Growth Spurt is Killing Me - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 08-30-2010, 04:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know this is just a growth spurt. I know it will pass. But right now, I'm in a really bad place. My toddler is being extremely needy and my infant has been nursing literally nonstop for the past 5 hours. And when I say nonstop, I mean non-freaking-stop - if I put him down to get a glass of water, he starts screaming. Please PLEASE tell me this will end soon. I'm dying here.
#2 of 9 Old 08-30-2010, 05:57 PM

It will end soon until the next time.

I understand...my 3 year old is always especially needy when the babe is and my 7 year old is none too helpful.

Maybe your little one needs a nap, mine dd at 8 weeks is just startting to sleep out of arms...for about 10 mins at a time...a record! Maybe nurse and then slip your lo into a sling or carrier of some sort and maybe they'll sleep a little that way. I think the Moby should be required at home wear.

homeschooling, breastfeeding, cosleeping mama to ds1(7), ds2(3) and dd(3 months)
#3 of 9 Old 08-30-2010, 06:05 PM

I'm with you.

My usually calm, peaceful baby won't let me put her down for two seconds and seems to want to eat constantly.
She has been sooo fussy the last two days. I thought "could she be teething already?" at first because she has a lot of slobber too. But we're right at 7 weeks, so it must be the growth spurt.

Mama to DS (5/13/02) and DD (7/13/10)
#4 of 9 Old 08-30-2010, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! He's finally FINALLY asleep. (On me, of course, but not nursing, at least.) And DH SOSOSOSO deserves the "D" today - he came home early unexpectedly. I love him
#5 of 9 Old 08-31-2010, 12:55 AM

We had one of those days on Saturday- my birthday!
DS nursed from 5 am until 5 pm then we had my birthday dinner and he nursed from 8 till 10 then slept for two five hour stretches and slept so much the next day! It was crazy. Now we are back to our regularly scheduled program.

Me dreads.gif 32, loving him fuzmalesling.gif33, more each day. Rad boy, jog.gif 7/12/10 & Cool gal baby.gif  4/28/13

I'm a biracial, atheist, humanist, pacifist, anarchist, bibliophile, and educator. Rainbow.gifgd.gifwinner.jpgnocirc.gif

#6 of 9 Old 08-31-2010, 07:01 PM

we've been having a lot of those mega nurses around here lately as well.

Hanging in there, trying to enjoy this, knowing it doesn't last.

I have a Baby Blues comic clipped out from my ds1's babyhood that shows the mom nursing and telling her baby that their nursing days would soon be over. Then she's throwing her hands in the air yelling Whoopie!!!..then she thinks about it...last scene shows her crying uncontrollably.

yep...that's what it feels like.

homeschooling, breastfeeding, cosleeping mama to ds1(7), ds2(3) and dd(3 months)
#7 of 9 Old 08-31-2010, 11:05 PM

Ds, too! We went to the library and NIPped 4 times, and we were only there for about an hour and a half or so Little piglets! And I can totally feel the supply/demand thing happening in my breasts---at the beginning of the growth spurt, my boobs felt empty all the time; now they feel full all the time.

Happy and in love with my family!
#8 of 9 Old 09-01-2010, 02:02 AM

Every evening for the past week!

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#9 of 9 Old 09-01-2010, 08:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Day and night around here. Thank goodness for the Moby and my ring sling. I nurse him everywhere -- the supermarket, the thrift store, the indoor playground, in line at a fast food joint, going down the elevator or stairs to our parking garage, waiting in the van during my oil change..... with the two others to run after there is no other way to remain sane.

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page