that's funny

~Janie~ | DH | DS: '05. - Playful Parenting/UP. Baby girl July 2010
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2010, 04:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I remember reading and hearing from multiple sources that if you go longer than 4 hours between feeds (or pumps, or some sort of breast stimulation), then yes, it IS POSSIBLE to ovulate. So 12 hours of no feeds sounds like a pretty big possibility. And what you are describing would make me think the exact same thing you are thinking...so be careful, if you're not willing to another baby less than a year after this one!

A + J = Miriam (November 2006) and Raymond (June 2010)
Old 10-07-2010, 09:37 AM

Yes, I think according to LAM (Lactational Amenorrhea Method of birth control) baby must be breastfed exclusively with no more than 3 hours during the day or 6 hours at night between feedings. All suckling must be from the breast, no pacifiers, and baby must be under 6 months old for it to be a reliable method of birth control. So be careful
Old 10-09-2010, 12:23 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Well damn! I just came by to post that I might be getting my period! Some pink tinged CM this morning! DS is EBF, but there have been times I've gone more than 3 hrs since returning to work. And there have probably been times that have gone that long at night without me realizing it. That's a bit of info I never came across

Loving mama to Aden (8/5/2010) and DSD (15).
Old 10-09-2010, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonalee View Post
Well damn! I just came by to post that I might be getting my period! Some pink tinged CM this morning! DS is EBF, but there have been times I've gone more than 3 hrs since returning to work. And there have probably been times that have gone that long at night without me realizing it. That's a bit of info I never came across
I have had pink-tinged CM off and on for the last couple of weeks, but no AF.

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

Old 10-09-2010, 07:02 PM

Crap, I just might be borderline with the daytime nursing. I don't really keep track, but it seems like he's spaced out his feedings.

hide.gif Me 41, single mom to modifiedartist.gifdd 4/2001 and demon.gif ds 7/17/2010

Old 10-13-2010, 04:57 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
So interesting, I have really been wondering about this a lot too lately. (TMI ALERT Lots of wet CM and wondering what the heck?

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
Old 10-13-2010, 09:32 PM

Ugh, I had what seemed like stretchy ewcm last week, too, and I'm about it! I'm blaming it on my one night a week job, just three hrs at work but probably bordering on or possibly just past four hours from when I nurse him before work to when I get home and nurse/pump. Grrr . . .

Otherwise, this boy definitely suckles at least every 3 hrs. We wakes me up about 3-4x a night, so I'm not worried about that.

Happy and in love with my family!

User Tag List