~*~ September 24-30 Chat Thread ~*~ - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 09-24-2010, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Mamas!!

Just wondering how everyone and their babes are doing? It's been about a year now since we all started conceiving our babes! (we started posting in the ddc about 11 months ago) Wild eh?!

Things are going well for me and my babe. She has a tooth! A tooth emerged a couple days ago, I'm kindof in denial...my dd1 didn't have her first tooth until 9 months old.
She's actually enjoying some belly time, which I know most babies hate...so I find her a bit peculiar! She loves to spend some time in her bouncer and swat and coo at a toy lion that hangs down. She has started grasping toys and bringing them to her mouth. She also has started staring intently at my cleavage!! haha. And she has a thing now for holding my breast while she feeds. She is very specific about her desires and makes herself well understood as far as body language and specific cries for hungry, tired, soother, wet, annoyed etc. it's neat.

She's in 6 month clothing now too. Time flies!

As for me, I'm feeling well. If it wasn't for the stretch marks and extra weight and baby!) I feel like I've never been pregnant. This is not the same as with dd1's postpartum. I hemorrhaged and felt depleted for months after the birth.

I've started a journal using a calendar. I write down all the little details this way on a daily basis, in point form. So much easier than writing in a journal! And so much easier to flip through a years worth of memories that way.

How are you all doing?

SAHM to DD 03/08 & DD 06/10 made with love with my DP

#2 of 2 Old 09-28-2010, 09:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
great idea with the calendar! i've been soooo lax with keeping records with this one~ i'll have to break out the calendar again. i did that with my older ones for the first 2 years. i don't know where my mind is this time around!

a tooth already?? wowsers!! this is really flying by!

i am just loving the fact that kaia is so awake now. i love her gummy, drooly grins. i love the smell of her hair. i love the brilliant light in her bright blue eyes. i adore her little baby sighs as she falls deeply asleep in my arms. i am really just hopelessly head over heels with this tiny little person who just seems to be growing by leaps and bounds. it's killing me that this is going so fast!

that all sounds so cliche, huh?

i love that your little one is making her needs so easily known. isn't it amazing that someone so small can let us know what they need? i love being able to decode this little ones needs. she is such an easy baby. whimpering and wiggly? hungry or has poops. crying? ignored hunger or dirty dipe warning whimpers. easy peasy.

i only hope she stays this easy!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page