baby name ideas - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-12-2009, 02:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My BF was going to do Charlotte for a girl and she was so certain she was having a girl that she told her DH that he could pick the name for the boy. Guess what? They are having a George Bailey. I love it, though, it's cute and I think once the shock of not having a girl, she's warmed up to the name. I know my girl name but my boy name is up in the air, but if I've learned anything, I'm going to have a say in it!

DD: 8/10

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2009, 09:48 PM

george is really cute! i don't think i could talk dh into it. still waiting for the perfect name(s)!

okay so i did a little looking and this is what i like:

girl: adelaide olive (was ds's girl name that i'm still in love with )

boy: (no middles yet)
rafe
ike
coen
silas

SAHM to Hannah (11/04), Cash (02/08), and Adelaide (07/10) dh, Chris.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:56 PM

my husband won't discuss till way later, but I really want to use the names Lily Sarah / Jared Samuel. I think he'll go for the middle names but not the first names!

In thinking of naming after people, the S name is after my grandmother, so any suggestions are welcome, and the J name is after my uncle and I don't have a girl J name or really any other boy names picked out, so I'd love suggestions for those too! I like discussing names!

Dara Mommy to Gabbie (4/05) , Zachary (6/07) , and Simon (8/10)
Old 12-14-2009, 12:47 AM

Declan Mitchell (Declan because I love the name and Mitchell for his Pa)

Afton Rose (Afton because HE loves the name and Rose for my mom)

Nicole, wife to Sean, mother to Afton Reanne Evangeline, a natural birth at a hospital 8/17/2010 8lbs 9 oz 21 inches long.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:13 AM

Nicole, I have never heard the name Afton before. How beautiful!!! Rose is perfect with it.

Dara, the only S names I have on my very exhausting list is Scarlet, Stella, and Shea. I don't have any J names except maybe Joseph

**Meghan***Wife, Mother, L&D RN... DS Logan 9/05 DS Riley 05/07, and DS #3 Cian is here!!! 7/25 x3
Old 12-14-2009, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momongeon View Post
Nicole, I have never heard the name Afton before. How beautiful!!! Rose is perfect with it.

Dara, the only S names I have on my very exhausting list is Scarlet, Stella, and Shea. I don't have any J names except maybe Joseph
Thank you! It's a river in Scotland. (DH loves anything from Scotland, lol)

Nicole, wife to Sean, mother to Afton Reanne Evangeline, a natural birth at a hospital 8/17/2010 8lbs 9 oz 21 inches long.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:43 PM

So far we have an Eleanor Jean and an Alexander James.

This time for a girl, all we know is that the middle name is most likely going to be Irene. DH's top girl name is Katherine, mine is Josephine... but I worry that Josephine Irene just sounds too sing-songy.

For a boy, DH is really set on Thomas, but I'm not a huge fan. I like the name well enough, but I just don't feel like it's MY son's name, if that makes any sense. My favorite is Edward, but I almost don't want to use it because of Twilight. At this point, we may have agreed that Edward Thomas is acceptable... but we'll see how we feel in 8 or so months.

Jen, mommy to DD (3/06), DS (5/08), 2 angels, and someone new coming 8/17/10.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:27 PM

For a girl, I like
Isabella Marie
Marissa Renee
Alianna (ah-lee-auhna)

For a boy... I have NO CLUE! LOL There are tons of boys in DH's family, and I really don't want to repeat any of them
Anthony Guido is a possibility... Guido would be after DH's best friend that passed away almost 6 years ago. Anthony is the only first name I can think of to go w/ it.
Andrew Michael I like, but Michael is DH's brothers first name and we didn't use it for a middle name for DS because of that...

Wife (32) to DH (33) Mom to DS 2 and Twin DD's born 8/11
Old 12-14-2009, 06:45 PM

I really like androgenous names... we already have a boy named Kieran. It's a very masculine Irish name that means "Little Dark One", but i grew up with an East Indian girl named Kiran and the Indian version means "Child of Light". I thought the name had great balance to it both in masculine/feminine and light/dark.

This time around I'm not sure... I can't ask my husband yet as he doesn't like talking about names this early. I really like Cael Malachi for a boy and Kathryn Victoria for a girl. I'm sure our list will grow though. My intuition tells me we have another boy on the way.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlecouple View Post

I'm digging on Isla for a girl....

When I named her that the name wasn't even in the top 1,000, and this year is is in the 600!! That's an unheard of jump! I'm not too worried though, in fact I would like it to become a tad more popular so that people will be able to pronounce it easier.

Old 12-15-2009, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole Starr View Post
Declan Mitchell (Declan because I love the name and Mitchell for his Pa)

Afton Rose (Afton because HE loves the name and Rose for my mom)

I love Afton!! Have you ever heard the Nickle Creek song, "sweet afton?" Its gorgeous and you could sing it to her
Old 12-15-2009, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlecouple View Post
I'm digging on Isla for a girl....

Our dd2 is Juliet Isla! More than any of our other middle names (Annabel Rose, Natalie Johannah, Margaret Elisabeth) I wish I'd saved Isla for a first name. But I still love it with Juliet.

Annie '02, Juliet '04, Natalie '07, Maggie '08, Theodore 11/8/10.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:35 PM

I want Sophie (Howl's Moving Castle) for a girl and am still holding on to Hayden if it's a boy. Hayden has been on our name list for 10 years. I also love Evelyn, Charlotte, Clementine and Jack. Both our girls have traditional names and I'd like to continue the theme. We go less traditional for middle names.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by limette View Post
I want Sophie (Howl's Moving Castle) for a girl and am still holding on to Hayden if it's a boy. Hayden has been on our name list for 10 years. I also love Evelyn, Charlotte, Clementine and Jack. Both our girls have traditional names and I'd like to continue the theme. We go less traditional for middle names.
Crashing (yet again) to give major for Sophie. That's our girl name, too (when there is a baby girl to name, that is).

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

Old 12-16-2009, 03:38 AM

We had this LO's name picked out during my last pregnancy which wasnt too long ago. For a girl it will be Emmelia Elizabeth Kay or a boy will be Harrison Brett.

Proud Army Wife, Christian, Mommy to Jackson (12/02) Jillian (12/03) and William (9/14/09). Expecting our newest blessing Aug 2010!
Old 12-16-2009, 04:51 AM

we have a jacob benjamin and a lauren jane. this is what i've come up with so far: boy- isaac, joel, joshua (josh), micah, jack. girl- kayla, emma, hannah, sophia/sophie, kiera (sp?), aimee.

mama to DS born 9/7/05, DD born 8/20/07, DS born 9/4/10 and DS born 11/26/13

Loving our chaotic, crunchy, homeschooling life!
Old 12-16-2009, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliHope View Post
I love Afton!! Have you ever heard the Nickle Creek song, "sweet afton?" Its gorgeous and you could sing it to her
I've heard of it, but I haven't heard it yet. I learned about it when I was researching it. That's a good idea, though! I'll have to download the song sometime.

Old 12-16-2009, 11:43 AM

natural birthin', baby catchin', cloth addicted, intactalactavist mama of 12/00, 6/03, 10/07, 8/10 & our angelcubs three
Old 12-16-2009, 12:56 PM

i LOVE judah!!

SAHM to Hannah (11/04), Cash (02/08), and Adelaide (07/10) dh, Chris.

User Tag List