Weekly Chat - February 7th - 13th - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-12-2010, 01:39 PM
LZP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh man- I'm going to fix a bagel and CC right now... mmmm. I had this craving on Tuesday before we got snowed in, and bought a bunch of bagels. They're nbto the fresh delicious deli kind, but they're not terrible once toasted...

The babymoon isn't over! Our long awaited A born 7/18/10, making us laugh and smile every day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2010, 03:41 PM

mmmm, I'd probably be craving bagels tooo after reading all this but I've been gorging myself on crepes with cream cheese and jam all day already (at least there's no shortage of that in France)... so that satisfies it.
I do remember craving bagels soo bad with DD. We were in Italy and bagels were non-existant, so I learned how to bake them from scratch. yummy!

Cherie: Ex-pat Mama in France to Chiara (Mar 08) and Adrian homebirth.jpg(Aug 2010) . cd.gifsewmachine.gif,winner.jpg
Old 02-12-2010, 08:11 PM

I had an everything bagel for breakfast this morning!

Today I mailed out v-day cards to my parents from my kids and included a copy of one of our u/s photos and a letter from me exaplining the photo. I thought that'd be a really cute way to tell them. I'm 14 weeks today.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:30 PM

I've been eating bagels too! LOL

Mandy, I know what you mean, if someone here or on facebook mentions a food, I suddenly have to have it! And I have a friend who went the entire pregnancy in regular jeans somehow, I guess if they are low rise they can still work.

Mamabearsoblessed, glad you got your pie!

Seatlemamma...I read a comment on facebook I think about from a woman who drank pickle juice like the whole first trimester..I think that was all she could get down!

Danielle, 29, wife to Manuel, mom to Ariana (6), Ivy (4), and one , expecting again! EDD 8/29
Old 02-13-2010, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
15w3d and still wearing my regular jeans. A couple people have commented on my little bump, and my fundus feels right on track (about 4 fingers below my belly button) but I think I'll be the last person in our DDC in maternity clothes, and I'm one of the first due! Maybe it's just because my jeans are low-rise.
I'm going nuts waiting for my U/S. Only 3 and a half weeks to go!
I didn't need maternity at all until 3 days ago and suddenly 2 of my 3 pairs of jeans stopped fitting completely. I went through all my boxed up pants from my earlier pregnancies (both regular clothes in bigger sizes and maternity) and got out the best of what fits. It's a few things one size up and a bunch of non-enormous maternity. I realized that most of my maternity clothes won't be wearable by May when it gets warm. I might as well start wearing stuff now if it's comfortable. But I made it to the second trimester before needing anything. I'm 14 weeks today. I needed elastic waistbands by 9 weeks with my first but wore my usual jeans until 20 weeks with my second. I figured I'd get huge immediately with #3, but nope. So strange.

Despite my stomach churning tonight (I've been feeling good for a couple weeks otherwise) I feel the need to go toast an English muffin now. Thanks a lot, people :P

Mama to Peter (3/8/04), Leo (3/12/06), Timothy (7/24/10), and boy #4 due on the summer solstice 2014
Old 02-14-2010, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlemamma View Post
ROFL I just looked this up on the internet http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...ce.html?cat=51
Thanks for the article link, my niece adores pickles and is very athletic (21yo), she loved the info. I am still struggling with off-days of not being able to keep food down, so I tried pickles. It unfortunately did not work for me, sigh...

The BeBand looks nice. Someone here mentioned (or somewhere else) that they use their band by putting the wider end over hips (tucked under panties) and then the top part is folded over pants. I don't have a band yet but had a "light bulb" moment while dressing today. I used the same technique, but using my long johns. With the top folded over my unbottoned jeans, they actually helped to keep my jeans up! Yeah. I would think the same would work with panty hose and skirts/dress pants.

On a different note: my DH and I met and toured a birth center (I used to work there as a doula, so I know the midwife). My DH really liked the center, as I do. BUT, the midwife is due the same time as me! She has 2 apprentice midwives, I don't know how experienced they are. She is arranging to have a HB midwife cover for her, so I have to meet that midwife and see if we click. An interesting twist to the HB plans.

Bekah (33): Doula and CNA sharing a great life with DH for 10 yrs now, momma to DS Baron (7/10)
Old 02-14-2010, 10:18 PM

Can't take it anymore....

What is the fundus? Second pregnancy, and totally clueless.

Re: lowrise jeans. I have two pairs of jeans that work for me. One is one of those "slimming" jeans with the panel (they are trouser-like, and I wear them to work on Fridays, purchased from Target), and the other are Levi 542 (lowrise flares). Love them both. The lowrise sits in a perfect place - doesn't cut into the belly, but isn't so low I am flashing anyone. I wear those to do barn chores, and sometimes I wear them dirty all over town, I love them so...

I just did a brief glance at the maternity section in a department store, and it was HORRIBLE. I don't know what I am going to do. I am 38, too old for cutesy, and not wearing that matronly crap they have out there. I looked horrible in my last pregnancy (frumpy in leggings and unfortunately striped shirts), and I don't know what I'll do. I haven't really announced it at my job yet, either, so I can't look out in the open (I am a teacher, and I live in the community where I teach). Still looking covertly...

HoneyFern

The Blog

Never let your schooling interfere with your education. ~Mark Twain~

Old 02-14-2010, 10:22 PM

Suzannah, the fundus is the top of the uterus. So when they're feeling for the fundus they're just trying to see how high your uterus is at that point.

Danielle, 29, wife to Manuel, mom to Ariana (6), Ivy (4), and one , expecting again! EDD 8/29
Old 02-14-2010, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalmomma1 View Post
Suzannah, the fundus is the top of the uterus. So when they're feeling for the fundus they're just trying to see how high your uterus is at that point.
Thanks. No one has felt me at this point (). Is there a guideline for where it's supposed to be, or can I feel it myself? I am 12 weeks.

HoneyFern

The Blog

Never let your schooling interfere with your education. ~Mark Twain~

Old 02-15-2010, 12:18 AM

At 12 weeks it's just above the pubic bone. I'm 12 weeks too. I can sort of feel it but it's kind of tricky yet. Just press down around that area, you would feel kind of a hard ridge.

Old 02-15-2010, 04:31 AM

Suzannah: you can look openly at eBay or Craigslist. I had very good luck on both, the items usually come in bulk, so there may be a few pieces that aren't your favorite. But I won't need to step into a department store, thank goodness! Although, I do need a few nursing bra's, but that's different.

Someone mentioned the BeBand from Target, I found it online and it is the best priced one for the options out there. I hope that helps....
I've been simulating the belly band concept by folding the top of my long johns and panty hose to keep up clothes that are unbuttoned. Working so far!

Bekah (33): Doula and CNA sharing a great life with DH for 10 yrs now, momma to DS Baron (7/10)

User Tag List