completely stressing over lack of symptoms - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 12-04-2009, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i keep posting about this. just, someone come tell me you were pregnant once and your symptoms came and go/fluctuated/were minimal and everything was fine. i had a headache for a week and now it's gone and i wish it would come back

dissertating wife of Boo, mama of one "mookie" lovin' 2 year old girl! intactlact:: CTA until 7/10 FF 1501dc
#2 of 11 Old 12-04-2009, 04:23 PM

honey... i have had 5 pregnancies. my 3rd pregnancy i had no real symptoms so to speak (i was very tired but i have moments like that when i'm not gestating) i didn't throw up, i didn't get dizzy, i didn't really have any of the discomforts of pregnancy. so it is entirely possible to have a viable pregnancy with no symptoms.

so far mine this time around come and go. it seems similar to my daughter's pregnancy. thinking positively.. good thoughts. "my body is perfectly capable of growing and sustaining a life" "i am pregnant and this is a joyous time" "wow, this time around i have little to complain about"

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#3 of 11 Old 12-04-2009, 04:38 PM

Ok, with my 3rd pregnancy, i did not know i was pregnant until i was about 12 weeks!! Seriously. I owned my own business and was crazy busy and i did not keep track of my cycles.

Anyway, my husband and i went to a baseball game one day and I had to walk up a zillion stairs and my thighs BURNED so bad. I said to him that only happens when I am pregnant. I went into the bathroom after the trip up the mountain of stairs, looked in the mirror and instantly "knew" I was pregnant! I was glowing. really. It was kind of neat.

Other than the burning legs, and actually glowing I had absolutely no symptoms to speak of the entire 1st trimester. I did start craving Mexican food right after that and I normally hate Mexican food. And shortly after that my belly size quickly made up for my lack of noticing - I got huge fast.

I hope this helps.
BTW, I am in the lack of symptoms this time as well, so the reassuring stories help me too even though i have my own to tell.

Christian helpmeet, homeschooling, homebirthing, homesteading wife, happily raising our family completely naturally. Mother to 5 children, 1 angel and new baby due in August!
#4 of 11 Old 12-04-2009, 07:18 PM

With my first I didn't have any pregnancy symptoms. I would have never known had we not been TTC until I started showing. In the 2nd trimester I started gagging when brushing my teeth... other than that... nothing.

My second pregnancy, I was sick a week before I got a BFP and continued to be sick until I was 5 months along.

Appalachian mountain woman, radical homemaker, homeschooler, childbirth educator, and doula loving her DH and three powerful little femmes. Deladis 8-4-05, Ivy 4-28-08, and Gweneth 7-21-12 HBA2C! hbac.gif  -  blogging.jpg ribboncesarean.gif

#5 of 11 Old 12-04-2009, 07:28 PM

Crashing DDC... I am pregnant with my first and although I was a bit tired during the first trimester and thirsty for a few days before I found out I was pregnant, I have had absolutely zero symptoms. No morning sickness, no nausea, no cravings, no adversions, no soreness, no nothing - though I ran a 1/2 marathon at 6 weeks or so and was definitely more winded than during my training. I've heard that runs in families - my mom had no symptoms for either of her pregnancies (talk about a great thing to inherit ). I didn't even feel like I was pregnant until about 6 months in when I really started to show and when I started to actually feel a baby in there! The u/s were helpful in that too, but even now at 8 months, aside from being winded a bit easier than before, I have no symptoms. I sometimes wished I would have had some morning sickness to help make it feel more real, but, no symptoms is definitely a plus too - it's made pregnancy feel nothing but great .

Thrilled to be expecting Baby #2 after 15 months TTC (a 30% drop in TTC time than Baby #1!)

"Everything that is done in the world is done by hope." Martin Luther

#6 of 11 Old 12-04-2009, 10:00 PM

I don't feel pregnant at all either! I had a reassuring conversation with my mom, though-- she told me she had very few symptoms with both her pregnancies. Sending hopeful, healthy vibes your way!
#7 of 11 Old 12-05-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenBuckyfan View Post
Crashing DDC... I am pregnant with my first and although I was a bit tired during the first trimester and thirsty for a few days before I found out I was pregnant, I have had absolutely zero symptoms. No morning sickness, no nausea, no cravings, no adversions, no soreness, no nothing - though I ran a 1/2 marathon at 6 weeks or so and was definitely more winded than during my training. I've heard that runs in families - my mom had no symptoms for either of her pregnancies (talk about a great thing to inherit ). I didn't even feel like I was pregnant until about 6 months in when I really started to show and when I started to actually feel a baby in there! The u/s were helpful in that too, but even now at 8 months, aside from being winded a bit easier than before, I have no symptoms. I sometimes wished I would have had some morning sickness to help make it feel more real, but, no symptoms is definitely a plus too - it's made pregnancy feel nothing but great .
That's awesome! And so encouraging, I'm going to run a half next Sunday and I'll be 6-7 weeks along. So glad you were able to do it. What was your time if you don't mind me asking. I'm hoping to beat my previous best of 2:20. Not that fast but I ran the whole way.

Happily married to my sweet DH with two precious girls (12/08) and (8/10) and a crazy puppy dog. Expecting blessing #3 around 12/10.

#8 of 11 Old 12-05-2009, 11:00 PM

Well I'm in the May DDC but I saw this and figured I'd weigh in. I'm just over 15 weeks along and have yet to really have a symptom. I have had a few times when I felt nauseous but I'm pretty sure that's the vitamins more than anything else. Never puked. Boobs don't hurt. Supposedly some people just don't get a lot of symptoms. I'm also not showing yet...like I'm still wearing my old jeans and they don't really feel tight. So I feel ya cause I worried at the beginning too....but I had an US at 11 weeks and everything looked great. I went to the docs last monday and heard the heartbeat again and he said everything was good. So try not to worry. And don't wish for that headache back! headaches are the worst and you can't even take any good meds for it since you're pregnant! Just be happy that you're not sick and good luck with your pregnancy!
#9 of 11 Old 12-07-2009, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smerkin View Post
That's awesome! And so encouraging, I'm going to run a half next Sunday and I'll be 6-7 weeks along. So glad you were able to do it. What was your time if you don't mind me asking. I'm hoping to beat my previous best of 2:20. Not that fast but I ran the whole way.
I came in around 2:38 or so - a bit slower than I had wanted, but in addition to being pregnant I had a grade 2 ankle sprain 4 weeks before the race so my training took a complete nose dive. Surprisingly, the first half marathon I ever ran I ran in 2:40, so considering I walked almost 5 miles of this one, I didn't do so bad

Of course, my running has slowed up quite a bit now. I tried jogging on the treadmill at the gym a few weeks ago and I made it a couple of minutes before walking seemed much more enjoyable. I have never been a huge fan of running, but having a race is good motivation for me. With the baby due in Feb I plan on getting back to speed by signing up for a 7 mile run in June .

Good luck on your run and on setting a personal best!

Thrilled to be expecting Baby #2 after 15 months TTC (a 30% drop in TTC time than Baby #1!)

#10 of 11 Old 12-07-2009, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini529 View Post
I'm just over 15 weeks along and have yet to really have a symptom. I'm also not showing yet...like I'm still wearing my old jeans and they don't really feel tight.
I had this too - I don't think I really needed maternity pants until about 20 weeks and didn't start showing much until 23/24 weeks. I can still wear some of my non-maternity shirts like tank tops and some longer t-shirts, though as my DH points out, my belly protrudes beyond my boobs at this point so that's starting to become less and less .

#11 of 11 Old 12-07-2009, 01:01 PM

Don't stress! My last pregnancy I had no symptoms until towards the end of my second trimester with the exception of a STRONG aversion to red meat. I had no morning sickness whatsoever or any sort of pains or cravings. I know I won't be so lucky this time around!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page