HWBA inverted t c/s WOW!!!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 07-25-2010, 09:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi mamas!!

So I see that my doula and best friend ever has updated that I had my baby

Stella Rose was born less than 36 hours ago and her placenta was born about 7 hours ago. Her birth story is a wild ride of mental and physical stamina, belief, patience, confidence and love. Here's a link, enjoy!!!

I hope you are all doing well and that those of you still waiting on your babies are hanging in ok. Thank you for sharing this journey!!!

Amy, Army wife living in S. Korea, mama to my inverted t c/s baby 04.05.08 and my VBAC with inverted t baby 07.24.10
#2 of 23 Old 07-25-2010, 09:28 PM

WOW and Congrats Amy and Welcome Stella!!

DS is 4!
DD 8/10/10!
#3 of 23 Old 07-25-2010, 09:53 PM

I just read your birth story. WOW, WOW, WOW. You are incredible. I love you. I love your birth team, I agree--it sounds like you had the best possible group of people around you.

Congratulations! I am just so happy and amazed after reading your story.

Marja: consensual-living, unschooling, piano-teaching, doula and mom to 3 creative, independent people:
DD, 8, DS, 6, and Baby DS born July 1, 2010 Married to DH for 10 years!
#4 of 23 Old 07-25-2010, 09:57 PM

Oh my goodness!!

You are one tough and determined mama! Way to go Whew!! Good job and congratulations!

I am @ your son repeating your "choice phrase" that's funny.

I had to come back to add that your doctor is a super hero in my book! Along with the rest of your team. I am AMAZED at his patience and understanding, wow.

Happy and in love with my family!
#5 of 23 Old 07-25-2010, 10:18 PM

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so impressed by your patience and perseverence, but also that of your birth team! Way to go strong mama! And a big welcome to your cooperative baby Stella!!

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

#6 of 23 Old 07-25-2010, 11:04 PM

Wow Amy, thanks for sharing your story, I was so impressed by you and your team. Congrats again and welcome Stella Rose, what a wonderful name!

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#7 of 23 Old 07-26-2010, 04:01 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
OMG I am in AWE of you and your birth team!!! I am in awe that Dr C. was willing to wait, that his experience and expertise, along with the experience and expertise of the MW, that they were so helpful.... and that you were able to power through. I am amazed at your strength and spirit. Your doula sounds pretty great too.

Congratulations on your daughter and on achieving the satisfaction of overcoming a huge series of challenges to accomplish a tremendous feat.

I had to smile when I read you pushing and reflecting on your own doula-words-of-encouragement going through your head at the ring of fire. I was so "of two minds" during my labour as well... reflecting on what I was experiencing and putting it in perspective of "oh, well since I'm feeling this, this is what must be happening right now." At the ring of fire I shouted, "I feel like I'm riping in half!" and the MW said, "Yes, it feels that way. Push into that feeling." And I was like, "Oh yeah, duh, I already know that." But at that moment I needed the reminder. And then I just said, "Okay," and did it. I don't know about you, but I found the knowledge gleaned from personal experience, reading and doula work to help me cope with the ups and downs of labour.

As for your placenta, again I'm amazed at a HCP who is willing to wait. Dr. C amazes me so much. How beautiful that you did not have a surgical end to your birth process. When you said that the placenta was smelling, I wondered if you had an infection? But it doesn't sound like you did.

Congratulations again and looking forward to hearing more updates about how you and little Stella Rose are doing.

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#8 of 23 Old 07-26-2010, 04:03 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Btw, I had a similar situation of being fully dilated with bag of waters intact, baby at station -2, waiting and waiting for the ROM, and finally consenting to an AROM during a contraction while side lying. My baby turned OP from ROA/ROT during labour, despite lunges and side lying with a hip and chest towards the bed which, I agree, was very very uncomfortable (and I confess, I did not stay in that position for more than a few contractions). I just mention these things because we had talked so much about OP positioning and whatnot beforehand.

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#9 of 23 Old 07-26-2010, 05:20 AM

WOW Amy, you are a super woman! Congratulations to you and Welcome baby Stella! She is a lucky baby to have such a strong and special mama! All the best to you two!!!

Me dreads.gif 32, loving him fuzmalesling.gif33, more each day. Rad boy, jog.gif 7/12/10 & Cool gal baby.gif  4/28/13

I'm a biracial, atheist, humanist, pacifist, anarchist, bibliophile, and educator. Rainbow.gifgd.gifwinner.jpgnocirc.gif

#10 of 23 Old 07-26-2010, 07:21 AM

DDCC to tell you how amazing you are!

Nicole, wife to Sean, mother to Afton Reanne Evangeline, a natural birth at a hospital 8/17/2010 8lbs 9 oz 21 inches long.
#11 of 23 Old 07-26-2010, 07:34 AM

wow what an amazing story!! Well done mama
#12 of 23 Old 07-26-2010, 09:52 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wow. Just, wow.
#13 of 23 Old 07-26-2010, 11:21 AM

Wow!!! That is amazing!!! I'm going to think of women like you during my labor. If you can do it anyone can!!!!

Happily married to my sweet DH with two precious girls (12/08) and (8/10) and a crazy puppy dog. Expecting blessing #3 around 12/10.

#14 of 23 Old 07-26-2010, 11:29 AM

WOW AMY!!!! AMAZING!!!

You are incredibly strong woman and should be so proud of yourself!!!!

How fortunate and blessed you were to have such an incredible birth team with no surgery!

Welcome baby Stella Rose!!!!

Dana- wife to wonderful DH, and a non vaxed happy heathly 2 yr old!

#15 of 23 Old 07-26-2010, 12:59 PM

You are such an inspiration! Congratulations!

Angel, teaches Psych, married to Martin, chiropractor since 06/25/05 , Mama to DS, Quinn 7/11/07 and DD, Eliza 8/2/10 :
#16 of 23 Old 07-26-2010, 01:51 PM

What a wonderful, powerful story! Thanks so much for sharing

Loving mama to Aden (8/5/2010) and DSD (14).

#17 of 23 Old 07-28-2010, 02:38 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummy marja View Post
I just read your birth story. WOW, WOW, WOW. You are incredible. I love you. I love your birth team, I agree--it sounds like you had the best possible group of people around you.

Congratulations! I am just so happy and amazed after reading your story.
Thanks I am still in awe of the birth team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craft_media_hero View Post
Oh my goodness!!

You are one tough and determined mama! Way to go Whew!! Good job and congratulations!

I am @ your son repeating your "choice phrase" that's funny.

I had to come back to add that your doctor is a super hero in my book! Along with the rest of your team. I am AMAZED at his patience and understanding, wow.
He is my super hero too He truly is a great man and he told me yesterday that he learned a lot from me and from my birth. I was both humbled and flattered. I had to laugh at Graham saying 'oh sh!t' over and over, it was pretty funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mataji4 View Post
WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so impressed by your patience and perseverence, but also that of your birth team! Way to go strong mama! And a big welcome to your cooperative baby Stella!!
I guess I was patient and persevering! I just did what I did in the moment. I definitely had my weak times for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
OMG I am in AWE of you and your birth team!!! I am in awe that Dr C. was willing to wait, that his experience and expertise, along with the experience and expertise of the MW, that they were so helpful.... and that you were able to power through. I am amazed at your strength and spirit. Your doula sounds pretty great too.

Congratulations on your daughter and on achieving the satisfaction of overcoming a huge series of challenges to accomplish a tremendous feat.

I had to smile when I read you pushing and reflecting on your own doula-words-of-encouragement going through your head at the ring of fire. I was so "of two minds" during my labour as well... reflecting on what I was experiencing and putting it in perspective of "oh, well since I'm feeling this, this is what must be happening right now." At the ring of fire I shouted, "I feel like I'm riping in half!" and the MW said, "Yes, it feels that way. Push into that feeling." And I was like, "Oh yeah, duh, I already know that." But at that moment I needed the reminder. And then I just said, "Okay," and did it. I don't know about you, but I found the knowledge gleaned from personal experience, reading and doula work to help me cope with the ups and downs of labour.

As for your placenta, again I'm amazed at a HCP who is willing to wait. Dr. C amazes me so much. How beautiful that you did not have a surgical end to your birth process. When you said that the placenta was smelling, I wondered if you had an infection? But it doesn't sound like you did.

Congratulations again and looking forward to hearing more updates about how you and little Stella Rose are doing.
OMG. I'm still in awe, disbelief, shock, appreciation, love, and many more emotions all at once. Trying not to doula myself was a huge challenge. Thankfully, Karen knows me very very well and knew how to handle me. No one else could have done it but her. She is a sister in the truest sense. She wouldn't even rest, if I was going, so was she. There are no words...

The placenta smelled because it essentially was old meat by the time it came out. There was no infection at all and it along with membranes were intact. The vessels had started turing green. It was just going bad. I can't imagine a lotus birth after experiencing this but then I guess when you do a lotus birth you use herbs and stuff to keep it nice?? The midwife was floored that Dr. C let me leave the hospital with it still in. She was like 'yeah, let me know how that goes!" He spoke to a midwife group the next day and told the story and they were all like WTF? But it made sense, you know? It worked exactly as it should have. He told me I taught him a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
Btw, I had a similar situation of being fully dilated with bag of waters intact, baby at station -2, waiting and waiting for the ROM, and finally consenting to an AROM during a contraction while side lying. My baby turned OP from ROA/ROT during labour, despite lunges and side lying with a hip and chest towards the bed which, I agree, was very very uncomfortable (and I confess, I did not stay in that position for more than a few contractions). I just mention these things because we had talked so much about OP positioning and whatnot beforehand.
That side lying is brutal. It did work though but whew, I didn't think I'd make it. It took several hours to recover from it emotionally. Stella was OP at the start of labor and by the time the birth team came (about 18 hours in) I was complete and she was LOT. I don't know when she turned but I never had back labor thank goodness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole Starr View Post
DDCC to tell you how amazing you are!
I didn't know you were on MDC

Amy, Army wife living in S. Korea, mama to my inverted t c/s baby 04.05.08 and my VBAC with inverted t baby 07.24.10
#18 of 23 Old 07-28-2010, 02:47 AM

OMG. WOW. Just wow! There are no words.

Bri helpmeet to Chaise mama to K(2/07)  M(3/09) & A(2/11)

#19 of 23 Old 07-28-2010, 04:44 AM

congrats! What an amazing birth!

Becky- Wife to DH, Mama to "Nani" (July '08) "Coco" (July '10) and expecting one very wiggly baby boy in May 2013!

#20 of 23 Old 07-28-2010, 06:20 PM

Just read your story, and am browsing facebook at the same time, and saw your birth story posted there, too, by another friend. :-)

Karyn, wife to Colby partners.gif (9/4/04) and homeschooling mama to Ryan notes2.gif (3/11/08), Tyler jog.gif h20homebirth.gif (7/15/10), and a new little bean pos.gif (10/24/12)! familybed2.gif fly-by-nursing2.gifintactlact.gif saynovax.gif

#21 of 23 Old 07-28-2010, 06:52 PM

Congratulations

Lana: Mama to Mya Oct/2007 and Ainsley July/2010
#22 of 23 Old 07-28-2010, 07:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakaryn08 View Post
Just read your story, and am browsing facebook at the same time, and saw your birth story posted there, too, by another friend. :-)
sweet

#23 of 23 Old 07-29-2010, 01:12 PM

DDCC

Wow, what an inspiring birth story!!! Thanks so much for posting!!! You did an amazing job, and what a large baby!!! Fabulous, fabulous!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mama to angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gifangel1.gif

DS1 (6) jog.gif , DS2 (3)sleepytime.gifbaby.gif DD is here!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page