Weekly Chat - February 7th - 13th - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 41 Old 02-07-2010, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Another week has passed!

Today is a Superbowl party - thankfully not at my 'desperately needs to be cleaned' house! I can keep up the dishes, laundry (to the extent that it's clean, if not folded), and some clutter pickup (and throw a project in on the weekend) but that's about it. I can't stand to look at my kitchen floor.

My husband checked the mail last night and my first issue of Parents magazine had come - my mother signed me up for 4 years of it! When I read parenting tips, I always think "I need to remember that!" but I don't know how much I'll retain by the time I need it.

A friend at work dug up her doppler for me this weekend, I can't wait to try it. My Mother and MIL are going to be over the moon if I can let them hear the baby's heartbeat. We're right outside Portland, Oregon and my family is in Louisiana, DH's is in Minnesota. MIL was also begging DH for help picking out a webcam to buy for us last night, and telling him however much she cried when he left to move away from home it will be nothing compared to how she'll cry when having to leave her grandbaby and head home.

Laurie & Dave having baby #1! Our SON is due 8/4/2010
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35* **40
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 41 Old 02-09-2010, 11:46 AM
LZP

Hey Taylah! thanks for starting the weekly chat- looks like we all got a little distracted and missed it! I was looking for it yesterday, too.

So, today I think I need to avoid all outside stimuli. Everything is making me tear up. I read birth stories, I cry. Listen to a nice story on the radio- cry. Seriously, I know that I said it before- but it just keeps getting worse!

Great news Taylah about your borrowed doppler! When will she bring it in for you- and if she already did, have you used it?

I know it's being discussed in another thread- but for those of us finding out gender, can you believe it could be in as little as like... 2 weeks for some of you?! For us, 5 weeks from today I could know the gender of our little one! amazing.

AND, I finally got to change that little bean to the "seamonkey" as Evie'sMama called it... woo hoo! We started our 15th week today.

What's up with everyone else?

The babymoon isn't over! Our long awaited A born 7/18/10, making us laugh and smile every day.
#3 of 41 Old 02-09-2010, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

We got the Doppler yesterday but couldn't find a heartbeat - the package said it worked best sometime between 21-28 weeks through the end of pregnancy so I'm a little early I'll hit 15 weeks tomorrow, and will have my gender ultrasound on March 5th at 18 weeks, 2 days. I seriously am having a hard time waiting!!!

#4 of 41 Old 02-09-2010, 01:17 PM

Finding out the gender is a ways off for me yet, I am only 13 weeks, but i can't wait! I wouldn't mind waiting until birth either but DH can't contain his excitement.

Nausea, fatigue are both getting better. I still have some bouts of it but they are getting fewer and farther in between. But now it's leg cramps if I sit too long and heartburn! If it's not one thing it's another thing with pregnancy.

I have to get new clothes. I only have two good pairs of pants that fit but they are starting to get pretty tight. We have NO money right now though so I am thinking I may have to settle for a bella band or something until later.

Crunchy Christian Wife and Mommy to awesome DH and DD1 (4/25/07) and DD2 (8/13/10)
#5 of 41 Old 02-09-2010, 01:48 PM
LZP

I was thinking I need to get a bella band (or the Target kind) tonight when I'm out...! I have a pair of work pants that's been too big for me for some time- like at least a size too big, so I know they'll fit for a while, but they're such droopy drawers. My belts dont fit around my waist comfortably, so I need something to keep them up. and all my other pants benefit from being UNbuttoned, so go figure!

I just started getting heartburn too. I figured out last night that if I have some milk about 30 minutes before bed, that seems to help reduce it considerably. otherwise, I'm up frequently during the night... ugh.

I'm also VERY curious what baby movement feels like, because I have these sensations that I can only describe as occasional uncomfortable pokes or prods and they're not generally in the vicinity of either of the RLs. I know it's ossible, but I wish I could just have confirmation!! Experienced mamas-
Does early movement ever cause discomfort?

The babymoon isn't over! Our long awaited A born 7/18/10, making us laugh and smile every day.
#6 of 41 Old 02-09-2010, 03:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
If it's discomfort, then it's probably digestion and not baby. This early it feels more fluttery. The baby only weighs around an ounce, so it's not big or strong enough yet to cause any pain...that will come in time!

I ended up never doing the bella band with either pregnancy. At this point I'm in full on maternity pants, but can still do regular shirts if they're long.

Elizabeth - Doing life with Scott partners.gif

SAHM to Evelyn - my crazy little Celiac (4) energy.gif Annabelle (2)  love.gif and Abraham (born 6/20) buddamomimg1.png
adoptionheart-1.gif  Follow our journey  mdcblog5.gif

#7 of 41 Old 02-09-2010, 04:01 PM
LZP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evie's Mama View Post
If it's discomfort, then it's probably digestion and not baby. This early it feels more fluttery. The baby only weighs around an ounce, so it's not big or strong enough yet to cause any pain...that will come in time!
I would normally think it was gas... but after TTC for 17months, I am hyper-aware of sensations in my body, and have always been pretty in-tune with what's going on in there. I can tell where the sensation is coming from, and it's not any of my digestive/GI parts. It's not a gas-type of discomfort at all. (And I've had my share of gas recently, so I'm pretty certain. ) ha! either way, there's no confirming for sure unless through U/S RIGHT when it's happening, so it's just a wait and see... probably not movement, probably just my abs/uterus stretching. and a lot of wishful thinking.

#8 of 41 Old 02-09-2010, 05:06 PM

I'm also in the needing new clothes camp, all my clothes are starting to get tight and I'm not sure how much longer they'll work. I have a bella band in the mail so hopefully that will carry me a bit longer.

I really hate clothes shopping.

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#9 of 41 Old 02-10-2010, 12:30 AM

I tried to put on my jeans yesterday and realized that while they technically could button, it wasn't worth it, and found my pair in the next size up. Some of my normal size fit fine but that pair is done. I've got another size up also if that fits better than my maternity jeans. I'm hesitant to start wearing maternity if something else fits because I know how much I miss zipping/buttoning eventually. At least with the timing of this pregnancy, I'll be wearing my long pants/long sleeves maternity clothes for the second trimester and by the third I'll need warm weather clothes (I don't have any, after having two March babies). So at least I will only have 3 months of these clothes and not 5-6 like before.

Mama to Peter (3/8/04), Leo (3/12/06), Timothy (7/24/10), and boy #4 due on the summer solstice 2014
#10 of 41 Old 02-10-2010, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZP View Post
I would normally think it was gas... but after TTC for 17months, I am hyper-aware of sensations in my body, and have always been pretty in-tune with what's going on in there. I can tell where the sensation is coming from, and it's not any of my digestive/GI parts. It's not a gas-type of discomfort at all. (And I've had my share of gas recently, so I'm pretty certain. ) ha! either way, there's no confirming for sure unless through U/S RIGHT when it's happening, so it's just a wait and see... probably not movement, probably just my abs/uterus stretching. and a lot of wishful thinking.
I have had some shooting twinges in my lower abd. It feels like cervical twinges to me. I am not sure if you were/are a cervical position checker but right now your cervix is shifting from a low vertical position to angling back toward your rectum and very high. These changes can cause some pretty funky sensations. I agree that FM at this point would not be painful. More like a funny tickle. I am not sure what to say other than that. I hope it goes away and FM starts feeling like FM and not gas or other strange things.

**Meghan***Wife, Mother, L&D RN... DS Logan 9/05 DS Riley 05/07, and DS #3 Cian is here!!! 7/25 x3
#11 of 41 Old 02-10-2010, 06:04 AM

Buying maternity clothes over here is going to be a pain. I'm hoping to find some sympathetic people from the fam to send me some. Otherwise, I'll have to order some...soon because my pants are already becoming tight.

I can't believe we're almost to the 14th week! That seems so crazy to me. We have our 16th week appointment on the 26th (soon!) and it's at that appointment where we make our gender appointment. Eek! I can't wait. Then I can really go baby shopping crazy.

I met mesa, fellow MDC mommy and Army wife a week or so ago. She let me try on her Ergo with her 20 month old DD. It was AWESOME! OMG! I can't wait to order my own. I'm so excited. (Her daughter fell asleep in it, btw. Totally cute). I need to go post that in the babywearing forum, too.

Have a great week, everyone!

Nicole, wife to Sean, mother to Afton Reanne Evangeline, a natural birth at a hospital 8/17/2010 8lbs 9 oz 21 inches long.
#12 of 41 Old 02-10-2010, 04:27 PM

Is time flying for anyone else? I can't believe how fast it is going. This is definitely our last babe and I told myself that I'd savor every minute and keep weekly photos....Yeah I'm not doing so well at following through on that I do think I have more preggo photos than with my other 2 though.

I thought I'd kicked the indigestion a couple weeks ago but it came back yesterday. All.day.long.

I'm dying to find out gender too!! I don't let myself entertain names until I know. As it is I end up going into birth with a list a mile long!

Lisa, mama to A (3/05) and R (11/07) and L (8/10)
#13 of 41 Old 02-10-2010, 04:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalulu View Post
I told myself that I'd savor every minute and keep weekly photos....Yeah I'm not doing so well at following through on that
I was going to be better about the photos this time too. My problem is I like to take full shots (face and all), so I want to make sure it's a day I showered and look decent. There just aren't enough of those days lately!

Elizabeth - Doing life with Scott partners.gif

SAHM to Evelyn - my crazy little Celiac (4) energy.gif Annabelle (2)  love.gif and Abraham (born 6/20) buddamomimg1.png
adoptionheart-1.gif  Follow our journey  mdcblog5.gif

#14 of 41 Old 02-10-2010, 06:56 PM

I've been feeling better the last week or so, was a bit wigged out by that but had a great visit w/ my mw yest. Heard the and have obvious thumping and not just questionable flutters now .
I have also been craving meatballs with sweet tangy sauce and cocnut cream pie ??? Do you know how hard it is to find a true coconut cream pie? DH is an amazing chef and said he'd cook me one but that hasn't happened yet..

Thanks for starting the thread Taylah~ and its graet to hear the chat Mamas .

natural birthin', baby catchin', cloth addicted, intactalactavist mama of 12/00, 6/03, 10/07, 8/10 & our angelcubs three
#15 of 41 Old 02-10-2010, 08:58 PM - Thread Starter

We haven't managed to go to the grocery yet this week - we are surviving on freezer hiders and whatever matches up from the pantry. Granted I had some fairly nice hiders - like a pot roast that is bubbling happily away in the crockpot right now.

The downside is having to eat out lunches - but my week long craving for broccoli cheese soup was satisfied yesterday by Quiznos and my little one's ongoing longing for tartar sauce was fulfilled by a Wendy's premium fish sandwich today. (I don't normally eat tartar sauce so I blame that fully on the sprout).

15 weeks today and only 1 week away from my next appt - I'm dying to hear the baby's heartbeat again. I couldn't locate it on the doppler my friend loaned me (which the instructions said may happen if I'm not at least 21 weeks). I'd really love another ultrasound, just for the picture - I've only seen my baby as a blob with a flickering heartbeat.

#16 of 41 Old 02-10-2010, 09:04 PM

Just let me say that perhaps the ending of "Marley and Me" is not the best choice for viewing in a MW's waiting room full of pregnant women. I'd never seen the movie, and had the bad luck to catch the "sad goodbye to beloved dog" section, and literally had to hold back tears. Another woman noticed the movie and remarked, "Wow, why'd they have to put that on?" I was like, "Just keep your eyes on the magazine, ignore the dying dog..."

I can barely make it through a Hallmark commercial and they're exposing me to canine euthanasia? I could cry just thinking about it!

Time to go hug my dogs now!

5*10*15*20****25****30***35****40*42
#17 of 41 Old 02-10-2010, 09:39 PM

Mmmm coconut cream pie...now I'm going to want to make that. I've been very vulnerable to food suggestions lately.

Danielle, 29, wife to Manuel, mom to Ariana (6), Ivy (4), and one , expecting again! EDD 8/29
#18 of 41 Old 02-10-2010, 09:58 PM

I think the meatballs sound pretty good hahaha

Nicki wife to Rich, Mama to 7 y/o DS, and a beautiful Princess Aug 2010
#19 of 41 Old 02-10-2010, 11:14 PM

Hello ladies...

I saw the baby yesterday! She (I've been calling it a she) had all her bits and pieces and was really active, wiggling and rolling around. She even waved at me! So cool!

Things have been going better for me, the MS is becoming far and between. As well as having more energy. I'm a thankful momma! I still don't have an appetite though, I just kinda feed myself something every few hours, really weird. I actually am longing for the pregnancy cravings, it'll mean I'll have an appetite back. I love food!

I recently celebrated my 33ed birthday. My DH treated me to a weekend getaway at our cabin in Denali State Park. We haven't been there in a few years and it was so nice to go back! A lovely time making memories and dreaming of when we can bring our baby up there. As for that, we brought our furry baby up there, a male german shepherd (12 weeks old) puppy. He did great and was loving it. Fun stuff.

Bekah (33): Doula and CNA sharing a great life with DH for 10 yrs now, momma to DS Baron (7/10)
#20 of 41 Old 02-11-2010, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsayb View Post
Just let me say that perhaps the ending of "Marley and Me" is not the best choice for viewing in a MW's waiting room full of pregnant women. I'd never seen the movie, and had the bad luck to catch the "sad goodbye to beloved dog" section, and literally had to hold back tears. Another woman noticed the movie and remarked, "Wow, why'd they have to put that on?" I was like, "Just keep your eyes on the magazine, ignore the dying dog..."

I can barely make it through a Hallmark commercial and they're exposing me to canine euthanasia? I could cry just thinking about it!

Time to go hug my dogs now!
I had to hold back tears just reading this post, especially since we have our own "Marley" - a ridiculously hyper 120 lb black lab!

Crunchy Christian Wife and Mommy to awesome DH and DD1 (4/25/07) and DD2 (8/13/10)
#21 of 41 Old 02-11-2010, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by COgirl19 View Post
I have to get new clothes. I only have two good pairs of pants that fit but they are starting to get pretty tight. We have NO money right now though so I am thinking I may have to settle for a bella band or something until later.
Just a suggestion - if you o to old Navy, they usually have a pretty decent selection of maternity clothes. Try some stuff on, figure out what size you are, and then troll eBay for "lots" of maternity clothes. I basically bought myself an entire professional wardrobe for about $50 through eBay. I know you don't have the money now, but if you get an idea of what you want, when you have a little extra $$ you can be ready to buy the good deals

Also - do you have any new mom friends who would be willing to lend you some of their maternity clothes?

Loving being a stay at home mamma to DD 10/07, and newly arrived DS 7/26/10
#22 of 41 Old 02-11-2010, 11:20 PM

Quote:
I've only seen my baby as a blob with a flickering heartbeat.
Blobs are so cute though but can't wait to see mine at my 20 week appt.

Well, today was very strange...if your not pregnant. I am still having nausea and low energy and very tired. I am 12.75 weeks. I noticed a jar of Claussen dill pickles in the fridge and had the sudden craving for pickle juice. Gave the pickles to my kido's then drank the juice...the whole 20oz! Then I looked at the ingredients and hoped it was okay. I haven't been nauseous since. Then I had fresh strawberries and cream, crackers and cheese, and oranges the rest of the day.

Wife to Dh and homeschooling, mother to DD16  DS12  DS9  DS5  DS3. Due with 6th child in March 2014.

#23 of 41 Old 02-12-2010, 12:01 AM

ROFL I just looked this up on the internet http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...ce.html?cat=51

Wife to Dh and homeschooling, mother to DD16  DS12  DS9  DS5  DS3. Due with 6th child in March 2014.

#24 of 41 Old 02-12-2010, 12:49 AM

I got a BeBand (Target brand bella band) today and I love it! WHY DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THESE LAST PREGNANCY!!??? Best invention ever. Now to go find some ice cream...

#25 of 41 Old 02-12-2010, 07:59 AM

Seattlemama: that is soo funny about the pickle juice! I never knew it was that good for you. I had to add some to my egg salad the other day though.

COgirl19: The beband is awesome. Love mine too!

As for cravings... not too many here, but it seems like the only time I get one, it's for something american that I can't get over here in france. What I would do for a BK Whopper right now!! I'm almost considering a trip to england for one!

Cherie: Ex-pat Mama in France to Chiara (Mar 08) and Adrian homebirth.jpg(Aug 2010) . cd.gifsewmachine.gif,winner.jpg
#26 of 41 Old 02-12-2010, 10:16 AM

So I am sitting here eating an everything bagel toasted just a bit~ still chewy on the inside with whipped cream cheese. OMG is it heavenly!!!

Also~ dh brought me a cocomnut cream pie the night before last (bless his precious heart ) and I think I may eat the last piece after my shower ...

I feel better and can't believe all the foods that are I just *have to have* .

this is all very different from my other pgs, at least this week .

natural birthin', baby catchin', cloth addicted, intactalactavist mama of 12/00, 6/03, 10/07, 8/10 & our angelcubs three
#27 of 41 Old 02-12-2010, 12:07 PM
MJB

15w3d and still wearing my regular jeans. A couple people have commented on my little bump, and my fundus feels right on track (about 4 fingers below my belly button) but I think I'll be the last person in our DDC in maternity clothes, and I'm one of the first due! Maybe it's just because my jeans are low-rise.
I'm going nuts waiting for my U/S. Only 3 and a half weeks to go!
#28 of 41 Old 02-12-2010, 12:08 PM
MJB

Okay, and I haven't had any cravings yet but now I want a bagel and cream cheese because I read it in this chat!
#29 of 41 Old 02-12-2010, 12:31 PM

Did someone say Claussen!!! I heart those pickles!!!!!

I have my 12 week appt today at 3pm and Im beyond excited, worried etc....
Been in maternity clothes since 9 weeks, but im not really showing, just getting wide and my boobies are like planets now. But glad to hear everyone is doing well. Chat with you Mammas later

Expecting #1 on August 26
#30 of 41 Old 02-12-2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
Okay, and I haven't had any cravings yet but now I want a bagel and cream cheese because I read it in this chat!
I think it sounds pretty darn good too! i am going to add bagels to the grocery list... I am sick to death of cereal every morning

Nicki wife to Rich, Mama to 7 y/o DS, and a beautiful Princess Aug 2010

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page