I did something so STUPID! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 10-12-2010, 03:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had a mocha. I would have caffeine occasionally when I was pregnant, and have had half decaf or just decaf drinks since once in a while. It never caused any problems. Well, my dh picked up a mocha for me, which I really wanted and appreciated because I was tired! He got a full caf one and boy did we see it!

DD was awake ALL DAY LONG! She took a 15 minute nap at one point and the rest of the day was totally awake, from about 8:30, her normal wake time..then I had the mocha. She was so happy all day (that part was good) and never napped, then she wouldn't go to sleep at night until midnight, and woke again at one. After that she slept till 8:30, but sheesh!!! No more caffeine for me!!!!

Artist, teacher, wife and mommy to DSS, DD1, DD2 and surprise baby girl on the way, 7/12!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 10-12-2010, 03:22 PM
MJB

I drink a coffee or mocha once or twice a day, so I know it's not the caffeine's fault, but Edie stayed awake from 9:30am to 8:30am on Saturday. She was also pretty happy but I was like geez kid, take a nap! Just sayin', it could have been a fluke!
#3 of 9 Old 10-12-2010, 06:05 PM

I must confess that I drink way too much coffee, but I'm not really complaining since ds does nap. Wonder what would happen if I cut back my caffeine consumption? Probably be the end of the world for me.

hide.gif Me 41, single mom to modifiedartist.gifdd 4/2001 and demon.gif ds 7/17/2010

#4 of 9 Old 10-12-2010, 07:10 PM

I drink coffee, pretty shamelessly tbh. Have you seen my parenting skills without caffeine?!! haha

Anyways, my dds both have endured my coffee addiction and both babes slept well. This new babe sleeps tons.

Your babe may have been reacting to your mocha, but maybe not. Either way, don't give yourself too much grief!

SAHM to DD 03/08 & DD 06/10 made with love with my DP

#5 of 9 Old 10-13-2010, 01:26 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakaikai View Post
I drink coffee, pretty shamelessly tbh. Have you seen my parenting skills without caffeine?!! haha

Your babe may have been reacting to your mocha, but maybe not. Either way, don't give yourself too much grief!
ITA. Without my daily 2 cups I would be useless from 6 am till noon. After that I'm ok.

I didn't drink any caffeine for the first month or so after DS was born and I started slow with a half a cup, working up to my two cups. I didn't notice ANY difference. I read that it'll only affect your LO if you drink like 10 cups a day or something.

Me dreads.gif 32, loving him fuzmalesling.gif33, more each day. Rad boy, jog.gif 7/12/10 & Cool gal baby.gif  4/28/13

I'm a biracial, atheist, humanist, pacifist, anarchist, bibliophile, and educator. Rainbow.gifgd.gifwinner.jpgnocirc.gif

#6 of 9 Old 10-13-2010, 03:47 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakaikai View Post

Anyways, my dds both have endured my coffee addiction and both babes slept well. This new babe sleeps tons.

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#7 of 9 Old 10-13-2010, 04:12 PM - Thread Starter

I just realized that saying I am stupid sounds really bad since a lot of people drink it, I'm not saying you are stupid! I was just stupid because I think I have seen a difference in her when drinking a half caf. I LOVE coffee though! I miss it and the funny thing is, she seemed to be up all day that day but I was dead tired!

It makes me feel better to know others are drinking coffee with no consequences...I may just have to brave it again so I can be sane and awake.

I don't feel so bad now. Thanks! I should also admit I was afraid it wasn't the coffee and she was going to decide she didn't need naps anymore! My dd1 decided that at 18 months and it wasn't so fun. I envy people who's kids nap until they are 3!

Artist, teacher, wife and mommy to DSS, DD1, DD2 and surprise baby girl on the way, 7/12!

#8 of 9 Old 10-17-2010, 01:59 PM

I like this! I drank 1 cup of coffee a day through my pregnancy and after with DD1, eventually starting to drink 2 cups a day as she got older, and my MIL gave me SUCH GRIEF!

DD1 hardly slept! She was never really a napper, having just one 30 - 45 minute nap by the time she was 3 months old, and she stopped taking one entirely before she was 1. She woke every 45 minutes to, max, hour and a half at night to nurse back to sleep every night until after she was 2. (When my milk ran out with DD2's pregnancy, she started waking only twice a night!) MIL always blamed my cup of coffee, but I saw no difference the couple times I stopped drinking it entirely for a few weeks.

DD2's pregnancy I stayed at usually 2 cups a day. I just couldn't deal with DD1 well without it and you know what? This baby sleeps like crazy!! She sleeps like I always heard babies sleep! I thought "sleeping like a baby" was a real funny phrase until she came along She goes down for the night generally in the vicinity of midnight and stays asleep until 6:30 or 7:30, but sometimes until 10:30! Then she nurses and goes back to sleep until around noonish. She's up until 2:30 and then goes back to sleep for 2 - 3 hours. She's up after that until around 8:30 usually, then naps for another hour, then is up until she falls asleep for the night again around midnight.

Anyway, too much info (can you tell I am totally blown away by this?) but the point is, I guess, if you want a cup of coffee, have one IMO

rainbow1284.gifJuise - stillheart.gif Vegan-organic greenthumb.gif food-growing mama to dust.gif Kaia Hanako - 8 Feb 08, babyf.gif Katalin Reiah - 13 July 10, flowerkitty.gif 4x Little Furry Kitty Friends, chicken3.gif 11x Chickens, goldfish.gif Assorted Aquatic Life, and Wife to malesling.GIF Lee. computergeek2.gif

http://thejuicery.blogspot.com/

#9 of 9 Old 10-21-2010, 09:39 PM

I am not in your DDC but I just noticed your post. I dealt with caffeine sensitivity with my son for TWO MONTHS before I realized it was the coffee affecting him. I only drank one cup in the morning, but he was highly sensitive to it. He'd sleep only 45 minutes at a time, and be up til midnight and awake by 8:30 am almost every day. It was awful. Makes me think how stupid I was to not realize that was what was doing it! Even today, he's almost 2 and still nursing, he can't have any caffeine outside of what little he gets in my milk or he'd be up all day!

DH(9/04) DS(12/08) and DD(5/11)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page