~ Postpartum Chat Thread Aug 8 - 14 ~ - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 41 Old 08-14-2010, 03:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
just quickly popping in. i have been reading along but haven't gotten time to post. 6 weeks tomorrow here, and wow is he a super calm baby. we went for a well baby checkup and he has gained so much weight. My babies tend to be wire-y and skinny and he is chubby and round weighing in at 12lbs8oz. He is 1.5lbs less than dd#2 was at 5 months! Holy cow!

Things have been good this was my first week with all 3 all day. dd#1 daycamp ended and she was a little surly at the beginning of the week. the girls have taken out their adjustment feelings on eachother but even that seems to be subsiding. I don't have much to give at the end of the day but i am trying to make sure everyone is happy and thriving.

I am having a bunch of my mom friends over tonight for a moms night out, well it will be for them anyway I am keeping Jack with me but sending dh and the girls out for some fun just the three of them.

In laws arrive at then end of the month for a few days. They are a handful to begin with and try to parent our kids even though they see them less than 1x per year. I am glad they waited until i was on my feet again because at least i have the energy to stand up to them. MIL has been insistent about making sure I am able to bf such a big baby so I was able to shut her up quickly after our checkup the other day. She also was shocked that I hadn't lost the weight yet and that I am not into my normal clothes, i was feeling pretty good about myself until she said that...

i think that is it for now.

Tracy, Wifey to Jeff . Mama to Maya-Papaya 7/04 and Carolina Bean-a 5/07 and Jack 7/4/10!!
#32 of 41 Old 08-14-2010, 04:01 PM

Noah's mommy..........thinking about you and your dd.....hoping for a fast recovery for her.

I have been MIA lately.......been reading the past few days but not posting much. We just got home on Wed........we went to the lake/camping for 5 days. Sounds crazy to do that with a 2 week old but it was actually pretty good. We had a big comfy trailor to stay in and lots of family there so DD1 was kept busy from morning until night playing with cousins, grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc. I mostly sat in a lawn chair and nursed DD2. Only had one "incident" where my cousin told me that I should "warn" him when I was going to be breastfeeding. I felt like asking him if his wife warned me before she gave her DS a bottle but decided to just ignore him.

DD2 was weighed at 10 days old and was up to 8lbs 10oz......up from her birth weight of 8lbs 3oz. She's 3 weeks today and I did an inexact weigh in yesterday (home scale but digital with decimals) and she's well over 9 lbs now...outgrowing a bunch of sleepers. Both my girls have been fast gainers after birth. DD1 was up to 10 lbs at 2 weeks old (born at 9lbs). My bleeding has stopped and I am able to just wear underwear now, which is awesome because I was using disposable pads and my skin was getting very irritated.

We still aren't sleeping much and DD2 has been a fussy nurser lately (not all the time but very randomly). Last night she only slept for an hour and 45 minutes at a time and then was up and fussy for 2 hours in between. She seems frantic about nursing but won't stay latched and keeps unlatching and crying. I don't have an overactive letdown and she's not getting frustrated about lack of letdown so I'm not sure what is wrong. Sometimes I think gas but the only thing that calms her down is to give her a soother for a few minutes........she calms down right away but I don't want to plug her with a soother when she should be eating but her weight gain tells me she's getting enough to eat. Things are a little overwhelming right now....I feel like I'm really questioning my ability to read her cues and just my ability to mother in general.

Lana: Mama to Mya Oct/2007 and Ainsley July/2010
#33 of 41 Old 08-14-2010, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrgs View Post
She seems frantic about nursing but won't stay latched and keeps unlatching and crying. I don't have an overactive letdown and she's not getting frustrated about lack of letdown so I'm not sure what is wrong. Sometimes I think gas but the only thing that calms her down is to give her a soother for a few minutes........she calms down right away but I don't want to plug her with a soother when she should be eating but her weight gain tells me she's getting enough to eat. Things are a little overwhelming right now....I feel like I'm really questioning my ability to read her cues and just my ability to mother in general.
Same here. I don't know what's up with that.
#34 of 41 Old 08-14-2010, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrgs View Post
Things are a little overwhelming right now....I feel like I'm really questioning my ability to read her cues and just my ability to mother in general.
The thing is, I'm sure you're doing a fantastic job. It's so difficult when we can't figure out what's wrong and we try many different things over and over to soothe them. Hopefully this is a little stage that will pass. Your baby is growing well and is well nourished.

PapayaMom - The in-laws sound like a piece of work.
Yay Mamas Milk for the great weight gain!
PPPLLEEAASSEE tell me, HOW are you managing so well with all three at home? My two drive each other crazy with fighting, hitting, etc.

Noah's Mommy - I hope your daughter's surgery goes well and she heals up quickly.

Expat-Mama - There's certain things that don't change about people such as whether their earlobes are connected or not to their... uh... face or cheeks. KWIM? Immigration wants to have that info because anybody could (in the future let's say) steal your kid's I.D. and use it to travel. "Oh this is my citizenship card from when I was a baby..." When all they have to go on is the adult person and the child I.D., there are certain measurements and features that they look at - ears being one of them. It's amazing how much identity fraud and theft there is. Huge.

Welsh - I am sooo glad to hear your nipples have finally healed! To have struggled on through is no small feat.

Hugs to everyone, gtg nurse.

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#35 of 41 Old 08-14-2010, 05:00 PM

yep..I've had a few mini meltdowns the last few days. I also struggle with the "am I a good mother" thoughts. Always have. Not having had a parental figure growing up that was in any way a good example, I have to make it all up as I go along, with some help from some fave authors and mags.

Having three is a real hard transition..I always feel like someone is being completely neglected. I felt so horrible the other day when I realized my 3 yo ds had been asking me to read the same book to him for several days and I hadn't yet.

My oldest ds, 7 yo...is doing well, but I'm scared to start homeschooling this year...I'm guessing we're going to start looking like radical unschoolers around here. lol. Oh well!

expat: my kiddos are bickering a lot too, but mostly our 3 yo is taking it out on us! He throws diapers and burp clothes out of my reach and basically has been "a real pill" as his nana would say. I feel like crying a lot because when I think about giving my kids, my house, my yard, my cat (I did have a cat at one time, I'm sure of it. ), my husband, homeschooling, friends....what did I miss, oh yeah myself! the energy that it all needs everyday...I want to crawl in my bathtub and cry.

So sorry everyone is having comments from the inlaws, mine are great but there are a few family members that irk me. My BIL is the main one, I'm always feeding or parenting my kids wrong in his eyes, but the bad thing is he doesn't lecture he just makes a joke like my family is absurd. That makes me more mad. And then my husband has an aunt who I avoid like the plague, I had to see her once last week and her comment when I started NIP was "you know they make these covers you could wear over yourself in public?" I almost said, "yeah? didn't know the Taliban controlled our country?" But I didn't of course. I'm just sassy like that sometimes.

Anyway...nursing is getting loads better, still a lot of letdown but dd is getting the hang of it. Except at night, can't lay down and nurse without it coming out her nose and choking her. What is with that? I never had that with my boys and I thought it would be better as she got bigger?

homeschooling, breastfeeding, cosleeping mama to ds1(7), ds2(3) and dd(3 months)
#36 of 41 Old 08-14-2010, 05:19 PM

Wow, i finally made it through reading the whole thread (and last weeks).
I'm too tired and pressed for time to quote and address all the bits i'd like to respond to

Rebecka is 1 month old today! She is almost 13lbs already!
I've lost 25lbs, so just under 20 to go... i can 'thank' mastitis for the fast weight loss.

Girly parts- I took a good look down there a few weeks after Lizzy was born and i never got over what i saw LOL. I'm totally healed this time, things feel normal, though i haven't DTD yet, i'm sure i could. With Lizzy, it was 12 wks before i could have sex and i was much, much tighter since i had pulled muscles and such.

Actually, i've wondered for a few years... here is a really embarrassing question and TMI... did anyone else have, like, skin/membrane before a baby that isn't there anymore? I mean from vaginal opening upwards between labia minor... because i did, and it isn't there anymore. Just curious. My doctor didn't seem to understand what i was saying when i asked him.

I have such a fast letdown, Rebecka pulls off until it subsides. She gets full and then won't comfort nurse unless it is an empty boob. It's weird to find different ways to comfort her and put her to sleep, with lizzy she was happy as long as she had a boob!

Mom to Lizzy born May 2007 & expecting Baby#2 June/July 2010
#37 of 41 Old 08-14-2010, 11:50 PM

SO like most of you ladies I just had a minute to sit and read and no time to quote....I am really concerned about my bleeding I am 5 wks pp today and never stopped bleeding (bled for 10 wks with first dd) I slowed down ALOT and just spotted occasionally for the last 1.5wk but all of a sudden on friday I started bleeding bright red it is almost period like. I have a mw apt on monday and they are having me watch and make sure it stays period like (starts low, peaks and then tapers off) and watching for infection/hemmorage signs. LOVELY. I am hoping its just a period I am sick of wearing pads lol!
I get to go home in 2 weeks I couldn't ever be happier to sit in a car and drive 12 straight hours as I am right now! We are going to do it in 2 days in chunks of time around 2hours (so babe can nurse and we can stretch).
I also can't wait to get home so my diet can return to normal. My inlaws eat like crapola and sadly in my sleepy state I have no willpower to resist the oreos and junk and no energy to make the good food (no excuse for my bad eating but hey it happens!) I didn't gain much with this preg and have been back down to my original weight since 1 wk pp but I am still 30lbs over where I would like to be and am starting to feel antzy about getting it all off and being done with it! This is also compounded by my still bleeding because I cannot work out until that stops...hopefully once I get home and start eating right I will feel better emotional (bc I will be home!) and feel better physically andthe weight will just melt off (hehe yeah right! I can dream though!) it was impossible for me to lose last time while nursing so I hope that changes this time....
#38 of 41 Old 08-15-2010, 02:57 PM

I was in the same boat at 4 weeks pp. I took three days of methergrin since my uterus wasn't feeling as small and firm as it should by then. I see my MW again Tues and hopefully that is good. But my bladder feels strange to me now...hopefully not distended although it feels tender right above my pubic bone and slightly bulging. jeesh.

I've lost about 25 pounds and could fit into some of my larger sized pre-preggo pants yesterday!

but still haven't found time or energy to do much real exercising. I'm going to try to carve out some yoga time for myself and be good with that.

elim diets are starting to bother me...I'm a foodie and I want to nosh on some real food!! But I don't like the fussy, gassy spit-ups either!

homeschooling, breastfeeding, cosleeping mama to ds1(7), ds2(3) and dd(3 months)
#39 of 41 Old 08-15-2010, 11:45 PM

chattyprincess - I'm so sick of wearing pads too! Dd is 4.5 weeks, and just when I thought it had tapered off and I was done, it started again... So frustrating! Otherwise, physically I feel great! Already lost all the weight - just waiting to get back to the gym and get rid of the flab...
Dd nurses ALL the time - though slept for more than 3 hours in one stretch last night.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who's always horribly overheated! Dw thinks I'm crazy!!!
terra-pip - no one should make you feel badly about your parenting! Trust yourself and ignore the negativity!

Erika, mama to Sawyer 6/04 joy.gifand Gracie 7/10energy.gif  :, dw Amy:

treehugger.gifsaynovax.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed2.gifRainbow.gif

#40 of 41 Old 08-16-2010, 12:23 AM

7 weeks pp tomorrow, wow time is speedy by. DD is super cute and really starting to coo and smile with a giggle kind of sound here and there. She's really big and strong too, especially when I see her next to a baby the same age.

I've lost 25 lbs and have 15 more to go to get to prepregnancy weight, though I would like to loose a bit more than that. I'm trying not to be in a rush, but I just don't like the way my body feels. I'm not used to being so squishy. I've started biking around with my toddler in the bike trailer and really really enjoy it. But I need to build up my stamina. I'd love to go swimming, but I need to figure out the logistics of it, with having two wee ones and all. I don't want to bottle feed (BM) so soon, but I feel like I might need two people one for each of my children to come to the pool with me, but that is just ridiculous!

I'm having issues figuring out what to wear. I'm not used to enormous breasts and I like low cut shirts because I can't stand the choking feeling of things around my neck. But giant cleavage isn't pretty, or my modesty has changed. Plus I spend so much time bent over dealing with dd. Half the time I think people can see all the way down my shirt past my boobage and to my toes. And I have muffin top issues too. gah. I just feel so uncomfortable. But I am sooo hungry all the time, tandem nursing, but I can never seem to get up from nursing around the clock. How many calories do twitchy toes burn?!

SAHM to DD 03/08 & DD 06/10 made with love with my DP

#41 of 41 Old 08-16-2010, 12:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
August 15 - 21 Weekly Postpartum Chat Thread:
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...7#post15739997

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page