Mothering Forum banner

I am so happy to not be PREGNANT

1K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  Surfacing 
#1 ·
I read all the time about people missing their pregnant selfs..lol
I so do not miss it. I have so much more energy and am just more productive. The kids behave better and the house is cleaner. Every day I just smile thinking about it. When I take a super hot bath and climb out with ease I just get giddy inside.lol

See less See more
#3 ·
Me too! I love stretching to reach for things in the back seat of the car, crawling into DS's fort, bending down to pick stuff off the floor (?!) - and knowing that all is well with the baby, because I can SEE her! Done and done.

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
What the heck are you doing cleaning the house at one week postpartum?

ETA - I hear you on enjoying the HOT baths again!

LOL This is the fastest recovery yet for me. Barely even bled after baby. No pain whatsoever. Not even a scratch from pushing her out. Her little 13 inch head was like giving birth to a hotdog...lol I know you hate me...lol

#7 ·
I can't tell you how relieved I am to hear this.. I'm not due for 9 more weeks and I don't think I'm glowing at all.. all I feel is exhausted and fat.. lol.. I love the kicking but I can't wait to have my baby in my arms and have body back to normal..

#8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by carliec76 View Post
Her little 13 cent. head was like giving birth to a hotdog...
Oh the look DP just gave me when I read him that! Like I had just lost my mind!

#10 ·
The entire first day this baby was born, I was thinking "Thank goodness that's over!" I'm so happy to have her here, I'm so happy not to be huge anymore, and I'm so happy to never have to give birth again. I told DH that for me, pregnancy and childbirth are like algebra. I'm quite good at it, but I don't particularly enjoy it.

#11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by carliec76 View Post
LOL This is the fastest recovery yet for me. Barely even bled after baby. No pain whatsoever. Not even a scratch from pushing her out. Her little 13 inch head was like giving birth to a hotdog...lol I know you hate me...lol
errr, um, yeah. 15 inches here. More like a cantaloupe. or a watermelon.
But still, I tore less and am recovering much faster than with my slighly smaller headed DD1.

#12 ·
I love sleeping on my stomach! And lifting things myself, strangely enough.

But the most awesome thing of all...
Not peeing every five minutes!!!
Sometimes in still feel a pang of dread when i gulp down a bunch of water, and then I remember... This won't have me running to the bathroom constantly! YES!
Posted via Mobile Device

#13 ·
Every night when I go to sleep on my back, I'm ecstatic. Not so ecstatic when the baby wakes me up five minutes later then poops all over me and the bed so that I have to change all the sheets in the middle of the night, but hey, that's part of the fun, right?

#14 ·
This thread is perfect for me right now - a good reminder of how HEAVY and uncomfortable I was at the end of my pregnancy this time around...I need reminders right now, because of my constant nostalgia (already!) for the pregnancy and birth. Shoosh, I just love this stuff...as I started reminiscing yesterday at lunch DH reminded me of just how uncomfortable I was at the end of the pregnancy, 1 week late, all of the humidity, the the worry and just wanting to meet this little girl, and I told him that it all fades away very fast...he said, "yep, a little too fast..." it's a miracle we don't have 10 kids by now! : )

ok, I will keep reminding myself how nice it is to be sitting in this hard wooden chair without all of that pressure/discomfort...how nice it is to stretch out in bed...how lovely it is to start walking again without so much weight...but, oh, my lonely uterus! : )

#15 ·
I am enjoying being able to drink lots and lots of water without being chained to the bathroom for the rest of the day. Since I was nausesous and vomitting for 9 months I'm really enjoying eating and feeling like a normal person. I'm also down 25 pounds from my pre-preg weight (didn't gain anything during pregnancy) so strangely enough.......I'm enjoying my new figure! Sleeping.......I can't say I'm enjoying because A doesn't want to let me sleep for more then 1.5-2 hours.

#16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
What the heck are you doing cleaning the house at one week postpartum?

ETA - I hear you on enjoying the HOT baths again!

Man, I could DIE for a hot bath about now. But the baby screams and screams and barely gives me time to do anything. When he does doze, I usually do too. And cleaning house 1 week postpartum? Yup! That's me!
And today I was dumb enough to say yes to a spontaneous zoo outing. I was ready to bawl by the time we got home because, of course, we needed to go shopping on the way back, and shopping with 2 other people takes FOREVER. I am beat. I am NOT leaving the house for a few days. I am now going to go park on the couch. Well, as soon as I'm done lurking through all the posts here.

ETA: I meant to respond to the OP. I'm really happy to not be preggo anymore this time, too. Last pg I was really sad it was over -I still felt great and dd surprised us all by coming a bit early. This time, all I can say is good riddance to heartburn and vomitting. A bit more sleep would be nice though!

#17 ·
meh..i kind of ride the fence on this one. I like all the excitement and preparation when being pregnant. I like pregnant sex
and I like all the yummy food I eat when pregnant. I like the nesting energy and how clean and organized I get while preggo. I do not miss the physical aches and pains.

I love being able to sleep on my tummy or back...and wrestling and playing with my kids. Goodness I picked up my 7 year old today..he has grown a ton in 9 months!!!

I do not really like the PP period. It's got to be my least favorite part of the whole experience. But I love nursing (except the elim diet part of it) and I love little newborns.

I do not like my house now being a disaster or how complicated it is in the beginning to go anywhere or do anything. And I think PP is more tiring than being pregnant.

#18 ·
The first thing I said to the dr as she was sewing me up (baby girl came out sunny side up, so an episiotomy was in order) was "thank god I am no longer pregnant" and that is exactly how I felt.

Its the peeing that is the most exciting, I pee like a normal person, its like, YES!! liquid actually fits in my bladder!!!! I can bend into the washing machine, I can walk without needing to pee, I can wear something different besides the maternity bottoms, at least I am in my normal shirts.

#19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by terra-pip View Post
meh..i kind of ride the fence on this one. I like all the excitement and preparation when being pregnant. I like pregnant sex
and I like all the yummy food I eat when pregnant. I like the nesting energy and how clean and organized I get while preggo. I do not miss the physical aches and pains.

I love being able to sleep on my tummy or back...and wrestling and playing with my kids. Goodness I picked up my 7 year old today..he has grown a ton in 9 months!!!

I do not really like the PP period. It's got to be my least favorite part of the whole experience. But I love nursing (except the elim diet part of it) and I love little newborns.

I do not like my house now being a disaster or how complicated it is in the beginning to go anywhere or do anything. And I think PP is more tiring than being pregnant.
WHAT SHE SAID!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.