is anyone else's totally an OOPS?! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 40 Old 01-20-2010, 06:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is oops #4 for us. #1 condom broke, #2 ovulated like 5 days early, #3 didn't think I was fertile yet, probably happened as far away from ovulation as possible, #4 withdrawal method finally failed us.

Danielle, 29, wife to Manuel, mom to Ariana (6), Ivy (4), and one , expecting again! EDD 8/29
#32 of 40 Old 01-20-2010, 06:48 PM

Totally not alone. Of my 3 pregnancies, only one was planned. And as a nurse and a doula I should know how to avoid it, but life happens and it's beautiful. Congratulations. Surprises are no less exciting or loveable than planned miracles- in fact I think a little more so in some ways...

Veggie, babywearing, cloth diapering, lactivist, intactivist, 2x HBAC, non-vaccing nurse and doula, wife of my babies' sweet Dada, Momma of 3 with another coming mid summer.

#33 of 40 Old 01-21-2010, 01:02 AM

Mine is a total opps. We didnt use a condom one time, and that's what did it. I know it was not a good time to not use a condom, but we were at my in-laws and the condoms werent anywhere close by. I didnt even want anymore kids. So, this has taken a lot of getting used to.
#34 of 40 Old 01-21-2010, 02:19 AM

right there with you matey... i didn't want anymore AT ALL. huge oops.. i remember thinking that i was going to get pregnant if i didn't get a condom... oh well!

SAHM to Hannah (11/04), Cash (02/08), and Adelaide (07/10) dh, Chris.
#35 of 40 Old 01-21-2010, 11:54 AM

My families replies were: "Are you crazy?", "Was it planned?", "How are you going to manage?", "Are you gonna get fixed now?", etc. I mean really, how rude! Ours wasn't planned, but we are both excited. This will be our fifth. A gift is a gift whether it is your first or your fifth! Our replies started sounding something like this..."Are you kidding we are only half done!", "Yes, this little bundle of joy was planned from the beginning of time!", "Which one of your grand kids do you want us to put back?". We keep getting more creative. It is kind of fun now. We have definitely made a game of it. There have been a few that have been genuinely happy for us and it was nice.

Congratulations! I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy and happy birth.

Wife to Dh and homeschooling, mother to DD16  DS12  DS9  DS5  DS3. Due with 6th child in March 2014.

#36 of 40 Old 01-21-2010, 12:09 PM

Another BCP baby here! We are absolutely thrilled though, despite the fact that DH is unemployed right now, we are trusting God that if we got pregnant on the pill than He's got a plan. DH is just hoping for a boy....he is a little frightened of having even more estrogen in the house.

Crunchy Christian Wife and Mommy to awesome DH and DD1 (4/25/07) and DD2 (8/13/10)
#37 of 40 Old 01-21-2010, 12:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
My first two were complete "oops" pregnancies. This one was a little different. I had been ttc for about a year but was taking a few months off because my husband had a total hip replacement. That involved him getting pelvic and hip x rays (no lead shield used) and I didn't want to ttc for a few months after. Because I had been charting my bbt, I had sex 6 days before and one day after ovulation. Somehow, I got pregnant anyway. The "experts" say not to worry about the xrays that my husband had 5-6 weeks prior to conception, but it still makes me uneasy. Congratulations on your pregnancy. In no way does the fact that it was and "oops!" make it any less of a miracle.
#38 of 40 Old 01-21-2010, 08:02 PM

Ours isn't a total "oops", because I had my hormonal IUD out in plans of TTC sometime later this year. The plan was to take the IUD out, wait until I had a period, then use condoms until things were more regular hormonally with me. Well, turns out I had the IUD out and fell pregnant just 3 days later. So much for having to have a period first! I haven't had a period in almost 4 years! So weird, but we are happy anyway since we did want to grow our family.

CD'ing, homebirthing, milk making school teacher. Supporting my family on my income and trying to get out of debt in 2013!
#39 of 40 Old 01-22-2010, 01:32 AM

Oh yeah, we're a total "oops" here. Well, we dtd I thought 2 days past ovulation, but I wasn't being very vigilant anymore (hVen't temped in 3 years and was just going by cm) so now I'm really not positive as to what day I was on! Honestly, in the middle of it I thought "I am so getting pregnant" but then shoved that thought out of my mind and refused to pick it up again until I was two weeks late and falling asleep on the couch mid-morning! As far as plannign goes, the last two years have been extremely tough financially. By all typical guages we should not be having any children and certainly not anymore. But, life happens, you roll with it and now that the shock is wearing off and I've felt a couple little bumps, I'm really getting excited about this! I've always wanted a bigger family and we had planned on starting to try again in June, so it's not a total knock-me-over kind of shock. It just isn't exactly what we'd planned. I have to give it to our families, though, in spite of all apparent difficulties in the timing, they are all thrilled! It's good to have that support even if other's are a little less tactful.

me, wife to dh, the movie geek (7/01), mama to ds1, budding Star Wars geek (10/05), dd, budding princess of the dirt (03/08) and ds2, budding extrovert. watch out! (8/10).
#40 of 40 Old 01-22-2010, 12:21 PM

\

Cherie: Ex-pat Mama in France to Chiara (Mar 08) and Adrian homebirth.jpg(Aug 2010) . cd.gifsewmachine.gif,winner.jpg

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page