#1 of 6 Old 01-27-2010, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

#2 of 6 Old 01-27-2010, 06:49 PM

Im so sorry you are going through this. I spotted with my first pregnancy and I was told that it CAN happen a couple days after sex. Try not to worry, as difficult as that is. HUGS.

Jaclyn, Madly in with DH, Scott. Mama to Calli Elizabeth (23 months) & our new little man, Bode Keam (9 weeks).
#3 of 6 Old 01-27-2010, 07:40 PM

This is one reason I just cannot have sex, I feel bad for my DH but the stress that any spotting would cause me to go insane!

I am sure that is all it is, mama! If you need to call your OB/midwife tomorrow to see if you can get checked just so you don't feel stressed about it!

Carrie - Christian, tandem nursing, knittin' mommy to my two little intact, cloth diapered, vax free boys CJ 4-4-08 and squishy Camden born at home 8-3-10!
#4 of 6 Old 01-27-2010, 10:14 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
It's totally normal and not a big deal most of the time. But it's why I'm not having sex. I've had two miscarriages so anything that would cause a totally normal, not a big deal amount of bleeding gives me a panic attack. But! I think it is probably more healthy to be having sex with your partner and preserving that relationship if you don't have a history of miscarriage.

My advice may not be appropriate for you. That's ok. You are just fine how you are and I am the right kind of me.

#5 of 6 Old 01-28-2010, 07:02 PM

With DD I always had spotting after sex (bright pink), athough mine usually showed up the next day. DD was born H&H and she's now 22 months.

I also had spotting with this pregnancy, not related to sex, right around 9-10 weeks. It lasted for a couple of days and was mucousy brown. I had a terrible cold at the time, was coughing and sneezing and I suspect that might have had something to do with it. I had an u/s a couple days after the spotting started and everything was fine. That was over a week ago now and I am hoping things are still okay. The spotting has stopped (fingers crossed).

I do know that spotting can happen for all sorts of reasons, a lot of which have nothing to do with m/c. Any chance you can get into your OB or midwife? When I happened to me the midwife agreed to see me right away and hearing the HB really put my mind at ease. Then again, I'm a worrier, so I needed the reassurance.

If it is stressing you out (as it was me), then certainly call. I think for the most part people understand that spotting is stressful.

Hang in there! Oh, and I'm in northern VT too!
#6 of 6 Old 01-28-2010, 10:29 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
With my second son, I woke up from a nap on the day I was 9 weeks and 3 days pregnant. I went pee and saw a blood clot in the toilet. It was probably between nickel and quarter sized. I called the doctor the next morning and they had me come in for an us. I had some brown spotting the night of the blood clot and into the morning of the us. Baby appeared fine on us and the doctor told me not to have sex for 2 weeks. I lasted 5 days of the no sex thing, but I have happy healthy 2 year old. I would not be having sex if I were you at least not without checking with the doctor, just to be safe.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page