Mothering Forum banner

Rosen's story

862 views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  Redheaded_Momma 
#1 ·
On Sunday the 25th the day of the full moon I had the first lunges of real contractions. We had taken the kids to the River to ride bikes and when we got home the kids and I layed in bed for a movie and a nap. I woke to a real contraction and knew things had kicked into gear. Although I was surprised at how slowly they did so. I didn't say anything to anyone fearing I would jinx it. That night they continued throughout the wee hours and I finally got up at 3 am. I timed them and they were sporadic and inconsistent so back in bed at 3 am. Finally in the morning I got up and Daniel started telling me of his aches and pains and lack of sleep so I put him on notice before he could get to grumpy that I was in early labor and now was not the time. Daniel took the kids out that afternoon and things were going about 8 minutes apart. I had to breath through contractions but they were very manageable. At a quarter to five they were about 5 minutes apart. I called the midwife and let her know where I was at. She called again about two hour later to see what was changed. I was still 3 1/2 cent. but no longer posterior and cervix was anterior. I told her I would call her at 5 cent. So of course she headed home and not much longer before I called and told her she better head back to Boise. By 9:00 things were getting pretty intense. Daniel got to push on my back so I am sure his arm is really sore today because I was making him push for a long time...lol I had her check me and I was at a 7 around 10. At 10:20 I was ten and with a lip so I pushed standing up through a contraction and the bag of water burst this time I made sure not to explode on anyone.lol at 10:45 I pushed her out amidst a loud roll of thunder. It was so loud that when I was pushing I didn't even realize her head was out because the noise distracted me so much. They wanted me to push again and I was pretty much not interested in doing that at the moment. Then the midwife said "your baby is trying to breath push her out the rest of the way". Thats when I realized I has already done the hard part. So one little push and out she slid. She was a screamer like her big sis not so happy with being out but calmed down alot easier the Kailin did.
She was born at 10:45 July 26th weighing 8lbs 2oz 20 1/2 inches long. Blue eyes and dark brown hair. She looks alot like Kai but different in a way.
I felt great after and just as I predicted she was born right at bedtime. I told the midwife I guessed she would be here around 11pm.To bad we were all amped and couldn't go to sleep anyway. Everything is Cadan and Kailin are in love and Cadan just wants to snuzzle her so bad. I will send pictures soon. We are all doing great.

She is just about 3 days old and has adjusted to life on the outside very well. She loves all the noise her siblings make. She has the most beautiful skin out of all my kids. Not a red mark to be found despite her long nails. She looks like her big sister as a baby.

http://picasaweb.google.com/BlueLocu...eat=directlink

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.