~*~ Postpartum Mamas Weekly Thread Aug 1 - 7 *~* - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 48 Old 08-05-2010, 03:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well in 8 days Rosen has not only put back all her birth weight but she also added a lb. She is already a chunker from 8lbs 2 oz down to 7lbs 8oz and all the way up to 9lbs in a week.
Today is Kailin's 4th bday and bless her heart she wanted hotdogs for her bday dinner..how easy is that!
Ronen once again dug into his poopy diaper at 6 am and I spent the early morning steam cleaning and lysoling his room. DP totally freaks out and becomes a useless spaze when things like this happen...grrrr
Started doing push ups and leg lifts for the last few days. Doesn't seem to aggravate my body. Everything down there is back to normal, I am so sorry for you that have torn etc. I can't even imagine. I was blessed with very stretchy skin...lol
Rosen went on her first outing yesterday, we were out three hours and she just slept and ate once. She loves the car so I am relieved. I always worry because number 2 hated the car until she was 2.
I have so much energy lately I am just waiting to crash. DP is more worn out then I am. Not that he is doing more he is just moody and whining...woo is me. I would swear he has PPD if not for the fact that he is always moody. Make sure you all take Iron. I swear it helps with your energy levels. To bad it didn't do anything for my fat levels. I was 174 when I had her and am 158. With my first I lost 20 of the 30 lbs when he came out. Then within a few weeks I was back to my prepregnancy size including giant booby weight. The 4th time around I am not so lucky. I am a slug...lol I am actually going to have to work my ass off to get to 130.

carlie~33 DP~40 mom to Cadan Riley 7/22/04, Kailin Naiya 8/05/06,, Ronen Blake12/13/08 , Rosen Blythe 7/26/10.
#32 of 48 Old 08-05-2010, 03:53 PM

mellybelly.......just wanted to say I feel your pain.......DD1 was such a screamer and DD2 seems much better but I am so nervous things are going to take a turn. I can't help remembering how overwhelming a screamer is.

snuglyroo.......I really hope things are okay for you health wise......and glad your dh is supportive. Take care.

I am exhausted.......I don't get more then 2 hours between nighttime feeds and then it takes me an hour to get her nursed, burped, changed, settled, etc and then it feels like I just fall asleep and then it's time to start over again. DH is helping as much as possible but we also have a 3 year old so he's busy with her. He'll usually come and gt A in the morning so I can get an extra hour or two in. I have no idea what I'd do if he wasn't here.....hopefully when he goes back to work things will be better. A couple nights ago MIL literally held A for 4 hours (until 3am) just so I could get in a 3 hour stretch of sleep. She's gone back home now and obviously that's not something we can do every night. A does the odd 3 hour stretch here and there (during the day) but I always seem to miss my chance to capitalize on it and take a nap. I know this will pass but it's just so tiring right now. DD1 was a screamer but would often give us 4-5 hour stretches right off the bat so this is all new to me.

Lana: Mama to Mya Oct/2007 and Ainsley July/2010
#33 of 48 Old 08-05-2010, 06:04 PM

Thanks for the response about vacuuming I did it and my back was hurting afterwards so my dh did the rest (finally). Sorry to hear about the hubbies dealing with postpartum issues too but very glad to know it's not just mine! He's been so moody and down lately. If I ask him about it he says it's nothing & that he's just tired (he's sleeping fine btw, lol). I've been a little weepy and anxious but nothing terrible.

Griffin had a check up today. At birth he weighed 7.10, 2 days later was down to 7 and now at 18 days old he weigh 9lbs! And he was 20 inches long and now he's 22.5! He's a great nurser and has gone through two growth spurts so I'm not surprised....makes ya proud to hear every time though! Sleep for us has been ok...each night is different of course but my older kids have been fantastic with letting me get a nap in most days. I've had screamers and I feel for you mamas!! Griffin is having much more awake time and it's for the most part calm & happy. My only complaint is diapers....he prefers to potty once the diaper is off. I've been peed on so many times (and other things too ). I guess I got lucky with our older son bc he rarely peed on me, lol.

Sky, mama to dd 10/00, dd 3/02, ds 7/04, dd 3/07, ds 7/10, stork-girl.gif11/12 & married 11 yrs

#34 of 48 Old 08-05-2010, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by APGoddess83 View Post

Griffin had a check up today. At birth he weighed 7.10, 2 days later was down to 7 and now at 18 days old he weigh 9lbs! And he was 20 inches long and now he's 22.5! He's a great nurser and has gone through two growth spurts so I'm not surprised....makes ya proud to hear every time though!
Great growing job, both of you!

I brought Timothy in for a weight check this afternoon and he's up to 6 lbs 11 oz at 12 days. I need to bring him back one more time to make sure he hits his birth weight soon. He was 6 lbs 7 oz at 3 days old, still 6 lbs 8 oz at 9 days old, so to go up 3 oz in 3 days, we're finally getting somewhere. Hopefully he'll be at 7 lbs when we go back in a week.

This is so different from my older boys, who never dropped below 9 lbs!

Mama to Peter (3/8/04), Leo (3/12/06), Timothy (7/24/10), and boy #4 due on the summer solstice 2014
#35 of 48 Old 08-05-2010, 07:40 PM

Nice big growing babies!! dd was 7.15 at birth and 20 inches...at 2 weeks she weighed 9 pounds and 21 inches. Not sure what she is now at a month...but she has outgrown a lot of clothes!!! Some cute summer outfits only worn once!!! lol.

Time is flying by!!!

homeschooling, breastfeeding, cosleeping mama to ds1(7), ds2(3) and dd(3 months)
#36 of 48 Old 08-05-2010, 11:51 PM

My DD just outgrew her first newborn sleeper..........at 12 days old. She was 8lbs 3oz at birth and then 8lbs 10oz at 10 days. I guess her constant nursing is getting us somewhere, lol

Lana: Mama to Mya Oct/2007 and Ainsley July/2010
#37 of 48 Old 08-06-2010, 12:54 AM

I haven't weighed myself yet.. i'm curious. but i have to wait till monday.

my baby was 8 lb. 6 oz at birth and 9lb 1 oz at 2 weeks. breastmilk does a body good
#38 of 48 Old 08-06-2010, 06:16 AM

Fritz will be 3 weeks tomorrow and we did a rough weight check today (read: Papa got on the scale and we noted his weight and then I gave him the baby and we noted the weight change). Baby has gained roughly 600 gr since being discharged - he weighed only 4015 gr. I have lost approx. 13 kg and am now almost down to 80 kg from 94 kg. Yeah! On the downside, my back is killing me.I can't hardly pick up the baby to burp him at nights and I feel like my back is completely out. That or I have no muscles to hold everything together anymore. Chriopractic care is practically unheard of here. So it looks like I'm going to have to go see some doctor. It's getting worse instead of better despite massages from DP.
And I just wanted to send out my congrats to all the new mamas out there. I just don't have the time anymore to come online and congratulate everyone individually. But I'm thinking of you all and especially those still waiting.

hide.gif Me 41, single mom to modifiedartist.gifdd 4/2001 and demon.gif ds 7/17/2010

#39 of 48 Old 08-06-2010, 02:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Love to hear about all these growing babies! Go breastmilk!

AFM we've had quite a hectic week with the two girls at home with dh, me and the NB. Thank goodness dh has been amazing and taking the girls out so they get exercise and stimulation. We took a long walk on the creek path the other day and I wore ds in the MOBY. It rained on us, but that was fun.

It's tiring waking up at night with ds, but that's okay, he gives me a good stretch along the way where I can sleep too. He nurses well and sleeps well. He loves to comfort nurse though and I am bfing on demand, so sometimes he's on quite a lot. I just don't want to miss the growth spurt times when he's telling my body to rev it up! Dh and dd1 have been pestering me to give him a bottle already because they want to feed him too. Why do they want to interrupt this divine mother-baby time? Soon enough it'll be over and he'll be way more interested in having fun with them. This time doesn't last forever. Dh said today he wants to be with his baby more, and I don't blame him. There are ways to get that though like bathing ds, changing his clothes and diaper, cuddles after he's fed and burped.

My nerves are up and down. I have a terrible pain in my neck and will see the chiro today. Hopefully that will make a big difference. Poor dd2, she keeps asking me, "Mommy are you grumpy?" Hmmm come to think of it, dh asked me that today too.

GTG baby calls

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#40 of 48 Old 08-06-2010, 05:22 PM

We won't get another weight for a couple of weeks, but it looks like DS is up to 22" (from 20" at birth) and we won't be able to use the newborn prefolds for much longer. His little hat finally fits his head properly too.

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#41 of 48 Old 08-06-2010, 07:24 PM

nak

I'd just like to say that I am in love with my Beco because it hides my still-fat stomach.

Okay, I also love the closeness and how dd's head stays in kissing range.

Mommy to a gorgeous little miracle
#42 of 48 Old 08-06-2010, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nervousnelle View Post
nak

I'd just like to say that I am in love with my Beco because it hides my still-fat stomach.

Okay, I also love the closeness and how dd's head stays in kissing range.
I'm much better about using carriers with a newborn around this time, too. I go between my Hotsling, Moby Wrap, and KKAFP.

Mama to Peter (3/8/04), Leo (3/12/06), Timothy (7/24/10), and boy #4 due on the summer solstice 2014
#43 of 48 Old 08-06-2010, 11:03 PM

We hit a milestone here. Baby's First Ear Infection. Every baby in my family, ever, has gotten them, and I'm the only one who never got tubes. I figure, if she keeps getting them (as one would assume she will), we'll have them put tubes in at the same time as her first omphalocele surgery, which is going to be a year or two from now. That way we don't have to have an additional round of general anesthesia.

She's cranky, but the tylenol is helping. And soon, the amoxicillin will make her feel better for real. It's weird, I probably would have realized it was an ear infection a good 24 hours before I did, but I looked at her symptoms, and saw zebra instead of horse. Omphalocele babies tend to get colic more, and also commonly develop oral aversions. So her increased crankiness and screaming at the breast, I attributed to that. Also, we have to keep socks on her hands so she doesn't pull her tube out. So instead of pulling on her ears, she was just hitting herself in the side of the head. It feels weird, and oddly almost good, to be dealing with a normal baby issue.

scifi-convention runners Kate, DH Drew 11/07, DD Cora 12/97. We , ,
Welcome to baby Fiona with a giant omphalocele, 6/17/10!
#44 of 48 Old 08-07-2010, 03:28 AM

I haven't been able to keep up with this thread. . Benjamin is growing so fast. At a day shy of 4 weeks he got his first bath. We'd gone tent camping for a couple nights and he was smokey smelling from the campfire. I was so sad he'd loose that sweet newborn smell but he didn't!!! Thankfully. We are winding down on dh's last week off. So bittersweet. I'm ready to get back into the swing of things but also have really enjoyed having him home.

Aimee Blessed Momma to 4 amazing boys, P ~ 9 H ~ 7 J ~ 4 and B ~ 1.  Happily married to D Living my almost dream life on an urban homestead, hoping for our forever land to find us soon!

#45 of 48 Old 08-07-2010, 07:37 PM

I'm slowly trying to get out more...having three kids has been a rough transition. Went to the park today and baby took a nice long nap in the stroller while I got a walk. She still fusses in any type of sling or carrier I put her in...I'm going to try a mei tai style next. But she loved being in the stroller. lol. We had a pleasant time and it did make it easier to play with my other kids without a carrier on. Going to stores...is not working out so well. She hates the carrier and I hate toting the car seat...I'm just not yet at a place where I can be comfortable inside a public place...outside, my family is tons happier in open places. Going to start trying to get out more...it's just been miserably hot these past few days.

Slowly starting to feel better myself physically...the end to postpartum is in sight!

Still feel like things go better with hsbd around to help...but I'm on my own a lot. Three kids=a steep learning curve.

homeschooling, breastfeeding, cosleeping mama to ds1(7), ds2(3) and dd(3 months)
#46 of 48 Old 08-07-2010, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terra-pip View Post
I'm slowly trying to get out more...having three kids has been a rough transition. Went to the park today and baby took a nice long nap in the stroller while I got a walk. She still fusses in any type of sling or carrier I put her in...I'm going to try a mei tai style next. But she loved being in the stroller. lol. We had a pleasant time and it did make it easier to play with my other kids without a carrier on. Going to stores...is not working out so well. She hates the carrier and I hate toting the car seat...I'm just not yet at a place where I can be comfortable inside a public place...outside, my family is tons happier in open places. Going to start trying to get out more...it's just been miserably hot these past few days.

Slowly starting to feel better myself physically...the end to postpartum is in sight!

Still feel like things go better with hsbd around to help...but I'm on my own a lot. Three kids=a steep learning curve.

I am with you, this three kids thing is a whole new ballgame. My mom has been here since my dd was born and she leaves tomorrow, so I am left with a 2 week old, a 4 year old and a 6 year old and two weeks until school starts, yikes! My mom was awesome during our outing yesterday to get my dd and ds their school sneakers, but I am like how am I going to do this alone? Yikes!! My dd had camp this week and I swear to get all three kids out of the house by 8:45 was a flippin' nightmare, my husband had to step in and be late to work on two occasions to get her to camp...sigh.
#47 of 48 Old 08-08-2010, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatWozBlue View Post
I am with you, this three kids thing is a whole new ballgame. My mom has been here since my dd was born and she leaves tomorrow, so I am left with a 2 week old, a 4 year old and a 6 year old and two weeks until school starts, yikes! My mom was awesome during our outing yesterday to get my dd and ds their school sneakers, but I am like how am I going to do this alone? Yikes!! My dd had camp this week and I swear to get all three kids out of the house by 8:45 was a flippin' nightmare, my husband had to step in and be late to work on two occasions to get her to camp...sigh.
I've got exactly the ages you have -- 6, 4, and 2 weeks. My husband teaches and he goes back the 18th, then the big kids start school on 8/30. We've got dinner being delivered through 8/24, so that helps. That day my 4 year old's cast comes off (he broke his arm when the baby was 3 days old) so I'm hoping I can just let them run through sprinklers that last week while I sit with the baby.

#48 of 48 Old 08-08-2010, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
New weekly chat thread for Aug 8 - 14:
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...1#post15713141

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page