Mothering Forum banner

Af?

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  ProtoLawyer 
#1 ·
So DD2 just hit 3 months I just started my third period a couple days ago. I was just wondering - anyone else? I got my first period just as my post-partum bleeding was finally starting to peter off. I cannot begin to tell you how upset I was about this, or how angry I was that DH just cannot understand why it was so upsetting. He just had a kind of, "Wow, that's a bummer," attitude and I know it really isn't his fault, he just can't understand but uugghh, sometimes I wish he would pretend anyway
I wanted to slug him when probably the 3rd time I said "I can't believe I am really having my period already, this sucks so much," in the 6 days it lasted for he said, "Yeah, alright already, would you quit going on about it? Whining isn't helping"

I'm not quite that upset about it anymore, not as I was then (I kept crying about it
) but I am still a bit depressed and upset about it, although not so angry
Am I alone?

See less See more
#2 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Juise View Post
I wanted to slug him when probably the 3rd time I said "I can't believe I am really having my period already, this sucks so much," in the 6 days it lasted for he said, "Yeah, alright already, would you quit going on about it? Whining isn't helping"

My reply here would have been, maybe if I got some sympathy!!

Mine hasn't started, but I did have some pink tinged CM. After which I came here and found out it can start if you aren't breastfeeding or pumping every 2-3 hours. I'm not very good about that. DS is a good sleeper and I often get swamped at work. So I'll be with you soon probably. In the meantime, you do have my sympathy!

#3 ·
HAH! me too, exactly the same time you got yours both times that happened for me....I was upset but not surprised the second time but my first dd I freaked! LOL! Plus I find periods while nursing harder since you have so many other hormones adding those ones is just that much more difficult!

#5 ·
neonalee - This one does go longer between nursing, although I'm not sure she had by one month when my period started
But DD1 hadn't gone more than an hour and a half max, let alone 3 hours between nursing sessions before my period started with her!

chattyprincess - Well, I'm not glad you didn't get a break, either, but I'm kind of glad I'm not alone, hehe

MJB - I'm doing better about it now, I think. Mostly just disappointed and annoyed. I guess I couldn't say exactly why it was so disappointing and upsetting, other than the first 2 weeks post-partum were really rough and stressful for me, and then it was just another thing that wasn't what I wanted

#7 ·
No AF yet, though I am back at work, trying to pump every 3 hours or so, but it doesn't always happen.

I got a Mirena a few days ago, so all bets are off now anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.