Introduce yourselves? - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 99 Old 12-23-2009, 05:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am still waiting for my blaring BFP, but am cautiously coming out of lurkdom to say "hi." I am straddling the TTC boards and August DDC currently (i.e., haven't let any threadkeepers move me to graduates yet, haven't posted on the Aug DDC sticky roster, and haven't yet recorded any of my faint tests as positive on my chart). But I've been lurking so long I feel I just have to come out of hiding. Whatever will be will be and I just want to try to enjoy "now."

DP (30) and I (28) have been TTC for awhile now, but not nearly as long as some mamas, using a known donor. We had an early loss this past summer, which is probably part of the reason for my hesitation and lack of faith in faint lines. I am planning to try to hold out till Christmas morning to test again (last test was Monday) so that we can get a nice, no-squinting-needed BFP from Santa. Lol.

Anyway, I think I am either 19 or 15 dpo, depending on when O actually happened. The weirdest thing that happened this cycle was a TON of EWCM. Like, lots. For a long time. But I'm fairly confident about FF's O date, since I almost always O either CD16 or 17. My temps remain high and stable, and no sign of AF.... although today there is more of a "tightening" feeling in my uterus area. I wouldn't call it cramps, exactly, just a very intense awareness.

I'm cautiously optimistic about being able to share these next 8 months with you mamas. EDD (again, depending on O day) is 8/27. This will be our first little one.

OMG, I'm so apprehensive about clicking the "submit" button on this post... but I think I just need to bite the bullet. Thanks all, for allowing me to join you on this journey.

ETA: Oh, what else? Um, DP and I have been together for going on 9 years, had a commitment ceremony in Philadelphia 9/06, and bought a house in S. Jersey last November. We were "civil union-ized" in February. We have two "fur baby" cats, Ra and Keary. Um. I think that's it for now?

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 99 Old 12-23-2009, 06:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi everyone. I'm a mom of 4 boys and 1 girl. I was a little scared at first but I think I'm finally starting to get a little excited to be here!
#93 of 99 Old 12-24-2009, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndzies View Post
I am still waiting for my blaring BFP, but am cautiously coming out of lurkdom to say "hi." I am straddling the TTC boards and August DDC currently (i.e., haven't let any threadkeepers move me to graduates yet, haven't posted on the Aug DDC sticky roster, and haven't yet recorded any of my faint tests as positive on my chart). But I've been lurking so long I feel I just have to come out of hiding. Whatever will be will be and I just want to try to enjoy "now."

DP (30) and I (28) have been TTC for awhile now, but not nearly as long as some mamas, using a known donor. We had an early loss this past summer, which is probably part of the reason for my hesitation and lack of faith in faint lines. I am planning to try to hold out till Christmas morning to test again (last test was Monday) so that we can get a nice, no-squinting-needed BFP from Santa. Lol.

Anyway, I think I am either 19 or 15 dpo, depending on when O actually happened. The weirdest thing that happened this cycle was a TON of EWCM. Like, lots. For a long time. But I'm fairly confident about FF's O date, since I almost always O either CD16 or 17. My temps remain high and stable, and no sign of AF.... although today there is more of a "tightening" feeling in my uterus area. I wouldn't call it cramps, exactly, just a very intense awareness.

I'm cautiously optimistic about being able to share these next 8 months with you mamas. EDD (again, depending on O day) is 8/27. This will be our first little one.

OMG, I'm so apprehensive about clicking the "submit" button on this post... but I think I just need to bite the bullet. Thanks all, for allowing me to join you on this journey.

ETA: Oh, what else? Um, DP and I have been together for going on 9 years, had a commitment ceremony in Philadelphia 9/06, and bought a house in S. Jersey last November. We were "civil union-ized" in February. We have two "fur baby" cats, Ra and Keary. Um. I think that's it for now?
I spoke too soon... I knew it was too good to be true. Happy and healthy 9, mamas! Have a safe and wonderful holiday.

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#94 of 99 Old 12-25-2009, 04:46 AM

lyndzies, I'm sorry it didn't work out and sorry to see you go. good luck to you!

Franziska , DW to )oi , SAHM to Noah 06/2008, Sophia 08/2010, and Junis 11/2012

#95 of 99 Old 12-25-2009, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by franjapany View Post
lyndzies, I'm sorry it didn't work out and sorry to see you go. good luck to you!
Ditto, lots of hugs

Mum to Quinn, Aug 14th 2010
#96 of 99 Old 12-25-2009, 11:37 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
:

Momma to DS 1, age 8 and rainbow baby DS2 4-21-11.
#97 of 99 Old 12-25-2009, 02:35 PM

(((lyndzies))) So sorry mama. Be easy on yourself, ok?

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#98 of 99 Old 12-26-2009, 01:31 AM

Well, I guess I'll introduce myself. I'm still in the pickmeupoffthefloor shocked stage, but, hey, it's a definite pink line so I guess I might as well say hi!

I'm 29 and a sah mama to ds, 4 and dd, 21mos. We were planning on number 3 sometime in the indistinct future but are now expecting #3 in mid-August. I'm pretty sure I o'd around Dec 1, but I wasn't pay enough attention (obviously) so I can't be 100%. I've been in denial for about two weeks now thinking I might be then trying very hard not to think about it more. But after falling asleep on the couch just cause I sat down two mornings in a row, I finally bit the bullet and poas this afternoon. Immediate positive. Then I miscounted and posted a hello in the September group! Fuzzy brain, here I am!

I'm glad to be here, if I'm still a little off-balance! I look forward to the next 9 months with you all!

me, wife to dh, the movie geek (7/01), mama to ds1, budding Star Wars geek (10/05), dd, budding princess of the dirt (03/08) and ds2, budding extrovert. watch out! (8/10).
#99 of 99 Old 12-26-2009, 10:28 PM

This is so much fun to read! I'm Autumn, 28, married to an awesome man and still breastfeeding/cosleeping with my 14 month old so getting pregnant was a huge surprise! I also thought I was a month further along due to my lmp (which was the 1st pp) so that kind of stinks. I was looking forward to not being so exhausted much sooner.
It took us 5 years and giving up on ever having kids to get pregnant and I didn't realize until I was 15 weeks along. I did a hospital birth with no pain mess, was induced (my choice) because I had puppps and was seriously losing my mind (couldn't sleep, could hardly walk etc)
I'd love to do a homebirth this time but unless they'd let me use a hotel room it won't be possible. We moved into an rv full time in Sept and go where jobs are so we can see the country. My husband is a mechanical engineer.

Anyway nice to meet all of you!

Mama to a wild thing (10/08) and a new thing (8/5/10) and wife to the love of my
Typos+weird words=typing on my iPhone

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page