Period back already!? TMI alert - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 09-02-2010, 02:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
UGH - so with the 2 previous kids i had a full 6 weeks of bleeding pp and then 4 weeks later got af back. It sucks but at least i had that month where i wasnt bleeding. Well this time i bled not nearly as heavily and was down to spotting by 4 1/4 weeks pp.
This weekend i was still spotting lightly. Monday i took my toddler to a gymnastics play place and spotted much heavier and it was back to red again. It kept up tues and yesterday also. Yeah, this morning i woke up with a full heavy period.

My baby will be 6 weeks TOMORROW! So, i can have an almost 12 lb baby and nurse him all the freakin time (along with nursing a 2 year old!) and get af back before 6 weeks. I got no freakin break in bleeding at all. So, i am nursing an over 14 lb newborn, a 2 year old a few times a day and i still get af back. This is so not cool!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 09-02-2010, 07:36 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow, that sucks! You must just be Fertile Myrtle. At least now you can start charting? Just trying to shed some positivity on the situation, but really, what a bummer!

btw, I like your sig line!

Happy and in love with my family!
#3 of 7 Old 09-02-2010, 08:15 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks I guess i know why i downed 2 krispy kremes and a chocolate bar yesterday.

The sucky thing is i am clinically infertile. When we tried 2 years for #2 i would get so mad when every month i would get my period right on schedule. My fertility issue is one good ovary and one good tube - on opposite sides.

I wish there was a pill that would not affect supply because i would take it continually and not have a period. Bleck. At least that means my iron is probably back up :P
#4 of 7 Old 09-02-2010, 09:50 PM
MJB

I got mine back at 3 mos. with my first and 7 mos. with my second (while tandem nursing). This time around, only nursing one baby who basically sleeps through the night, I expect to get it back soon again. I thought I might be getting it about a week ago because I had some bright red blood but it was only a little bit and only for two days, so I think it was just leftover PP bleeding, but I'm not positive.

The Mirena IUD is okay for breastfeeding and it makes a lot of women stop getting periods. I've considered getting one myself for that very reason (my husband got a vasectomy recently so I don't need it for birth control!)
#5 of 7 Old 09-02-2010, 10:37 PM - Thread Starter

as much as an iud squicks me out i am tempted...
#6 of 7 Old 09-13-2010, 08:36 PM
MJB

Update on the spotting I had a couple weeks ago:
Full on period started today.
#7 of 7 Old 09-13-2010, 09:45 PM - Thread Starter

ugh - that sucks

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page