~*~ September 5 - 11 Chat Thread ~*~ - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 09-08-2010, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Better late than never!

Life's been really hectic here. This morning I started bleeding again (bright red blood) after no bleeding for a couple of weeks!!! And I bleed after we dtd earlier this week. I am surprised. Ds is 7 weeks. I guess I've been doing too much. I need to rest more, but it's so hard with the two active girls. Things have been very hectic here. I freaked out on the girls yesterday and am very NOT PROUD of how it went down. Thankfully it was brief but

Anyway, how is everybody else doing?

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#2 of 7 Old 09-08-2010, 12:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Back in Russia, back on mdc and back to real life where MIL isn't cooking, cleaning and babysitting!
Surfacing- I don't know how you Mamas of 3+ manage. Please be gentle to yourself.
I haven't been the best Mummy to DS lately. He's spirited and driving me nuts with his incessant chatter and general noise poor guy. I'm trying hard to be patient....

DD travelled well but has been super gassy and fussy since we got back.
Gtg more later!!

Emma - Welsh Wife to DH and Mummy to DS, Lloyd 13/08/07 and Cerys 15/07/10
Living in Russia
#3 of 7 Old 09-09-2010, 11:01 PM

hello.. I am still reading along with you all, but there is a lot of stress going on in my life aside from having a new born baby. He is fussy and doesn't want to take the boob unless he's super hungry. I think he has tongue tie but haven't seen the LC about it yet. He is still growing well though.
#4 of 7 Old 09-10-2010, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
How are things going Majazama? Is your stbx still under your roof?

Hi Welsh

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#5 of 7 Old 09-11-2010, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majazama View Post
hello.. I am still reading along with you all, but there is a lot of stress going on in my life aside from having a new born baby. He is fussy and doesn't want to take the boob unless he's super hungry. I think he has tongue tie but haven't seen the LC about it yet. He is still growing well though.
So sorry you're having such a hard time with your stbx

Hi Surfacing!!

I've got a couple of mins to post as DD is sleeping in the pack n play in the living room. Strange child, she likes to be put down today...yesterday not so much!
Sooooo different to DS. She's having her longest nap ever, coming up for 3 hrs, I'll prob wake her then. She's catching up, I think, as she's been getting too tired in the day because our house is open plan and noisy. DS is a big chatterbox!
Last night she slept from 8ish-1am and I should've offered the 2nd boob but I didn't and so she woke to nurse again an hour later. Silly me!
I don't want to assume this is a pattern though as things change as soon as you get used to them, right?!
I remember when DS was 5 mths he was sleeping from 8pm-3am and I thought I'd hit the jackpot. Well let's just say that that all changed and he never slept as long as that again until he weaned at 26 mths!!

Bedtime is really hard though. DS needs more time with me than usual (all the changes of travelling etc) and DD is having her fussy time then and wants to sleep too but needs to cry and be walked and jiggled.
How do you do it Mamas? DH has been home at 6pm this wk to help but that's not normal.

Best wishes to you all and your LOs

Emma - Welsh Wife to DH and Mummy to DS, Lloyd 13/08/07 and Cerys 15/07/10
Living in Russia
#6 of 7 Old 09-12-2010, 01:09 AM

Sucks about the PP bleeding coming back Surfacing! Surely a sign that mama needs some down time. Hope it disappears again soon.

Hi Welsh! Glad to hear you are settling in back home. Is it getting chilly there yet? My relatives in Ottawa had a cold week (Did you know that Ottawa is the coldest capitol city (coldest avg temps) in the world? I thought it would be Moscow, but nope!). It's cute that LLoyd is a chatterbox- I love the things kids say at that age.

Things have been hectic around here too. I'm struggling with DS's sleep or lack of it. I realized he should be sleeping a LOT more than he has been and so have been trying desperately to get him to sleep more during the day. It's hard. Before I was just kind of letting him sleep whenever he fell asleep and he was up pretty much all day. But he's started to look tired and he's been fussy- I read he should be getting at least 14 hours a day. I was wondering why everyone is always trying to get their babes to sleep, I thought I was lucky because DS just went to sleep on his own. But he wasn't getting enough and I feel like an idiot mom letting him be so tired all this time. Now I've joined the ranks- bouncing, rocking, swinging, walking, singing- trying so hard to get this kid to sleep! At night he does ok but he needs an earlier bedtime- it's hard to really get him in bed before 11pm then he wants up for the day at 6am. There's usually 2 wakings in there too. I'm exhausted, he's exhausted... we need some SLEEP around here! Yawn.

In other news, I'm thinking of going to this moms + tots group they have here. I really am not friends with any other moms of babies and the social life has pretty much tanked, not that it was too exciting before. I'm not a person who needs to always hang out with lots of friends at all, but I guess it might be nice to know some other moms and for Konrad to have some little friends his age eventually. But I'm afraid the meetups will be lame and boring. It's not like DS can play with the other kids! And I am nervous being thrown into a group of people who already all know each other. And we still haven't decided what, if any, vax we will get for DS- I know the risk of illness is very low but the "playgroup" would be in a setting for contagion that he hasn't been exposed to yet. Meh. Maybe we'll wait a few months.

Yikes the weeks are flying by! DS is 9 weeks today!!!

Me dreads.gif 32, loving him fuzmalesling.gif33, more each day. Rad boy, jog.gif 7/12/10 & Cool gal baby.gif  4/28/13

I'm a biracial, atheist, humanist, pacifist, anarchist, bibliophile, and educator. Rainbow.gifgd.gifwinner.jpgnocirc.gif

#7 of 7 Old 09-12-2010, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expat-mama View Post
My relatives in Ottawa had a cold week
yup it was chilly! woke up one morning and it was 12 in the house, so dp turned the heat on to get the chill off...(which I think was ridiculous but he said he wanted to check the furnace and it was unfair to the kids to have a cold house!) We had the AC on a few days earlier.

SAHM to DD 03/08 & DD 06/10 made with love with my DP

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page