Great m/w appt!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 02-09-2010, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
saw my m/w today and she went for a listen to the Babe's heartbeat and I said 'lower left~ I've had a lot of commotion there just now'
Sure enough clear as could be and then bloop away to the other side~ and I said' you'll get 'em on the other side I can feel him there"
She thought it was hilarious and the heartbeat was good and strong, and she always says how cool it is that I feel my Baby's so early .
It finally seems there is someone in there!!! I've been having progressively more activity in there in the last few weeks but yesterday and this am were crazy!!
I was hoping it was baby and not just gas or muscle twitches. It was great to have the confirmation that there is indeed still a Baby and this is really happening .

Also~ I thought this was my last visit with here as she is leaving the midwifery practice to join up with my origianal ob/gyn (doesn't do births any more but focusses on womens health). I have been heartbroken but it will be ok with the other 2 m/ws in the practice. I just have such a connection w/ her as she caught my 2dd and has been beside me for alot...

everything was great, lost a few lbs but probably gained it back w/ the baked potato soup I scarfed following our visit

Anyway~ I left her office on Cloud 9!!! I'm really having another Baby!!!!!
I am sooo HIGH right now!!!!

natural birthin', baby catchin', cloth addicted, intactalactavist mama of 12/00, 6/03, 10/07, 8/10 & our angelcubs three
#2 of 9 Old 02-09-2010, 07:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Sounds wonderful!

Elizabeth - Doing life with Scott partners.gif

SAHM to Evelyn - my crazy little Celiac (4) energy.gif Annabelle (2)  love.gif and Abraham (born 6/20) buddamomimg1.png
adoptionheart-1.gif  Follow our journey  mdcblog5.gif

#3 of 9 Old 02-09-2010, 08:00 PM

hooray!! I know that feeling....you wonder and wonder for weeks if there really is a baby alive in there (after having one or more losses) and then that heartbeat is the best thing ever! i heard my baby the other day and all of a sudden it was like, holy crap I really am pregnant! LOL Wow what a mood lifter. Congrats!

Danielle, 29, wife to Manuel, mom to Ariana (6), Ivy (4), and one , expecting again! EDD 8/29
#4 of 9 Old 02-09-2010, 10:50 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Awesome! Yay! My midwife won't hear the heartbeat till close to 20 weeks so I'm kind of nervous after two miscarriages. The only downside of a low-tech pregnancy.

My advice may not be appropriate for you. That's ok. You are just fine how you are and I am the right kind of me.

#5 of 9 Old 02-10-2010, 12:13 AM

How wonderful for you! I'm a total worry-wort, and I got pregnant by surprise after being told that I would never get pregnant on my own (I have PCOS and no periods), so this pregnancy has seemed too good to be true all along. Although I've heard the HB twice already, I can't wait until my 15 week appt with MW tomorrow to hear it again!

I need a worry-release...after this HB, I promise myself, no mroe worrying! (Hope I can keep the promise this time )

5*10*15*20****25****30***35****40*42
#6 of 9 Old 02-10-2010, 05:58 PM

Hooray! I too had a great MW appt today! MW found the baby's HB quickly--it was 163 bpm (so the old wives would say Baby is a girl)--and my uterus is right where it should be for 15 weeks. I'm really having this baby! I'm so happy and in love with my baby right now, and so proud of both of us for making this happen. YAY!

5*10*15*20****25****30***35****40*42
#7 of 9 Old 02-10-2010, 06:21 PM

what great news!
#8 of 9 Old 02-10-2010, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsayb View Post
Hooray! I too had a great MW appt today! MW found the baby's HB quickly--it was 163 bpm (so the old wives would say Baby is a girl)--and my uterus is right where it should be for 15 weeks. I'm really having this baby! I'm so happy and in love with my baby right now, and so proud of both of us for making this happen. YAY!
I KNOW IT!!! All along I've been thinking how could this possibly be happening and I was nervous to *not* hear the hb yesterdaty but almost detached if that makes sense. Since yesterday's appt I have been feeling the Babay almost any time I am quiet and even felt some distinct thumping on my fingers when I pressed on my lowere left above where I have been feling the most movement. It is like the last 72 hours have given me a real live Baby... I believe now :. I can't wait to get into our loft and rip open what bins of baby clothes I have left , can't wait to find out and start shopping, can't wait to narrow down names !!!!

natural birthin', baby catchin', cloth addicted, intactalactavist mama of 12/00, 6/03, 10/07, 8/10 & our angelcubs three
#9 of 9 Old 02-10-2010, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you Mamas for cheering with me!!!

YOU ROCK!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page