Mothering Forum banner

Amynf1 HWBAC after Inverted T!

741 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  jessica_anne010 
#1 ·
I'm Amy's doula here just to report that Amy had her baby yesterday at 8:10pm on July 24, 2010 Korea time.

Baby girl was born at my home in the water and is gorgeous! The birth story is incredible, I will let her share the details and baby name, but I will say that almost anywhere else in the world, she would have had a c-section or at the very least, a very managed hospital birth. She was dilated to 10cm from the night of July 23 to the afternoon of the 24 before they finally broke her water and then she got "pushy". They waited because mother and baby looked fine and baby was in a funky position.

Mama was strong and roared her baby out. After we discovered that the baby was a girl, I played baby girl the song Amy and I had played a few days earlier when Amy finally decided a girls name. Baby latched well and nurse despite Amy having to lay flat while dealing with the placenta and bleeding. I fed everyone chocolate covered strawberries, something that Amy had wanted to make as an early labor project, but didn't end up wanting to do when in labor so my husband made them. Then, baby girl got mad and wanted to be upright so I had the honor and privilege of holding her in the Moby where she went to sleep. Amy is in trouble because baby girl definitely has Mama's spunk and she loves the Moby. Amy will be sweating her butt off here in Korea in the Moby!

She transferred to the hospital afterward for monitoring for retained placenta, but this was not unexpected due to her c-section scar type and placenta location. The doctor will see her this morning and they will decide whether to extract the placenta (if it didn't pass overnight) or send her back to my house for continued monitoring. (She lives 2 hours outside of Seoul which is why she birthed at my house and not her own).

I showed Daddy how to wrap baby girl in the Moby and when I left them, she was sleeping peacefully. I don't think Amy has internet access at the hospital but I am sure she will post when she can.

She and I have been preparing for this birth since conception. I had my VBAC in 2009 and I think I've prepared more for this birth than my own!

Update: The doctor came to see her Sunday morning and the placenta was still in, but bleeding was normal and there are no signs of infection so she's coming back to my house this afternoon and will be monitored daily until the placenta comes out, she shows signs of infection or they decide to extract the placenta.

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow, thanks so much for filling us in. Congratulations and best wishes to Amy, I hope everything goes smoothly from here on out and she can get out of the hospital asap. Welcome baby girl!
Posted via Mobile Device

#5 ·
That is wonderful news! I just had my HBAC the day before Amy and it sure is an amazing experience. Congratulations!

#6 ·
NAK

How wonderful to hear an update! I am soooo happy for Amy that she got her HBAC. It sounds like she REALLY worked for it. I am in awe of her strength (sitting in transition from PM 23rd to afternoon 24th
). I am also in awe of the patience and faith her doctor showed in letting the birth process unfold.
That's amazing.

I'm eager to hear more updates when available.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.