Things that are GREAT about a summer pregnancy and baby... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-07-2010, 04:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommy7-08 View Post
How about not having to be heading to the hospital in a massive snowstorm for those of us who do hospitals or birth centers. Last night in PA we got 25 1/2" of snow...
Oh my gosh, yes. We had homebirths but had to bring each of them to the NICU. With ds1, there was a blizzard that day and driving to the hospital was scary and took forever. With ds2, there was a blizzard the next day. I figure maybe with #3 there will be a tornado or something instead.

Mama to Peter (3/8/04), Leo (3/12/06), Timothy (7/24/10), and boy #4 due on the summer solstice 2014
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2010, 06:41 PM

- A few wash and wear maternity dresses
- flip flops for swollen feet
- strawberry shortcake
- strawberry chocolate chip pancakes
- strawberries
- I really like the birthing outside idea
- no wresting with the kid's coats, snow pants, boots, gloves, cardigans, sweaters, hats etc. while big and pregnant
- Less laundry both right before and right after the baby is born
- Parking the baby outside in his pram for naps (in the shade)
Old 02-14-2010, 02:03 AM

I planned this pregnancy to be big in the summer! My reasons:

-rocking the bikini with the giant belly (adorable and no pressure to have flat abs)
-no seasonal depression to deal with
-kids are off school, so I'm off work so lazy days! Just wish we had our own pool but we will make the drive to visit family who has pools!
-kids going back to school shortly after baby is here (though now we are seriously considering homeschooling lol)
-in addition to the bikini, sundresses and flip-flops are all you need
-outside birthday parties!
-No need to bundle babe up to go outside, or cover their adorable cloth dipes we spend so much money on!
Old 02-14-2010, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megan sacha View Post
A good excuse for eating lots of ice cream and fresh fruit! Mmmm watermelon.
I'm already eating both in quantities, but am looking forward to FRESH fruit and better prices! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommy7-08 View Post
How about not having to be heading to the hospital in a massive snowstorm for those of us who do hospitals or birth centers. Last night in PA we got 25 1/2" of snow...

We have a mile-long driveway to get to our house, with a small valley in the middle, with our house on the upside = we don't keep it plowed in the winter = we snowmachine. So we planned for a summer baby, so that we could:

- have a homebirth, people can drive in easily
- we wouldn't have to drive in snowy/icy weather or my midwife
- August is a fun month in Alaska = great for birthday parties
- meets the preschool age cut-off
- personally: as other posters mentioned, no winter clothes and adorable summer clothes

Bekah (33): Doula and CNA sharing a great life with DH for 10 yrs now, momma to DS Baron (7/10)
Old 02-14-2010, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalulu View Post
This is way off in the future but I'm looking forward to bday parties that can be outside!! Its always a struggle to find a good spot for the boys parties that are low key and not a fortune to rent.

Now I'm craving watermelon
DDC crashing to ditto this. I'm due the end of June/beginning of July (will likely go into July!) and I am thrilled at the idea of being able to have birthday parties outside and in parks. dd was born in January, and I'm really not a fan of this birthday-party-at-home thing.

Other things:
- I can birth outside if I want to. We have a back deck w/ a hot tub that I could use as a birthing pool.
- What's already been said: not having to bundle baby up, being able to get out and DO things (!!!!!), big sister will be going to school in September (most likely...), and so on.

If the heat really gets that bad while preggo, I'll just scrounge up the money for an a/c and live in one room for awhile.

Weirdo Mama to amazing Aurelia, age 9 & Ember Roslyn, age 3!

User Tag List