Can't believe I didn't share this! Fiona updatery inside! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-04-2010, 03:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Fiona is now 10 weeks old! She's doing fairly well, growing on schedule, increasing in weight and length percentiles, which is awesome. Unfortunately, she hasn't taken anything orally in over a week, but I persevere. Pumping is going well, though, and I'm starting to think about what to do with the milk in the freezer, because some of it's going to go bad before she's old enough for me to use it for cooking for her. I'm up to about 17 liters stored, 14+ in the freezer for long term storage. We had to buy a chest freezer, there's so much!

Her omphalocele is healing really well. It's also getting smaller, so we think the liver and bowel are moving into her abdomen on their own a bit. Soon, we'll be able to start wrapping with an ace bandage to ease stuff in even more. But first we have to get her reflux under control.

She's still puking a lot, but we upped the prevacid and that seems to be helping some. We also changed the settings on her feeding pump to do smaller feeds more frequently, but we're trying to ease back to every 3 hr feeds, so she has a chance to get hungry, because I don't see how we're going to get her back to oral feeds otherwise. The nutritionist is being really strict about how much she can take from the breast (all the pumped milk gets fortified), but it's kinda moot for now .

Cora is home from being at her dad's for 8 weeks. She left a week after Fiona was born, which was really good for her. She didn't have to deal with all the stuff in the early weeks, and get neglected. We are so glad to have her home, though! It feels so wonderful to have my family complete under one roof. She dotes on her little sister, and little sister loves her! She already recognized her voice from the stories Cora had recorded for her before she left, and she just lights up when Cora comes in the room. Cora's also been really great about entertaining her while I pump, though that's a temporary thing, because she starts 7th grade on Tuesday!

Yeah, yeah, you all just clicked for pics, I know!

The omphalocele, from birth to recently (graphic)

Fiona at 2 months: if you have facebook, use this one, click through each one, it tells a story. If you don't have facebook, use this one, and click "next" above and to the right of each pic, until the end.

scifi-convention runners Kate, DH Drew 11/07, DD Cora 12/97. We , ,
Welcome to baby Fiona with a giant omphalocele, 6/17/10!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2010, 04:55 AM

Wow, thank you for sharing this.

She is super cute! I love your photo story of her.

It does look in the pics like the omphalocele is getting smaller; I am so glad she is healing well.

She looks like quite the spirited little gal!

Happy and in love with my family!
Old 09-05-2010, 02:35 PM

Looks like the omphalocele is really going down! Thanks for the update.

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

Old 09-05-2010, 02:47 PM

What a beautiful baby she is!

coolshine.gif Mama to DS ('06), DD ('08), and DD (9.18.11).

Old 09-05-2010, 11:21 PM

I'm so glad to hear that things are going well, I was thinking about you recently. She is such an adorable little girl, keep up the good work, Momma! (and Fiona!)

Hey, Babe  +  Me  =  Little Man 07-27-08  &  the Storm Sprite 07-11-10  computergeek2.gif    
Old 09-06-2010, 03:08 PM

Thanks for updating! So happy to hear you guys are well.

Lana: Mama to Mya Oct/2007 and Ainsley July/2010
Old 09-07-2010, 11:07 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
nak

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
Old 09-08-2010, 06:57 AM - Thread Starter

She nursed tonight! It was only for a minute, but she was happy, not screaming as though merely being offered the breast was murder most foul. I am so glad, I really had started to believe it was over. Now I have hope.

scifi-convention runners Kate, DH Drew 11/07, DD Cora 12/97. We , ,
Welcome to baby Fiona with a giant omphalocele, 6/17/10!
Old 09-08-2010, 01:36 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
That's so wonderful Kate!

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)

User Tag List