Mothering Forum banner

Induction gone wrong but I have my baby!

1K views 17 replies 16 participants last post by  neonalee 
#1 ·
So I was induced with my first.. from starting the IV to his appearance int he world, it was less than 5 hrs... with this one.. not so much...

I got started at 630am on 7-24.. baby's heartbeat was great... I slowly started to dialate.. felt great.. worked through contractions until about 4-5 cm... got the epidural... by 1 I felt heavy pressure asked the nurse to take a look earlier than expected and I was 10cm with a butt and testies in plain view- apparently he had turned breech part way through the week. SOOOOOOOO... off to an emergency c-section I went.. at 158 he was delivered and dh followed him and wouldn't leave his side. I remained in the OR for another 2 hrs because during the incision, he cut my bladder by accident. So, he had that plus the regular to fix. I wanted my baby so bad but they wouldn't bring him until about 4pm and I couldn't tell DH because he was with him. So here I was in a room all alone and in severe pain.. finally he gets in and I'm able to put him to the breast. He nurses like a champ even though we have a bad latch that we are working on with a consultant. Anyway, I'm still in severe pain with no other updates.. he was 7lbs 11oz and 20 in long.. we are working on a name and I hope to never have another c-section!

#3 ·
Oh, hon! Congratulations on the arrival of your precious little boy!
I'm so sorry to hear that you are in pain from a c-section.

When you were at a 10 and they saw bottom bits, did they say why a vaginal birth was not an option?

I hope that you feel better very soon and are able to enjoy each minute with your cuddly baby.

#8 ·
Sorry about your surgery mishap. Too bad they didn't let him just come out breech.

Congratulations on your healthy baby boy!!

#9 ·
oh bummer you think they would have checked that before inducing you. jeez..I would have just pushed that baby out...lol I am glad babe is well and wish you a speedy recovery.

#12 ·
They didn't let me deliver vag because with each contraction at the end, his HR dropped to the 50-60's and was slow to rebound. Dr also was worried about how big his head could be and didn't want him stuck in the canal with no other option :-/

Thanks for the congrats... I'm working on breastfeeding and that is really painful for me at the moment... off to that forum I go!

#13 ·
I hope the breastfeeding goes better soon! My daughter was in a wonky position during her birth and we had very painful nursing until we took her to a gentle chiropractor with lots of experience with babies--first nursing after adjustment (doctor did CST) was night and day different.

So sorry that the birth wasn't what you had hoped for--I hope you have lots of support!

#14 ·
Crazybean
What did you say when you found out he damaged your bladder as well? Man, I am p.o.-ed for you. I'm sorry you had to lie there in pain as well, waiting for your baby and dh to come to you.

I hope you have some good help for the nursing and will have a chance to heal up. Is your dh going to be off for awhile to help? Who is looking after your first while you are recovering?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.