My baby's on the move... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-26-2010, 08:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've noticed the past couple of naps and bedtimes that Stella is moving all over her crib. I'll put her down one direction and she will be 90 degrees of facing the other way when I return. She scooches up her knees and kind of propels herself forward. Last night she woke up screaming at 2 a.m. (unlike her normal squeaks to get my attention) and she had flipped herself from her tummy to her back. I think she scared herself in the process! Could be a fluke, we'll see if she rolls anymore today. I just can't believe it! She's my third (and last) baby...she could take her time learning these things!

She just did it again-back to tummy. I caught it on video too! My nanny told me that she found her that way (from her tummy to back) yesterday, but didn't want to tell me so I could see it "first". I am so not ready for this!

Mama to Noah and Sophie and Stella 7/4/ 2010
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2010, 12:35 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yep, time rolls merrily forward! Smart baby!

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
Old 08-26-2010, 09:04 PM

yeah..the same here. Though no success yet but dd is really trying to roll and nearly getting there...getting happier during tummy time too. And if she's on my lap I have got to keep one hand on her always, and in the bath too, she's a wiggly, kicky thing!

homeschooling, breastfeeding, cosleeping mama to ds1(7), ds2(3) and dd(3 months)
Old 08-31-2010, 11:44 PM

Yep. My boy is only just now going on 5wks and he can wiggle himself around and roll (though not from laying flat) pretty good.

The other night, he was laying on his tummy and totally tried to get up onto all fours! Crazy! He holds his head up and looks around, too. Super cute seeing him trying to scope out the world around him.

Happy and in love with my family!

User Tag List