Mothering Forum banner

baby boy

832 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  flitters 
#1 ·
Hi,

I haven't been super active in our DDC but I really wanted to tell you all how much I appreciated your virtual companionship through pregnancy and celebrate when your babies are born.

Our son (wow - we all thought girl!) arrived 10 days past EDD like a freight train. I had a few contractions starting around 8:30 or so in the morning, enough to finally call the midwives around 10:30 to tell them today would probably be the day and that we'd talk later. Over the next 15 minutes (and more phone calls changing from come later to come soon to come now) things picked up really fast. By the time the midwives got here I was in heavy labor. Dh barely had enough time to fill the tub with enough water, but when I asked to get in it was ready, and I was starting to feel pushy pressure. It was now about 12:40 in the afternoon. I got in the tub and at 12:41 had a HUGE and pushy contraction that broke my water with astonishing force and it never stopped contracting. It was incredibly intense as I felt the baby's head move down my birth canal and crown and finally pop out. The contraction never really ended as the baby turned out and the rest of him was born by 12:43.

We are all doing great. Both boys are amazingly wonderful and we are very happy.

My favorite conversation (for amusement value) just when I was starting to feel pressure to push and wanting in the tub:

midwife: "You're baby is going to come out soon."
me: "Where?"
midwife: "Out your vagina."
me: "Oh, good!"

My brain really loses a grasp of the basics when I'm in labor.

I'm not good at being online much now, but I just wanted to check in, share our story, and say thanks.

See less See more
#9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by flitters View Post
My favorite conversation (for amusement value) just when I was starting to feel pressure to push and wanting in the tub:

midwife: "You're baby is going to come out soon."
me: "Where?"
midwife: "Out your vagina."
me: "Oh, good!"
Yeah I love the things we say during labour sometimes.

It's really nice to hear that you had such a healthy, vigorous birth and your family is enjoying your newest member. Take good care of yourself and check in on the postpartum weekly thread sometime if you want to chat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.