04):, ds1 (1/06), ds2 (10/08), and ds3 (7/10)
Old 07-23-2010, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by megincl View Post
These are great!

Our best heart-melting quote from our 7yo, after meeting Wylie the first time: "My eyes are like magnets to Wylie."
So sweet!

And Proto, what your DSD said brought tears to my eyes--that is the best.

Also love the girl who said, "She's real."

Old 07-26-2010, 03:47 AM

Today dd1 was remarking about the fact that ds and I are nursing.all.the.time. She called him King Booby. It reminded me of when dd2 was born and we used to call her Contessa von Boobalot. We decided ds should be called Sir Milkalot.

Old 07-26-2010, 10:29 PM

my 6 1/2 year old dd says, "mama, why is she already practicing to be a pirate?"
because when dd#2 is nursing the booby eye squints shut...argh !

ds, 16 years old, opens freezer and promptly shuts the door saying," really mom, really? Is that what I think it is? What if I wanted chicken and accidentally defrosted it?" It being Jillian's placenta!

Nursing student, (LAST SEMESTER!!!)Cloth diapering, cosleeping, breastfeeding mama to 4!!!
Old 07-27-2010, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frolick16 View Post
ds, 16 years old, opens freezer and promptly shuts the door saying," really mom, really? Is that what I think it is? What if I wanted chicken and accidentally defrosted it?" It being Jillian's placenta!
BWAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

As a parent of a 16yo I can totally identify with this conversation

HILARIOUS!

GOOD moms let their kids lick the beaters. GREAT moms turn off the mixer first!
Humanist Woman Wife , & Friend Plus Mama to 6 (3 mos, 2, 9, 13, 17, 20)
Old 07-27-2010, 04:52 AM

These are great!!

When I was visiting my mom her foster daughter (4) was looking strangely at my belly so I said "my belly is big because there is a baby inside." She looked at me shocked and replied " Oh My Gawd, You Ate It?!" haha, I almost peed myself laughing.

Likes a little crunch with occasional sogginess~Misty,Mama to L1, L2, L3, L4,L5 and Loving J!
Old 07-28-2010, 10:44 PM

my DD's have both commented seperately
"Being a mom is hard", and
"having a baby is hard work"
.. glad that some things are getting through to them.

and when the baby was a day or two old, my DD2 was sitting on my bed with me when the baby pooped the first time that she heard it (he poops really loud).. she goes out on the porch off my bedroom, and yells to the neighbour kid across the street ..

"Hey Otis!!OUR BABY JUST POOPED!!"
Old 07-29-2010, 12:43 AM

these are funny. Yesterday Mya was holding Ainsley and she lifted up her shirt and said "You think she's thirsty for my boobies?"

Lana: Mama to Mya Oct/2007 and Ainsley July/2010
Old 07-29-2010, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majazama View Post
DD2 was sitting on my bed with me when the baby pooped the first time that she heard it (he poops really loud).. she goes out on the porch off my bedroom, and yells to the neighbour kid across the street ..

"Hey Otis!!OUR BABY JUST POOPED!!"

Today I was snuggling dd2 to sleep while dd1 was in her bed. In the dark, dd1 suddenly announces, "I think our family is much happier now that we have a baby. It's so much more fun."

Sometimes she gets cross that we are busy with the baby (well, esp. me who is always nursing or changing diapers or protecting his sleep).... "Why do YOU get to have all the fun?" Meanwhile dh and I are sleep deprived and I have sore nipples and sore shoulder muscles and sensory overload with the other boisterous kids and and and.... Gotta love that she loves her baby brother though.

Old 07-29-2010, 11:55 AM

My 3 year old is always wanting to snuggle and touch the baby...sometimes it's too much.

Cute quote: someone had given us a gift of a little onesie outfit with a little matching skirt to go over it. I had dd in the onesie part and hsbd said put the skirt on her...see what the whole outfit looks like.

I did and my 3 year old just jumped up and said "look she's a ballet." And then called excitedly to big brother. "Look she's a ballet!!!" He was beside himself about it!!!

homeschooling, breastfeeding, cosleeping mama to ds1(7), ds2(3) and dd(3 months)

User Tag List