Af? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 10-17-2010, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So DD2 just hit 3 months I just started my third period a couple days ago. I was just wondering - anyone else? I got my first period just as my post-partum bleeding was finally starting to peter off. I cannot begin to tell you how upset I was about this, or how angry I was that DH just cannot understand why it was so upsetting. He just had a kind of, "Wow, that's a bummer," attitude and I know it really isn't his fault, he just can't understand but uugghh, sometimes I wish he would pretend anyway I wanted to slug him when probably the 3rd time I said "I can't believe I am really having my period already, this sucks so much," in the 6 days it lasted for he said, "Yeah, alright already, would you quit going on about it? Whining isn't helping"

I'm not quite that upset about it anymore, not as I was then (I kept crying about it ) but I am still a bit depressed and upset about it, although not so angry Am I alone?

rainbow1284.gifJuise - stillheart.gif Vegan-organic greenthumb.gif food-growing mama to dust.gif Kaia Hanako - 8 Feb 08, babyf.gif Katalin Reiah - 13 July 10, flowerkitty.gif 4x Little Furry Kitty Friends, chicken3.gif 11x Chickens, goldfish.gif Assorted Aquatic Life, and Wife to malesling.GIF Lee. computergeek2.gif

http://thejuicery.blogspot.com/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 10-17-2010, 04:52 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juise View Post
I wanted to slug him when probably the 3rd time I said "I can't believe I am really having my period already, this sucks so much," in the 6 days it lasted for he said, "Yeah, alright already, would you quit going on about it? Whining isn't helping"
My reply here would have been, maybe if I got some sympathy!!

Mine hasn't started, but I did have some pink tinged CM. After which I came here and found out it can start if you aren't breastfeeding or pumping every 2-3 hours. I'm not very good about that. DS is a good sleeper and I often get swamped at work. So I'll be with you soon probably. In the meantime, you do have my sympathy!

Loving mama to Aden (8/5/2010) and DSD (15).
#3 of 7 Old 10-18-2010, 12:39 AM

HAH! me too, exactly the same time you got yours both times that happened for me....I was upset but not surprised the second time but my first dd I freaked! LOL! Plus I find periods while nursing harder since you have so many other hormones adding those ones is just that much more difficult!
#4 of 7 Old 10-18-2010, 11:40 AM
MJB

I've had two already, one at 8 weeks and one at 12 weeks. I agree it's annoying but I'm not depressed or really upset. Are you feeling okay otherwise?
#5 of 7 Old 10-21-2010, 12:45 AM - Thread Starter

neonalee - This one does go longer between nursing, although I'm not sure she had by one month when my period started But DD1 hadn't gone more than an hour and a half max, let alone 3 hours between nursing sessions before my period started with her!

chattyprincess - Well, I'm not glad you didn't get a break, either, but I'm kind of glad I'm not alone, hehe

MJB - I'm doing better about it now, I think. Mostly just disappointed and annoyed. I guess I couldn't say exactly why it was so disappointing and upsetting, other than the first 2 weeks post-partum were really rough and stressful for me, and then it was just another thing that wasn't what I wanted

rainbow1284.gifJuise - stillheart.gif Vegan-organic greenthumb.gif food-growing mama to dust.gif Kaia Hanako - 8 Feb 08, babyf.gif Katalin Reiah - 13 July 10, flowerkitty.gif 4x Little Furry Kitty Friends, chicken3.gif 11x Chickens, goldfish.gif Assorted Aquatic Life, and Wife to malesling.GIF Lee. computergeek2.gif

http://thejuicery.blogspot.com/

#6 of 7 Old 10-24-2010, 12:26 PM

I think AF just started today and I'm bummed, too. I was so hoping to get a longer break this time, but it doesn't look like it. This just sucks.

hide.gif Me 41, single mom to modifiedartist.gifdd 4/2001 and demon.gif ds 7/17/2010

#7 of 7 Old 10-24-2010, 02:22 PM

No AF yet, though I am back at work, trying to pump every 3 hours or so, but it doesn't always happen.

I got a Mirena a few days ago, so all bets are off now anyway.

ProtoLawyer (the now-actual lawyer, this isn't legal advice,  please don't take legal advice from some anonymous yahoo on the Internet)
Spouse (the political geek) * Stepdaughter (the artist) * and introducing...the Baby (um, he's a baby? He likes shiny things).

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page