Mothering Forum banner

Ppd?

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  2Peaches 
#1 ·
So I was doing great!! Then last week LO started screaming during car rides. This makes things rather hairy since we spend 2 hrs per day driving DS to and from school. I was still holding it together. Then on Sunday DH and I had a pretty humongo fight. I completely lost it. This whole week I am a wreck. I feel broken. I cry when the baby cries in the car. I really feel like the fight broke me, although now am wondering if this is all a coincidence and I have a case of late onset PPD? I'm not evening feeling the warm and fuzzies when LO goos at me. I just needed to actually get these thoughts out and share them with someone.

#2 ·
I think some women experience ppd as late as 1 year postpartum.
I do know what the car situation is like. DS screamed the second he was put in the car. It was so stressful as we lived in tx with no mass transit, few sidewalks, 100% humidity. Not conducive for walking anywhere.
He did outgrow it but it was a horrible time.

Are you getting any rest? Eating enough? Is there a professonal you could speak too eg midwife or therapist?

#4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by welsh View Post
I think some women experience ppd as late as 1 year postpartum.
I have been told this also.

Quote:

Originally Posted by welsh View Post
Are you getting any rest? Eating enough? Is there a professonal you could speak too eg midwife or therapist?
Agree with all this, and continuing the prenatals.

#5 ·
Awww, hang in there. I crashed at about 6wks pp and called the mw office and was told to try an iron supplement (I was also lightheaded along with a relapse of anxiety, depressed mood, and exhaustion). I noticed a huge difference after the iron supplement, and was kicking myself for not calling the office about it sooner. I would call, it couldn't hurt. Hugs to you, Mama.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.